Home | About | Donate

Some Banal Thoughts About the Mutuality of Evil in our Midst

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/06/some-banal-thoughts-about-mutuality-evil-our-midst

1 Like

The big question, where do we turn?
The “opposition Party” helped rig the system, to thwart any outside parties gaining traction with the people. They wont start impeachment proceedings, it wont remove Trump, but could keep him and his staff very busy until election time, as well as expose his dirty laundry to anyone who still has doubts. And the party itself still supports a neoliberal candidate, who will almost certainly lose to Trump in 2020 and they know it.
From all angles, there’s no where to turn to end this.
Peaceful protest, sure we could try that, but remember the Occupy camps, how did that end under a dem president?
General Strike? Maybe.

1 Like

General strike? Without a doubt.

1 Like

In a country where an employee of the state must sign a commitment to never support BDS against the Israeli Empire, those of us who are aware and educated to the issues of protracted verbalization and demonstration of hate must act very soon. I am seriously worried about the demise of the oosa.

OTOH I do see some signs of protest in the RED FOR ED and other organized programs fighting for our lives. It is definite that tomorrow I will pin up my oosa upside down flag painted in bold black. SAY NO TO HATE. The kids are back in school and will see it even if the adults do not.

1 Like

I had previously thought that comparing Trump to Hitler was an exaggeration but it isn’t so much that the two leaders are alike, it is their followers who are alike; people thirsting to be affirmed in their racism and looking for redress for being criticized. Every time Trump appears he takes his cues from the crowd and gives them what they want to hear. This becomes more and more dangerous. It is a sick relationship.