Home | About | Donate

Somalia and Canada Mourn Journalist Killed in Attack on Somali Hotel Friday

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/13/somalia-and-canada-mourn-journalist-killed-attack-somali-hotel-friday

1 Like

Add to this awful event, two Americans™ were also listed among the dead including one Brit, three Kenyans and three Tanzanians all this carnage in response to the 97 US airstrikes in Somalia since 2018. Are we winning yet?

2 Likes

The only ones winning are the war profiteers like Dick Cheney’s Halliburton, Lockheed-Martin, Raytheon and other arms dealers, and the Pentagon with their vast military budget. Lots of money to be made bombing the shit out of all these countries, especially if we take their oil.

2 Likes

And along with that oil thing you mentioned, we also steal their land, water resources, minerals and simultaneously exploit their citizens for cheap labor while supporting a US funded brutal militarized regime backed by another US military outpost. The list of war profiteers is long indeed and not just limited to the Pentagon.

1 Like

And dont forget dumping chemical waste off their shorelines.

1 Like

Yes, that too. And using 25% of the global supply of toilet paper really tells you something.

The problems are not all being caused by the evil west. That has become a cop out and misdirection. When will the world hold the local peoples accountable for causing their home grown violence, rape culture, garbage, and the human waste they have dumped into their very own environment.
The global food relief industry is feeding and fueling the problem and reaping billions of dollars while using very polluting ocean vessel, aircraft and trucks that cause climate change.
Half, of the relief food is stolen and feeds terrorist and militias or resold by local crooks.
When a species destroys its environment it is by design meant to shrink to a supportable size and decline in numbers.
Want to save the planet and its species, stop supporting the over population of humans by airdropping food into areas that cannot support human life and let nature bring humanity into a sustainable balance and population.

1 Like

Oh but that is only the half of it. We are the ones to contract out the rebuilding as well, after blowing everything up. Analogy: I am going rob your bank. I will not be charged with a crime. Instead the bank and it’s owners will be cutting a check for me every month for decades.
And to top that, I am allowed to rob as many other banks as I want, and not be charged. Instead a monthly check in the mail for each bank (war I start) I rob.

1 Like

BWHAhAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA One less terrorist done in by her own.