Home | About | Donate

South Koreans Greet 'Warmongering Trump' With Clear Message: 'Shut Up, Get Out'

well, isn’t it good to know that people of south korea have the courage to stand up to the wannabe tinpot dictator maddonald…
the japanese and chinese governments could take note ------ or are they so lost to greed and locked into the myth of the might of the yummericans and trump? cynicism in politics is endured in these times - and the citizens of japan and china are getting a shovelful from their political rulers.

i applaud the people of south korea - their courage and decency is in direct contrast to the disgusting displays of fawning by the politicians of practically every country that trump visits.

perhaps the good citizens of u.s.a. could step up their demonstrations rejecting trump as human, let alone ruler.

yes - ruler. rulers control, influence and regulate.
and we pay them. politicians are incipient/wannabe rulers.

oh wish

well, isn’t it good to know that people of south korea have the courage to stand up to the wannabe tinpot dictator maddonald…
the japanese and chinese governments could take note ------ or are they so lost to greed and locked into the myth of the might of the yummericans and trump? cynicism in politics is endured in these times - and the citizens of japan and china are getting a shovelful from their political rulers.

i applaud the people of south korea - their courage and decency is in direct contrast to the disgusting displays of fawning by the politicians of practically every country that trump visits.
good for the u.k.

1 Like

Forgotten Wars, Forgotten Warriors

Korea, they say, was not a war.
It was a “Police Action.”
Which would you rather die as?
A “policeman,” or a soldier?

Or would you perhaps rather live?

At least Korea had a reason,
Flawed, of course, but a reason.
Most of the world pitched in to fight
On one side or the other.

How many died before it finally burned out?

Vietnam was an accident, turned into a war.
A people who fought for their independence.
A millennium against the Chinese,
A century against the French.

Thousands died, were tortured, jailed.

Overrun by Japan, they fought for freedom.
At war’s end, they were given back to France,
So again they had to fight;
At Dien Bien Phu, they won.

The time of rejoicing was short.

Like Korea, the country was divided up.
The Western Nations made the decision.
South Vietnam to be “ours”
North Vietnam to be “theirs.”

No one asked the People of their desires.

Once more the Vietnamese had to fight
To expel the foreign occupiers,
Remove their puppet governments,
Reaffirm their independence.

Does hubris come with power, or vice versa?

Advisors were sent in
To help build the ARVN army.
Then to fight with the ARVN;
Finally to die with the ARVN.

Would you rather be No. 1, or No. 58,178?

Rulers were changed as the war went on.
The key is, the war went on.
The Phoenix burned on its pyre
Hatching new warriors for the cause.

For every village that dies, avengers arise.

A new Pearl Harbor was needed,
To fully unleash the dogs of war.
Tonkin Gulf was the catalyst,
A Black Op by the USA.

B-52’s can destroy property, but not ideas.

We carpet bombed the north,
Poisoned the land with Orange and Purple.
Our troops were collateral damage,
Not to be recognized for years.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

As the years rolled on,
We found it impossible to tell
Friend from foe, in a country that
Simply wanted us out!

Strange that all peoples resist occupation.

Finally, the last helicopters left Embassy Row
Saigon became Ho Chi Minh City
And we had learned a hard lesson,
Now engraved upon a wall.

Only vets learn the real lesson of war.

Thirty years later,
Another “Pearl Harbor,”
Another pair of wars,
The foundation poured for yet another Wall.

They who dodged ‘Nam start a new war.

Read the above poem again
Make the place names Afghan, Iraqi, Yemeni.
Substitute DU for Agent Orange
Government denial is still there

We don’t count their dead, or show ours.

Now, in the Pentagon, the plans are made
At Bush/Cheney’s desperate urging.
We, or Israel (with our backing)
Are next to nuke Iran!

And thus unleash the final holocaust.

Russia, China, and others, no doubt,
Will retaliate with nukes of their own.
In time, not long, there will be few left
To count our dead, or remember.

The Nuclear Dragon will have eaten us all.

How long will it be before We the People
Break the wheel of death?
How many more thousands, or millions, to die
To be maimed, poisoned?

