Home | About | Donate

Slippery Slope Revealed, With DOJ Seeking Data from Dozen Other Phones

Slippery Slope Revealed, With DOJ Seeking Data from Dozen Other Phones

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Contradicting FBI claims that the U.S. government is focused only on a single phone in the landmark privacy case pitting Apple against federal law enforcement, news outlets are reporting Tuesday that the Justice Department is pursuing court orders to force the tech company to help investigators extract data from iPhones in about a dozen undisclosed cases around the country.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As I previously wrote, Mr Comey, why isn't this request in legislation, why only the courts battle.

The answer is obvious, because the FBI would not win the legislative battle, it can only work with partisan judges that do their bidding. Rather like FISA courts.

And once again the government lies about impending terrorist doom ring hollow.

Furthermore, if Apple looses now, it will set a precedent for breaking into the future's quantum level encryption techniques. They aren't far off either.

A biometric encryption off your personal molecular signature with about 10 to the 23rd characters.
Touch the data, you break the data. Something similar will evolve.

The repeated lies of the government spies certainly shows their true colors.
What happened to Obama's offer for open discourse, fully discussed and ratified.
Kinda like his drone deaths.

For once in my life I agree with nancy reagan "Just Say NO"

And sorry Georgy, we ain't finished until we draw our final breath.

I side with Apple on this. It should be as close to technically infeasible to break codes as possible.

'A biometric encryption off your personal molecular signature with about 10 to the 23rd characters.
Touch the data, you break the data. Something similar will evolve.'

This would appear to be the obvious approach. Surely it is not all that difficult to have a self-destruct function that automatically destroyed all data after two failed attempts?

De acuerdo, fascist, imperialist amerika is collapsing, just a question of time! All good for World Peace, to be done with war maker amerika!

For god sakes, the FBI is a conspiring enemy of the nation - just like the NSA. It's just a surveillance turf war between the fascists.

It is somewhat difficult to believe that with all the secret resources at the governments beck and call, it has not been able to accomplish this. We can send someone to the moon but are unable to decipher a mobile phone?