Home | About | Donate

'So, So Cruel': Right Advocates, Biden Campaign Raise Alarm About Immigration Agenda Stephen Miller Is Crafting for Trump's Second Term

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/31/so-so-cruel-right-advocates-biden-campaign-raise-alarm-about-immigration-agenda

3 Likes

There is a difference between Biden and Trump: Biden is corrupt; Trump is corrupt, cruel and evil!

12 Likes

Lets not forget who built the cages and who 1st put children in them. Biden is corrupt , cruel and voting to invade another country is evil.

10 Likes

As stark as the article is, it’s hard to believe people on this site would be trashing Biden or the democrats days before an election unless they are pushing for a trump win. It just doesn’t make any good sense.
We all know of Biden’s shortcomings, why beat the drum incessantly?
We are all aware of third party candidates and what they represent.

7 Likes

Nice set of right-wing talking points.

3 Likes

There is a difference between dumb and dumber. Vote out all the Nazis now!

4 Likes

Stephen Miller is not a “hardline adviser,” Stephen Miller is a NAZI.

12 Likes

And they can’t “end birthright citizenship” with an executive order. It is in the Constitution.

No doubt they plan to ride the inevitable and immediate challenge to their planned unconstitutional executive order all the way to the Supreme Court, where they are confident that their NAZI majority will rule that yes, they can end birthright citizenship with an executive order.

5 Likes

Himmler was a politician competing with Goring to succeed Hitler.
Steve Miller is one evil dude equal to Himmler.
There are over 16 million American military veterans.
I cannot find even one who agrees with Miller’s policies that
Trump has put into place.
As of this mornings quick review of higher quality polls, I do not know how Trump can win

4 Likes

Those are left wing talking points. Biden will give you the right wing talking points.
“No fundamental changes”. Voting for the lesser evil still gives you evil.

7 Likes

…Phk your continuing circular firing squad. You’ve got no one to vote for, so don’t vote…

4 Likes

I agree and just don’t get it. What’s the point? Biden seems quite capable of learning from past mistakes. The other never learned a thing but to inflict pain on those around him. His own parents sent him away because he was a bad seed. Come on, man!

3 Likes

…Both his parents were bad seeds and so it goes…

2 Likes

I vote for people who have my back. it’s not Joe, it’s Howie.

7 Likes

What about this?

Please read, it has little to nothing to do with Trump specifically. But this all important dispute over whether we have the right to limit work related intra-company transfers with visas, a very important dispute in Geneva between India and the US, which neither party has had the guts to speak a word about, may explain some of his otherwise bizarre behavior.

It sure would suck for Dems if he’s allowed to claim “I told you so” in the context of an Indian victory.

It would be a disaster for the middle class globally, like NAFTA for the rest of the jobs, and also for recent immigrants and US permaneht residents.

Huge multinational companies, on the other hands would see their wage costs drop substantially because everybody would be competing against one another for the same jobs. Wages in the developed countries might drop faster than anybody ever imagined because of the large levels of indebtedness where even a small decline in income means a large number of loan defaults. It might make the 2008 crisis look like nothing. It’s impossible to tell but the loss of so many jobs to outsourcing, as predicted by Blinder and the Harvard replication study, cant be good… (20-45%? Maybe more because Blinder left out public services ad quasi public services (like teaching, nursing, and construction/engineering on public projects, like infrastructure, which might in actuality be impacted heavily because thats what GATS targets - the dispute is about GATS specifically) Also, the WTO AGP/GPA deal on public procurement, similar issues may apply. Also impacting a lot of nonwhite and female professionals.

These deals might have put millions of US workers in grave danger, and their rapid implementation, decades after their signing might well the rug out from under lots of people currently working in many communities best jobs, thrusting a great many US workers who never expected to have to look for work again into the global precariat where they are at a huge disadvantage because of our higher US costs of living…

tps://www.ru.nl/law/research/radboud-economic-law-conference/radboud-economic-law-blog/2017/breaking-rules-prevent-rule-breaking-gats-service/

10 Likes

Thank you, it takes more than a superficial analysis on these issues. It is far more involved than just playing the racism card.

1 Like

These media reports are leaving out a critical point. The grand prize these racists are after is repealing birthright citizenship, not only for the children of recent immigrants, but going back to the passage of the 14th amendment. This has been in their literature and at their rallies for decades. The action part of this agenda would be something like the Nuremberg Laws.

2 Likes

At some point, this “trend” will be turned on US citizens, and what was once a mechanism for keeping certain groups out will be reversed to keep “pure” Americans in. Better get your passports ready now, kids.

4 Likes

If you are interested in this situation, and we all should be, it has quite a history behind nit. It is perfectly reasonable to seriously question the legitimacy and even legality of doing this behind not only ours but the entire world’s back. Its as if a very real coup was being used to get rid of democracy, in fact it certainly seems to me to be understood as such by those involved in it!

Read up on its history. Its my understanding that it goes much further back than the Punta Del Este meeting in fall 1986, but I have had trouble finding more than just a few peoples writing about that period.

My site has a keyword, “GATS’ history” start there.

There are a bunch of books on the history of these deals,

Also big, expensive legal books.

If you have access to a university library go there and read them, its an eye opener how much of what we think is ours to govern is bound by them, those kinds of international law books are expensive but sometimes they show up on the used book market. I have a list of them I periodically look for.

BTW, I am not anything more than a shocked citizen who wishes I could not have to worry about this just liken the rest of us.

But its there and we ignore it at our very great peril. And I guarantee to you that both Dems and GOP people would both feel the same way. That’s the dark secret, we’re all getting majorly screwed by these deals. And nobody in their right mind would ever have voted for them. Nobody.

5 Likes

This is just cover for your anti-humanism, and puts you on the same team as NAZIs like Miller.

The USA is not crumbling because of “carrying capacity.” The USA is crumbling because traitors in both parties’ leadership have imposed neoliberalism and “globalization” on, dis-invested in, and directly undermined US infrastructure, the US economy, and US workers for more than four decades now.

Attacking immigration as you do, does zero to address the traitorous corruption and anti-US behaviors of these “leaders” who sold us all out. Closing the borders will do NOTHING to restore integrity and democracy to US politics. In fact, it plays along with NAZIs like Stephen Miller.

And there is no ecological border. “Keeping out the hordes” will do zero, absolute zero, to protect or maintain the USA. We need humanity, solidarity, and freedom for all peoples of the Earth, to bring us together to face the clear need to completely restructure the economy, industry, agriculture, and wealth, to address the ecological crisis together.

14 Likes