Home | About | Donate

'Slow Moving Coup': Outrage After Trump Quietly Fires State Department Inspector General Friday Night

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/16/slow-moving-coup-outrage-after-trump-quietly-fires-state-department-inspector

3 Likes

“We don’t need no more trouble”. Slow moving straight to hell. Wake up America your country needs you!

4 Likes

He has been watching too many reruns of “the Apprentice”.

This guy would never have won the Presidency were it not for that stupid show and the fake ass message it sent.

3 Likes

“I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo,” said Engel. “Mr. Linick’s firing amid such a probe strongly suggests that this is an unlawful act of retaliation.”
Just more proof that when you join the organized criminals in the Mafiaocracy, any insubordination will not be tolerated.

7 Likes

Checks and balances went out the window with Citizens United. Slow moving coup being orchestrated on the model of a rip tide. Shallow, superficial, light reflecting off the [media] surfaces while the Brbrbrbrbrbrr money printing fed funds surveilance helicopters and other weapons of mass societal destruction. They don’t call it helicopter money for nothing.

5 Likes

Marshall McCluhan (The Medium is the Message) and Noam Chomsky (Manufacturing Consent) nailed it decades ago, to wit, a century ago…

7 Likes

“What’s the point of an inspector general if the folks being inspected can fire him/her at will?” tweeted Cassidy. “Another weakness in the system that Trump has exploited.”

Precisely. It’s just devious or delusional pretense to think any Inspector General is there for anything else besides window-dressing at this point. By now it could not possibly be more clear to all the world that any Inspector General doing “their job” gets fired and replaced with a toady.

Why continue with this “Inspector General” nonsense? We expect objective investigation from someone reporting to the parties investigated? I have a hunch that’s an only-in-America level of mass-stupidity – but other burgeoning fascist prospects like Brazil & Philippines model themselves after us, from continually astonishing sadism at the autocratic heights all the way down to the mass graves.

5 Likes

When, or should I ask, will we hear this IG testify to Congress?

And what if any action will Congress take if corruption is found?

What Pompeo did will pale in comparison to the dump truck loads of money Trump and his cronies pilfered from the economic stimulus.

Remember when they got rid of the guy who was heading up the oversight of where the money was going?

When Trump said without being asked, “I know I didn’t get any”, that’s his toddler brain basically admitting that he and his companies got loads of it! “No mommy, I didn’t eat all the cookies”.

6 Likes

To me, the Coup D’ Etat was orchestrated on 11/22/63, Trump and his fellow fascist thugs are not the symptom…but the inevitable result of that assassination.

8 Likes

Me thinks they are awake and this is what they want. They have had decades to inform us otherwise. Maybe a “final day” sale is in order.
We can’t allow a president who claims he is all powerful to have unchecked run of the country. Especially this one.

5 Likes

Saw the retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters being interviewed by Anderson Cooper.
Peters maintains that if Don loses, he will have to be literally removed from the WH.

2 Likes

Is there a difference between lawful and unlawful retaliation?

2 Likes

Whatever exceptionalism we have is lost in our inability to hold crooks accountable.
Now there are few cops on the beat to do so. Or have they ALL been fired?

2 Likes

Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre has become Trump’s So-Far Bloodless Coup d’etat.

Ya gotta hand it to ‘em. The GOP/Fox/Trump/McConnell/ALEC / Right-wing think tank monolithic choir of "fake news’, “clear the Swamp” , the “Deep State is out to overthrow Trump” works so perfectly well, it is the most convincing conspiracy theory ever conjured up. They have been so successful in spinning this narrative, they now can create the very thing they claim is against them, to a degree never before possible. And if any rational reasonable fact-based proposal manages to pierce their air-tight theory, they fall back on pure faith that Trump is actually “anointed by God”. Honest to God, the “faithful” that believe Trump was anointed by God, is on the rise. This does not bode well for the rest of us disorganized, internecine “progressives”. There is coming a reckoning and it’s gonna be bad, folks.

3 double u .christianpost.com/news/belief-by-church-attendees-that-trump-was-anointed-by-god-on-the-rise-survey.html

2 Likes

Well I know the IGs are toothless but it would be fun to see Secretary of State Potatohead hauled before a House committee.

3 Likes

This clown would never have won the Presidency were it not for our establishment wing of the duopoly, aka the dem party and their own corrupt ineptitude.

3 Likes

Oh agreed there as well. As soon as Bill Clinton introduced Centrism to the Democrats and started going after the Republican voters and those Corporate dollars because “The people on the left have no where else to go anyways” , the Presidency of Trump and his fascism was inevitable.

LOTE voting guaranteed it and the pundits are still out there preaching that meme.

Guys like Bill Maher , who is another clown , joke about the left having no where else to go. He thinks it is funny and worth a laugh from his audience. That sort of clown helped Fascism along.

5 Likes

Do not fall for the media lie that Johnson was behind it. Johnson made a deal with the Devil in 1964 to get his Great Society through, but he was no Kennedy-murdering power mad fascist.
Robert Caro has exonerated Lyndon Baines Johnson.

If there were a genuine conspiracy to take out the Kennedys, the CIA and the Zionists IMHO had more motive than Johnson. And of course the most power-mad president we had in the 20th Century, arguably Richard Milhous Nixon, certainly had the motive and the connections.
What a coincidence Nixon was in Dallas the morning Kennedy flew in, but had safely flown out just as the deed went down.

3 Likes

did Oswald have any sons? We definitely could use someone like that now.

3 Likes

Oh those so called “lone crazed gunmen” never kill Fascists in the USA. They always go after people on the left. I wonder why that is?

4 Likes