What happened to our Constitution?

Once upon a time we defended!
We fought for freedom, democracy,
Not oil and Empire…once upon a time.
We don’t need Roman Legions.

Let us remember our dead, not create more.

Stephen M. Osborn
19 December 2006

And look at the mess we have now, a decade later.
*Several more endless wars, invading Africa for corporate profit, threatening N Korea yet again. Challenging China and Russia, who have nuclear arsenals.
*And all of it run by a mad Dictator and his toady henchmen, while We the People can starve, lose our homes and live in the street, watch our children die with no affordable medical care, while the Oligarchy waxes fat with yet more billions or trillions taken from us.
*Apparently, the Spirit of 1776 is long dead and buried, while We the People just go along to get along…
Sigh.
;-})

2 Likes

Absolutely fantabulous! I wonder if you could get one senator and one rep (at least) to read your poem into the Record.

1 Like

Maybe we’re not as conflicted over war: I think a vast majority doesn’t want perpetual war, much less nuclear war. They just have to speak out.

1 Like

I was thinking exactly the same thing while I was watching the T speech in Korea last night.

1 Like

Thank you, Toni.
Here is a link to one of my articles which Global Research dot ca published around the same time.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/nuclear-bunker-buster-bombs-againt-iran-this-way-lies-madness/2093
*Nothing much seems to have changed, does it. Then Congressman, Barbara Boxer, read my paper “There Must be No Day on the floor of the House on Hiroshima Day 1984. They weren’t listening then, either. If I still have it, I’ll put it in here also.
Here it is. I copied it with html coding a few years ago. We’ll see if it works.

THERE MUST BE NO “DAY”
by
Stephen M. Osborn

Where does one begin, in responding to The Day After? For me, it can have many beginnings. I remember, as a seven or eight year old boy, looking with awe at the Bikini battered ships at the Bremerton Navy Yard. Then, I grew up in the cold war rhetoric of the late- forties and fifties.
*In 1956, as a young navy man, I was at the thermonuclear tests at Bikini, code named Operation Redwing. The first bomb exploded was, we were told, a twenty megaton plus thermonuclear device, to be detonated at an altitude of twenty thousand feet. Our observation point was to be aboard ship at a distance of thirty miles from ground zero. That is a long way; about, as far as the doctor was from Kansas City when the first bomb went off in the movie [The Day After, 1983, TV]. It is not far enough.
*Most of the crew was ranged on deck, wearing blast goggles and facing aft, away from the blast. I was not on deck as there were not enough goggles to go around. Instead, I picked a spot in a passageway, about thirty feet forward of a light well. Any light coming in would have to come from the direction away from the blast, down about a twenty foot well, then penetrate the passageway. I had my back to the well. During the final countdown, I wrapped both arms across my eyes, one over the other. I could hear the voice on the ship’s intercom; 5…4…3…2…1…ZERO.
*Suddenly, I could see light, right through my arms! The heat was intense, as though I had my back to an opened furnace door. The silence was deafening. After what seemed like minutes, but was probably a few seconds, the light began to fade. As it grew dark, I eased one arm away from the other and the light was back, but again fading. When it was gone, I moved my other arm. The light through my clenched eyelids was painful, but it continued to fade and I gradually opened my eyes and began backing toward the light well. As the light continued to decrease, it finally got to the point where I could squint up the light well at the sky. The light was brilliant, the sky an intense blue. I climbed out of the well and peeked forward around the shelter of the conning tower, directly at the cloud and the, now fading, fireball.
*My first impression was of a weird beauty. The cloud was sharply defined, like a thunderhead, and had a fluorescent; amethyst colored glow, which tinged toward a dark red. It is impossible to communicate the scale of the cloud. We were thirty miles away, yet the feeling was similar to when one stands beneath a huge redwood, watching the trunk taper away above you, to be surmounted by a crown of spreading branches far overhead. At thirty miles, it was as though we were right at the base of the cloud looking up, rather than out, at it.
*We stood there in silence, looking at the cloud and quietly commenting on the colors. On the right side, close to the cloud, we could see two bright, stationary lights. They were visible for a short while, then they faded.
*Over two minutes had passed, then the voice on the intercom began the countdown for the shock wave. 5…4…3…2…1…Zero. The pressure wave at that distance was not violent; there was an increase of about one atmosphere, enough to make your ears pop; the sound was a long low rumble lasting about thirty seconds.
*The sun began to rise, lighting the outside of the cloud and overpowering the internal glow. The cloud was identifiable for much of the day, with the. top being slowly torn to rags by the jet stream.
*We steamed back to the atoll, rather sobered by the experience. We were quite curious about the mysterious lights we saw beside the cloud. About a week or so after the shot, I was speaking to one of the scientists that had been aboard. He said they also had been puzzled by the appearance of the lights. They finally concluded that what we saw were two bright stars, essentially as we would have seen them from outer space. Apparently, the heat of the explosion was so great that it literally burned away the atmosphere around the fireball. As soon as the temperature dropped sufficiently, the air collapsed back around the envelope, the starlight was attenuated and they disappeared.
*We spent, if memory serves, about six months at Bikini. Every so often, we would steam out. for a shot. Frequently, we would go out, muster on deck in the pre-dawn, the countdown would proceed, then, “The shot for today has been canceled,” and we would steam back to the anchorage to try again the next morning. This might go on for ten days or more before they would finally set it off…
*Once, the wind shifted after a shot and we were battened below in the stifling heat while the ship tried to run from under the fallout. Personnel that had to go topside were decontaminated and their clothes were taken for disposal. After a couple of days, we headed for Kwajalein, some four hundred miles away, until it was “safe” to return to the atoll.
*Following one, either underwater or surface burst, the cleanup crews told of fish falling out of the coconut palms. The swimming float that had been anchored with huge concrete blocks in the lagoon was found floating at sea. Two of the blocks were found in the middle of the island.
*The final shot of the series found us eighteen miles from ground zero. The heat was incredible; though this was a much smaller bomb, possibly a tactical warhead. The shockwave jolted the whole ship backwards several inches. It felt as though my whole body was struck by a sledge hammer. The sound was one sharp crack, as though a rifle or firecracker was fired off next to my ear.
*After a few days spent dismantling the establishment on Nan Island, Bikini Atoll, we steamed for home.
*In later years, I had nightmares of the bombs going off, where I would be standing, crying, realizing that some SOB had finally pushed the button and it was the end of all things. I would wake up covered with sweat, pulse racing and face wet with tears. Gradually, that dream receded, until I saw the rockets blasting out of their silos in The Day After. I was sitting with my arm around my son’s shoulder. Suddenly, I began to shake and my eyes filled with tears. Each time another took off, it got worse. I knew what was going to happen, I had been there!
*Since the program, it has been continually on my mind. Watching that reptilian Buckley, “Megadeath” Scowcroft and Kissinger sit there, speaking in Orwellian doublethink, explaining that more is less and death is peacekeeping, made me wonder how long these aging, frustrated cowboys are going to be allowed to determine how much youth and innocence is to die for this “ism” or that one, Weisel, Sagan, even McNamara, made sense. This is one fragile green and blue planet.
*Buckley and company brought to mind the lectures we got from some Bircher neighbors, when taking our children trick-or-treating. We shouldn’t trick-or-treat for UNICEF because UNICEF gave milk to “commie babies!”
*There are no “commie babies” or “free world babies.” There are just babies and children and youths and adults, all with their hopes and dreams. The man in the street in Moscow, London, Paris or Athens is no different from the one in New York or in Mill Valley. We are all frightened and we all simply wish to be left in peace. The Russian and the European may want it more, because they have been overrun by war at least twice this century. They know what war on the home front means, something no American has suffered on the mainland since the civil war.
*Every man, woman and child on this planet must let his government and political leaders know that nuclear terror must cease. It is no longer a viable option, if it ever was. The odds of a mistake are far too great and there is no way to retrieve the error, once an attack/counter-attack has been launched.
*By virtue of our alleged intelligence, we have assumed stewardship of this planet and all of the creatures upon it. We have shown great callousness and ignorance in the exploitation of earth’s natural resources, the casual dumping of toxic wastes and the wholesale slaughter of entire species. With wisdom and patience, some of these blunders can be retrieved, but with the development of nuclear technology, we have met our destroyer, one way or the other, if we do not call a halt to it. We cannot dispose of spent fuel and refining waste in a safe manner. The cancer and birth deformation rate has risen enormously since we began using it, there is no defense against nuclear attack or terrorism and there have been few signs of sanity or good judgement among those entrusted to do our thinking for us. Papers discussing an acceptable number of megadeaths in a nuclear exchange are not of strategic value, they are obscene, a visible manifestation of insanity and immorality.
*Mankind has always had a tendency for its technology to outstrip its moral growth, It is time we begin to slow down the technical race and begin to think, not of what is expedient, or will show the greatest short-term profit, but what will benefit the planet and ourselves in the long run. What kind of agriculture will leave the land fertile and productive for a thousand years and more? What processes can be used that will leave only biodegradable wastes? Does society’s existence depend on an endless flow of gadgets and novelties, designed to fall apart almost immediately? Must everything be designed to wear out in two or three years? Is it possible to recycle our mineral resources rather than continually mining more and allowing worn out products to decay, or simply rust in storage? Can’t we produce crops and see that they are distributed, rather than stored to rot? Why don’t we make a major effort to harness and use wind and solar energy for power and make a greater effort to reduce energy needs?
*Let us pledge to make a start by informing all world leaders that nuclear war is out. The people of this planet will take no more of fear and terror!
*Then, with this as a starting point, let us, as stewards of a fragile planet, begin the process of healing and growing, individually and as a species, to the point where all of this will seem an horrible, impossible nightmare. A lesson to be forever remembered, but never repeated. It is up to us.
-30-
1840 words
Note: Read on the floor of the House of Representatives by Barbara Boxer on Hiroshima Day 1984

Sorry to take up so much of your time, but thought these might be of interest.
Steve
;-})

1 Like

Steve, strike while the iron is at warm?? Ride the wave of trump-defeats last night.
Send it!

Toni

Silence Is Assent.

There is no Path to Peace—Peace IS the Path. — Gandhiji

Animals are friends, not food.— Tanmayee

If you really think the economy is more important than the environment,
try holding your breath while you count your money. — Sam the Man

:honeybee::owl::tiger::spider_web::elephant::butterfly::squid::fish::whale:

1 Like

Ok, as if the poem weren’t enough, this essay made me cry. It is heart-wrenching. I’m sending this essay on, too. I think it’s well worth submitting again and again and challenging some congresscreep to grow a little spine and heart. Forget brains. To be elected in most states, a candidate has to have an IQ of 90 or less.

1 Like

Perhaps South Koreans will appreciate the haiku I posted here a few months ago:
    Man with forkéd tongue
    Leads us down a crooked path
    Into DEEP Kim-Chee . . .

1 Like

I did send messages to my Senators and Congressman Larsen. Murray answered with a partial form letter. In reading it, I got a strong taste of Koolaid. By the way, I’m not Ms

Dear Ms. Osborn:
"Thank you for contacting me about the Iran nuclear agreement, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and President Trump’s decision to not certify Iran’s compliance with the deal. I appreciate hearing from you on this crucial decision and have greatly valued the many perspectives and opinions that Washingtonians like you have provided me. My top priority is the safety and security of families in Washington state and around the country.
"The nuclear agreement was implemented on January 16, 2016 by Iran in agreement with the United States, the United Kingdom, China, France, Russia, and Germany, known as the P5 + 1, to ensure that Iran not be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon. The Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act (INARA), which was passed by Congress in 2015, gives Congress the right to review the JCPOA and requires that the president certify every 90 days whether Iran is complying with the deal. Under the INARA, President Trump’s decision not to certify the deal does not by itself remove the United States from the multilateral nuclear deal. It now falls to Congress to determine if sanctions suspended under the terms of the JCPOA will be reinstated, effectively withdrawing the U.S. from the agreement. _
_
"However, the president’s decision not to certify Iran’s compliance is the first step in undermining our nation’s credibility and leadership role on this issue. Since the implementation of the JCPOA in January 2016, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has certified Iran’s compliance with the agreement eight times, including as recently as August 2017. Since assuming office, President Trump himself has completed this certification multiple times, and his own national security advisors have testified before Congress that Iran has not violated the deal. _
_
"As I’ve said before, Iran cannot be trusted, which is why I strongly believe that moving forward with this deal is the best chance we have at a strong diplomatic solution to ensuring Iran cannot develop a nuclear weapon. The Administration has not offered any evidence that Iran is guilty of violating the JCPOA, but states that the deal does not go far enough to address non-nuclear threats posed by the country. I am prepared to talk about strengthening the fight against Iran’s aggressive actions that are not covered by the nuclear deal, which is why I voted in favor of the increased sanctions on Iran that were passed almost unanimously out of Congress in July 2017 and signed into law by President Trump. These sanctions address Iran’s testing of ballistic missiles, support for terrorism, human rights abuses, and other malign activities that President Trump has pointed to as a reason for withdrawing from the nuclear deal, and yet he has failed to begin their implementation. [My emphasis]
"I believe that rejecting this deal will weaken our position to negotiate with Iran in the future, limit our ability to verify their nuclear activity, and put Iran right back on the path to developing a nuclear weapon. I have heard many concerns from our European allies who state that they will not join the U.S. in leaving the deal or participate in renegotiations, which could have lasting effects on our global diplomatic relationships. Tearing up the JCPOA now, with no evidence and without the support of our allies, won’t help us in addressing any of the threats that Iran poses._ [My emphasis]
_
"There are no more momentous decisions that a President faces than those involving war, peace, and the safety and security of our families, our servicemembers, our allies, and our nation. I strongly believe that when it comes to these issues one must cut through the politics, push aside partisanship, and make the best possible decision with the information available. The decision to join the JCPOA was not made lightly, and it is vital that any decision which affects our continued role be taken just as seriously. _
*"Please know that I greatly value and appreciate your opinion. If you would like to know more about my work in the Senate, feel free to sign up for legislative updates at http://murray.senate.gov/updates/."
*Sincerely,
*Patty Murray
United States Senator

*My message to her also pointed out that Iran has not started a war or invaded anyone for centuries, though they are pretty good at defending themselves when attacked. Iran has a religious Fatwa forbidding Iran to have anything to do with nuclear weaponry. Iran is trying to get a nuclear ban throughout the ME.
*The so called threat to Israel was a mistranslation of the UN speech, where the speaker said that Israel, someday, would fade into the mists of time and be forgotten. To Netanyahu, that was a threat to destroy Israel.
*What the US Fourth Reich considers threats and terrorist activities is Iran’s helping of their friends and neighbors who are desperately trying to rid themselves of foreign occupation and control. That makes them terrorists? The Reich flies thousands of miles to deliver thousands of tons of weapons, ammo and palate loads of cash to anyone that will support its occupation and removal of natural resources it wants. Anyone that resists this is a “terrorist.” Anyone that supplies them with any aid is a “terrorist.” That is the blackmail held over the head of any small nation that dares to object.
*If some hugely powerful country were to invade this country, take over the government, give us rules to live by, telling us what to believe, and began killing those who object to this, blowing up towns and villages, kidnapping citizens to be tortured in black sites, or to just be disappeared, there would be millions of Americans making and planting IED’s, sniping at the conquerors, and sabotaging whatever they could to get the foreigners out of this country.
*We would call them Freedom Fighters. The enemy would call them terrorists and kill them and their families if they could be droned or dug out.
*Unfortunately, this country has morphed into the most powerful terrorist organization the world has ever seen. We are at war with almost every small country that has resisted us. Their Freedom Fighters keep fighting us just as the Vietnamese did.
*However, the price for these endless wars is bourne by We the People, and most of it is turned into endless wealth for the Oligarchy and the war manufacturers, and less freedom for We the People.
*I have to remember that our two Senators are “Senators from Boeing,” which makes huge profits from weapons of war and destruction, in addition to making airliners. They and Congressman Larsen are hardly likely to rock the boat.
*Sorry to be such a loudmouth this morning, but I was born in the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America, before WW-II.
*I’m in my eighties and I hate the idea of dying in the Empire of the Fourth Reich for the enrichment and power lust for the handful of the Oligarchy that has bought the government and wants to use it to conquer the world. I would like to die in the United States of America with its Constitution alive and well in the Halls of Government, where We the People would rule and guide this nation.
;-})

