Home | About | Donate

Sorry, Critics Tell Warren, Greening US Empire's "Powerful War Machine" No Answer to Climate Crisis

Sorry, Critics Tell Warren, Greening US Empire's "Powerful War Machine" No Answer to Climate Crisis

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Anti-war critics are responding to Sen. Elizabeth Warren's new climate "resiliency and readiness" proposal to reform the U.S. military with warnings that trying to "green" the Pentagon without addressing the destructive impacts of its bloated budget and American imperialism is a misguided way to combat the emergency of global warming.

3 Likes

This is why Warren—who might make a very good chair of the Federal Reserve or Commerce Secretary—shouldn’t be considered for president.

7 Likes

In essence Warren advocates for a Killing Machine that is environmentally friendly and suggests this is reform?

Dismantle the Killing machine and you will not need legislation to make them “Carbon neutral”.

7 Likes

Why Elizabeth continues to fool so many people is just beyond me! Why in the world would any progressive support the woman that supported Hillary?

4 Likes

It’s her way of reaching across the aisle , she won’t go on Fox , so this is her way of comforting Republicans.

1 Like

I like Warren’s policy ideas in many areas and she connects with people on a personal level, but climate change and probably foreign policy too are not her forte. The best way to “green” the military is by cutting it way down to size.

2 Likes

In the end, every Democrat is revealed as Pentagon Puppet. Some, like Liz, don’t make us wait, they are obvious now.

4 Likes

Been saying since the beginning of this that I’d really like to see her in Bernie’s administration but at the same time, she’d be a tremendous loss to the Senate

1 Like

Cutting it way down to size. And since CLimate Crisis is a Clear and Present Danger, we should start by using the Military budget to mitigate it.

3 Likes

Good point! I was a strong Bernie supporter in 2016 and was hoping Warren would back him… and what did she do? She, in a way, gave us Trump. From then on I followed her non achievements by proposing ideas that never happened. She never followed thru on anything. I blame Warren for not doing the right thing. She and Bernie could have won the election. Instead, she waited silently until HRC Became the darling. Then Lizzie jumped on board.

4 Likes

The Senator from Raytheon outs herself.

6 Likes

Lizzy has not even tried to shut one oil or coal plant down, and she’s after the MIC to go Green?

4 Likes

Well, it looks like she will be ok with war–green (absurd) or otherwise-- if elected.

2 Likes

If anything, this profligate capitalist Empire does not mind wasting the lives and limb of our youth and taxes the IRS garnishes to pay for wars to enrich the corporate predators. So, “greening” the military is an absurd idea, no? It requires a very different outlook.

1 Like

I like Liz but her new suggestions are troubling.

She was once an admitted Republican.

Do you think the Leopard cannot change its spots? MMMMM

Bernie Do Not give up, Biden is a Republican and his Right Wing Policies will be exposed and you will be the front runner once again.

1 Like

Well, except the only Presidential candidate who is currently serving in the military. It’s ironic, isn’t it?

4 Likes

I knew several things about Warren before this.

1. She is a half measures kind of gal. Let’s not nationalize the banks or even break them up, let’s not regulate Wall Street- let’s just create an agency to investigate complaints of violations of existing law. Yep, that will fix the problems —NOT ONE BIT.

2. She is a coward. A freaking, huge, coward, with no guts to stand up to the Clinton machine when it could have made a difference. She has shown she is a coward again with her fear of going on FOX News, unlike the brave Bernie and Tulsi.

3. She is a pompous lecturer who is like the school marm you get tired of always scolding you. She has a penchant for taking other people’s bold ideas and stealing them and then watering them down and then lecturing everybody about how she has ideas! For some reason the media then repeats this nonsense over and over, making many think the woman who steals ideas and waters them down is the one with bold ideas. ::rolls eyes::

4. She is a Capitalist, a proud Capitalist.

5. She is a freakin’ liar. Trump’s insulting name for her is a terrible insult to all Indgenous Peoples. But the reality is that she didn’t claim she had an ancestor who was native, she claimed to be native and use it to advance her career and even submitted recipes to a cookbook of native recipes- one she got from a cookbook. Hey, I have a native ancestress six generations back. I’ve always know that doesn’t make me native. Hers is even further back than mine. What kind of person then claims that heritage?

But now I know something else.

SHE’S A FREAKIN’ PIECE OF >bleep<!!!

3 Likes

I’d still take her over Joe Biden and Kamala Harris but I get your point. This is why when it comes to women politicians Tulsi Gabbard is my favorite by far. She is practically the only anti-war voice in the Dem party, and that includes the previously mentioned people and even Bernie.

4 Likes

Perhaps but I always like to think that the people most against wars are the ones who have to fight in them.

3 Likes

I like you’re support of Tulsi.

But as far as taking Warren over Harris or Biden?

Well, I’d prefer a punch in the gut to one in the throat, I guess.

I’d prefer being shot with a 22 then a magnum 45.

4 Likes