Home | About | Donate

Six Reasons We’ll Need to Ramp Up the #ConsumerRevolution under Trumpism

Six Reasons We’ll Need to Ramp Up the #ConsumerRevolution under Trumpism

Katherine Paul

If ever conditions were ripe for revolution, that time is now—especially for anyone who cares about their health, and the health of planet earth.

President-Elect Donald Trump’s short lists for his environment and agriculture cabinet appointments are dominated by entrenched D.C. insiders, career politicians and industry lobbyists. Not one of these proposed “leaders” supports policies that would lead to healthier food, a cleaner environment or a cooler planet.

Trump is correct when he says the system is rigged...he just omits the fact that he is as big a part of the rigging as anybody. Omitting facts is of course one of the keys to Trump's success. Trump fans disdain facts and evidence.

With the system as rigged as it always has been, the vote any Murkin has ever cast that sends a message to the ruling class and the politicians they own has been voting with dollars every time a purchase is made.

This is "media agriculture", not American agriculture. Pin it squarely on the fifth column calling itself "America".

On "animal welfare," note that early in US history, animal welfare (anti-cruelty laws, etc.) also covered the very poor. Maybe we could push for enough progress to restore similar (animal welfare) protections to our poor. as it has virtually been "open season" on our homeless for years. Restoring the basic human rights of food and shelter (UN's UDHR) to the poor might then be possible in another 30-40 years.

I agree- in fact I would like to think that compassionate thinking people agree. Note however: rethugs and corporatist dems want to take away medicare and social security in the first 100 days.

Yes, they distort facts. Did anyone remember that this lout still hasn't released tax returns? Maybe because he does not pay or at least offshores. I actually heard someone say at work that Hillary did something illegal, and maybe he'll surprise us and be good. Huh???Then it was we deserve what we get. I disagree, if we have been living honestly, and did not vote for him, why do we deserve that?

Living in our celebrity obsessed culture we all suffer from the mentality of the lowest common denominators of conscience and intellect.