Home | About | Donate

Snowden Helped Reduce Surveillance and Strengthen Resistance: Report

Snowden Helped Reduce Surveillance and Strengthen Resistance: Report

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Government surveillance of civilians has declined in large part due to National Security Agency (NSA) whistleblower Edward Snowden's 2013 revelations, according to the latest inspector general audit of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).

It becomes more clear by the day that Obama supports our surveillance state and has done what he could in the last 8 years to broaden and deepen it.
It's no wonder then, that Obama believes that Snowden, Manning and Assange are enemies of the State.
Unfortunately Hillary agrees with him.
That doesn't bode well for the next 4 years.

"Government surveillance has been reduced because of Snowden."

No wonder the fascists want Snowden tried for treason and even hanged!

Snowden is simply attempting to help Obama keep his 2008 campaign promise to be the most transparent POTUS in history.

Sec. 702 authority is simply more proof that no good deed goes unpunished.

Anyone who thinks surveillance has been "reduced" is living in a fantasy world. Props to Snowden no doubt, but the juggernaut of "Total Information Awareness" is still powering ahead, with ongoing technological advances and access to all our "network devices."

Only a truly deep and serious transformation of society and consciousness is going to turn this juggernaut aside.

That's pretty gruesome, but only slightly overstated.

Interesting interview with the other whistle blower, Julian Assange:
'We Believe in What We're Doing'
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-we-believe-in-what-we-re-doing-a-1114774.html#ref=nl-international

In response to the header of the comment section: Trump chumps arent the only people doing this. People from another website called Conservapedia come here to dump on those of us that comment. (To bkswrites: this is why I treated you like a troll at first. It was nothing personal, but now you can understand why I said what I said) I, as well as a few others have worked from time to time keeping trolls off this site with a decent amount of success. Souxrose1/souxrose 11, the same person, was one of them. I've used this site in support of my academics when I was in school mainly because the articles use informal cites. Go to places like the alphabet networks and they dont/refuse to source their lies. This might not be the perfect source for news, but its a damn site better than most mass media crap. Help keep this site clean of trolls and say something back if it is obvious. All you have to do is ask critical questions and the truth comes out almost directly. But whatever the case, everyone realize that this site is a target for chumps.

DC,

When you write that SR was "one of them" referring back to your previous sentence, there are two separate groups referenced in that previous sentence, so it is not grammatically clear whether you mean SR was one of "a few others," or SR was one of the "trolls."

Also you refer to her in the past tense, "was" one of them. i took a few weeks of very limited activity here, and do note her lack of comments now that i'm spending more time here again. Did i miss something?

Yes it was indeed on Alexanderplatz in Berlin, where they were originally displayed on May 1, 2015.
See: http://www.newsweek.com/statues-snowden-assange-and-manning-erected-berlins-alexanderplatz-327961
and
https://www.rt.com/news/255137-manning-assange-snowden-statue/

They are no longer there. I crisscrossed that lively square about six or eight times in August of the same year and your post was the first I heard of these statues.
I have tried to google their whereabouts just now, but was unsuccessful.
I hope that they are well preserved somewhere.
In this site the creation of Snowden's statue is shown in the second video down:
http://bients.com/edward-snowden-julian-assange-chelsea-manning-statues-unveiled-berlin/

Democracy is a path shared by our cousins
Sometimes they are ahead of us, sometimes behind.
Oh for a intelligent Pathfinder in the family.

There has been a marked transition in CD's disposition shall we say
Noticed it myself
I've seen this happen before usually in connection with a visit from the authorities
To be sure our personas are on some pathetic list somewhere
But the recent purging actions do illustrate a defined objective
There are passive listening and active insertion methodologies to operations like Total Information Awareness programs
Sunlight is the best disinfectant

I think SR is a troll. He or she attacked alot of people in this site. Hopefully SR is done, but crap happens. But ultimately, this site is a target for religious fanatics as well as Trump people. Its sad that people that claim to be good hearted or whatever show such destructive behavior. But either way, its out in the open now.

I don't think SR is a troll, I believe she's an older "hippie" woman from the 60's who's into a lot of new age-y "woo-woo", and has swallowed the "Hillary must be the next President because - vagina" meme.

I hope this information will help Snowden in his attempt to find a way to come home without risking serious charges against him and a draconian sentence. One of my greatest disappointments in Obama has been the way his administration has gone after whistle blowers. Snowden did a great service to this country by the information he released. I find it unconscionable that he, rather than those who illegally spied on others, is the one facing punishment.

Could be. She seems to attack everyone that doesnt agree, which is a sign of trolling. But like televised presidential debate statements, its not a fact. Its my opinion. :slight_smile: