Home | About | Donate

So-Called "Limited" Nuclear War Would Actually Be Very Bad and Kill Tens of Millions, Warns New Report

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/17/so-called-limited-nuclear-war-would-actually-be-very-bad-and-kill-tens-millions

1 Like

Anyone who thinks “limited” nuclear war is an option is insane and suicidal and they need to be treated as such. Anyone who makes excuses for those creatures is also insane and suicidal and need to be taken out of circulation ASAP

20 Likes

Once was more than enough.

13 Likes

This report is, as usual, focused on the toll on homo sap. Nothing is said about the billions of other creatures that would be affected in some way, from soil bacteria to trees to other animals. I don’t know if we can put this particular genie back in the bottle. But we can seal it up in a box so no human can ever use it.

17 Likes

No such thing as a “limited nuclear war”. Explosion of nuclear devices, like the destruction of nuclear facilities, is by definition a global concern. There is no way to safely confine nuclear radiation for any length of time or make it inert.

12 Likes

We urgently need sensible action like starting an anti-war movement to eliminate ALL war. Where is the spirit of the 60’s…

13 Likes

May I just say… NO SH**…

5 Likes

Yes. The “ban the bomb” team.

3 Likes

Trump: " what good are nuclear weapons if we do not use them" ? Yep, insane and suicidal!

11 Likes

It is a sure thing that Sam Nunn and Richard Lugar deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, our everlasting thanks and gratitude for gathering the former soviet unions nuclear weapons into secured.

Otherwise, the above photo might just have been your city.

Cruise missles coming in at 200 feet above the water are not detectable. We have known this since the 1950’s with B52’s attacking from very low altitudes.

4 Likes

There won’t be tens of millions dead, there will be hundreds of millions dead. The whole idea is to reduce any country which is attacked to a wasteland. That is the intentional terror of nuclear weapons.
I doubt even the people who have made plans to survive will be able to live for decades or centuries in their bunkers. Once nuclear war begins, there will be no human future.

9 Likes

I read the book, “Hiroshima,” by John Hersey, and it tells of the Japanese people at the moment when the implosion begins ---- and also tells of the effects afterward. I read this a long time ago, but the pictures stay i my mind.
One is where a person looks up to the sky, and their eyeballs are melted. Another tells of people on fire rushing to the water. A man puts his hand out to help another from the water into the boat, and as the man in the boat pulls the man in the water-----the skin on the man’s hand comes off like a glove. In another place, the person is gone, but the shape of what once was a person is burned into the wall. Women wearing Kimonos have the design of the fabric burned into their skin-------we need to see the films of this.
The military has them I have heard, but doesn’t want anyone to see the footage.
America is the first nation able to totally melt humans from other nations—and now other nations have joined this ridiculous game of power playing------and an entire planet is one button away from death by one crazy military person.
Mr Pompous, as you wear your style of religion on your sleeve------some think that when Jerusalem falls that Jesus is coming back—so Mr. Pompus and friends---- if you nuke–no one anywhere, any time is coming back and that includes your Nuclear Jesus!

7 Likes

I doubt that this information will have any impact on the engineers and scientists, presently working on the development of ‘usable’ nuclear weapons at Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, etc. (https://www.icanw.org/action/these-28-companies-are-building-nuclear-weapons/).

‘If you have a hammer everything looks like a nail’ - Source?

Trump has a big ‘usable’ hammer

5 Likes

Contrary to popular opinion, it turns out nuclear war isn’t such a great idea. Who knew?

NEXT:

• Most prefer not getting poked in the eye to getting poked in the eye.
  • Raising food on a desert planet may pose difficulties.
  • Warning: coffee is hot.
7 Likes

Hi Steve_Fernandez;
Low yield warheads------oh geez. can we test it on Trump first? And if he’s busy, what’s Bolton doing?

3 Likes

I read similar stories on the bombing of Japan. They never told us what happened to those people. Nor the fact that the Japanese were maybe
Two weeks from total surrender. Nor the fact that the US did this to civilians. Most everything our teachers told us was a lie.

8 Likes

Hi Shelby:
Yes, there were lots of lies in school, especially in U.S. History —and that is why I dearly love Howard Zinn and others who tell the truth about wars, nations, and governments. : )

5 Likes

I read those things too and would wish any nuclear device detonated would land on my head. Monty Python have just celebrated their 50th anniversary. Perhaps they could do a sequel to “life of brian”: “life of nuclear jesus”.

2 Likes

Hi wingsofadove!
That is an excellent idea!

1 Like

And not just content with one city.