Home | About | Donate

"So-Called ‪'Peace Deal' Is Anything But": Critics Warn US-Taliban Deal Exposes Fallacies of Endless War Paradigm

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/02/29/so-called-peace-deal-anything-critics-warn-us-taliban-deal-exposes-fallacies-endless

1 Like

“All We Are Saying Is Give Peace a Chance”.

Ain’t Gonna Happen under this Administration or Under any Democratic Administration Unless of course it is a Sanders Administration.

The Congress and the Military Industrial Complex will not allow a Withdrawal of our Troops from any part of the World.

We need to keep Killing and Bombing people into Oblivion so we can keep Manufacturing Deadly Arms.

In case no one has noticed, we Americans are a dangerous breed of people, who among us would like to have a Battalion of Soldiers dressed in Star Wars outfits parading around your town, kicking down doors and Killing Innocent Civilians when they feel it is necessary?

Trump needed a Talking Point for his re-election campaign, even though the War in Afghanistan has not really ended he will boast that he did end it.

Obama was too frightened of his own Generals to end any skirmish we are involved in and actually increased our presence in the Middle East and Elsewhere.

If we want a serious end to Endless Wars Vote For:

BERNIE SANDERS - 2020

6 Likes

After Trump destroyed America’s diplomatic negotiating credibility through the pullout of the US from the multinational Paris Climate Accords and the multinational Iran nuclear deal — now they “make a deal” with a rogue, violent non-nation entity. Seriously? WTF America?

Baby Trump so wants a Nobel Peace Prize because, you know, Obama has one, and Trump will do anything to claim he’s the most deserving of anyone.

5 Likes

Trump’s “deal” is nothing more that a written down “hope” that the Taliban won’t kick our (i.e. “his”) ass on the way out the door.

When you’re such a huge ass, you’re irresistible as a target. I doubt the Taliban can resist.

3 Likes

2009, we upped our soldier count in afghan to 30,000
Sent there for a ‘surge’ sold to new president Obama by a gaggle of idiot east coast military.
In 2018, over 16,000 afghan army and police were killed by taliban.

To Rep. Lee:
We have already rebuilt afghan about four times. We build a school - they blow it up. And over half the loot we sent made it to Dubai. Why not admit that it is Paki’s sending up their wild hair teens into afghan as taliban rifle boys?

2 Likes

Barbara Lee gets it, she’s a righteous lady, I’m proud to have her as my representative in Congress.

4 Likes

Gee, we haven’t seen this ever before have we? lol
I mean funding terrorist groups, providing them with arms, training said terrorists, THEN, fight with same funded and armed terrorists that are well trained. No one would ever do such a stupid thing would they? So we get to pay to support terrorists then pay & die fighting them with ‘patriotism’? Have i gotten something wrong? Sweet Jesus! Just a bad dream i guess.

5 Likes

Bull shit, not much building but a lot of stealing by American contractors. Go read about it on the net. The Afghans are so uncertain of their own future that they feel they must take whatever crumbs they can from american crooked contractors. US soldiers steal, US commanders of all ranks steal it’s not just the Afghans. There needs to be severe punishment for bribery and theft if one wishes to improve Afghanistan’s situation for better.

3 Likes

You’ve got the game by the balls my deeper friend. How else is the Pentagon and all other US parasitic governmental agencies going to justify the theft of taxpayer dollers. We have created unfathomable gigantos budget deficit, it’ll take American workers generations to pay it off

2 Likes

Yes, I knew this and know it. One american commander in afghan (summer 2009) had a 70 person PR staff. Currently and for the past few years, our army is damaged. Needs three years of actual peace to retrain, rebuild morale and equipment. Suggest you listen carefully to our veterans and not the handout of B.S. from DC… The west point curriculum needs a complete cleaning. Economics for a few is ok, but not the lead story from there. Appointments are to children of elected officials money raisers. They even walk away long before their four year obligation is completed.

Wanna change the situation?
Draft our soldiers, seamen, airmen, And do not exempt those from gated communities, republicans, and country club hills as we had occur during the Korean war through the viet nam war.

3 Likes

When the us has completely collapsed; when the corporations who brought on that collapse can no longer function, and when blood flows in the streets; when it is unsafe to leave your home in the US and unsafe to stay inside; when there is no clean water for drinking; when chaos reigns supreme; and when hundreds of millions are desperate and will do anything in a war torn society to try and survive; when the people are no longer able to find food and supplies in supermarkets and stores, when all infrastructure has collapsed and industrial agriculture and shipping are but a memory; then there will be peace in Afghanistan; It won’t be long.

6 Likes

No my friend, if the MIC did not have any enemies they would have to manufacture them; and that is exactly what they do! Like all business, without a demand for their products they go bankrupt and bogus enemies are what supply that demand.

4 Likes

While this might be anything but a peace deal to the critics why the hell did the Nobel Peace prize winning President one Barack Obama not end this thing?

2 Likes

“bringing levels down to about where they were when Trump entered office”

And here it is. I was waiting to hear what the truth was behind this wonderful, best deal. It was just to make it appear that Fried Turd had fulfilled a campaign promise.

5 Likes

Good question. Why didn’t Obama prosecute banksters? Why didn’t Obama investigate and prosecute war criminals? Why did Obama carry out extrajudicial murders with the drone program? Those and others. But Obama was a smooth talking diplomat. So we seem to think he did more good than he actually did. Some things even caused irreparable harm. See above questions. It seems all you need to be a great president is not be a psychopathic lunatic.

7 Likes

yeah, but lots of money got made in that slaughterhouse, so hey, it’s a Win for Wall St! ™.

i’m sure we’ll happily supply a taliban “air force” for a modest fee in the coming years.

4 Likes

“If you are not part of the solution you can make lots of dough prolonging the problem” - military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) mantra.

I was surprised that Trump didn’t wear a flight jacket, jump into a jet fighter cockpit and declare “mission accomplished” like Dubya did during the first fake end to the Afghan occupation. Then I realized that if Trump jumped int a fighter cockpit he would be stuck in it.

4 Likes

And if they don’t have the money, there is always American tax dollars given freely as long as they come back as “donations” to the MIC.

It happens all of the time, and it is not like we need them here at home.

2 Likes

And trying to get out he hits the pilot eject mechanism? That would just prove that “Pigs do fly”.

They just don’t land so well…

3 Likes

Was that flight suit stunt performed at the fake end of the US Imperial assault against Afghanistan or was it performed at the fake end of the US Imperial assault against Iraq?

Maybe ol’ trumpie boy will perform his version of the flight suit stunt at the fake end of the US Imperial assault against Iran.

1 Like