2 Likes

Hi Toni,
*Yes, if any of this will be of help, feel free to use it or forward it.
*Steve
;-})

I suppose this makes him more dangerous as he is likely to get chummy with the world’s other most abhored leaders. Birds of a feather…
They will be a group of narcissistic, resentful, immature individuals. The fact that we elected this guy reflects so poorly on us. He is not a person to be reasoned with. He needs to be handled with kid gloves or he could do much harm, on purpose.

Minitrue, thanks for your wonderful post. I read your Senator’s letter carefully to see if it just played the typical party politics but I was happy to see that she seems to be above that, at least in this case. I will be seventy in January and hope to live long enough to see our country turn away from the violence we have perpetrated that is supposedly to ‘protect our interests’ and never mind the death and destruction it causes to anyone else’s interests. I would like to live long enough to see this people of this country stop proclaiming our superiority and admit that we have not been a force for good in this world in many years, if ever. And I would like to live long enough to see that the tide has turned away from the idiocy of allowing pretty much every American to have his or her own personal arsenal of weapons of mass destruction. And I would like to live long enough to see us be thoughtful enough to acknowledge the ongoing damage that slavery brought to our black fellow Americans and Native Americans and make apologies and reparations to them instead of self-serving denials. But I am not hopeful as we have been taught to feel superior by virtue of merely being American when our real virtue is that so many Americans personally have big hearts and are open and generous as I can tell you are.

1 Like

Here is another war poem, which I wrote. Must have been channeling my brother who died in January.

Sorrow

If all the waving of our flag rose up in mighty winds
That whirled us round and round
So we could not tell
Which way was up and which was down,
We’d blow about the earth
Taking root in land that is not our own
An invasive weed that kills the native species
So we can plant our flags.

If all the cheers of misplaced pride rose up at once
We would not be able to hear ourselves
Or others who prefer the silence
Drowned out by shysters whose fortunes rise
As truth fades to a whisper and disappears.
And If all the greed in grasping hearts rose up in flames
And burned away the victims
Who would be left to do their bidding
And envy them their riches?

If all the tears shed for lives cut short by war
Rose up in clouds that drenched the earth
And pooled in seas of sorrow
Refilled daily by the grief that doesn’t go away.
That ocean would rise up in angry waves
To punish the ignorance and pride
That cherished our false interests
And threw away those lives.

1 Like

Thank you, Marthaorne. Beautiful and heartfelt. I’m sorry you lost your brother, but I have noticed that, at our age, the woods keep getting thinner. Love those who are with us, and cherish the memories of those who have passed.
*Considering the date, I will offer one more poem. It is an acrostic verse.

Remembrance Day

Now is the day that we remember
Our dead, the wars, each falling ember.
Veterans, Poppy clad, march in sadness and pride,
Ever mindful of the dwindling companies they once marched beside.
Men, long turned grey, who remember the youth and strength
Bourne by them into war, adventure, endless length,
Ever yearning, at last, for home, for hearth, for peace.
Remembering all their lives the horrors that wars release.

Eleven, eleven, the day the guns fell still,
Leaving only the stench of gas, and bodies, and graves to fill.
Eleven, eleven and the “War to end all wars,” had ceased.
Vengeance and madness! Again the dogs of war unleashed!
Ever rending a new generation to feed their maw.
Now, war follows war, each more cruel, more raw,
Tears the fabric of life, slays man, woman, child; death in the rough.
Heaven itself must cry in pain, “For the love of God! Enough! Enough!”
Steve Osborn
For Remembrance Day 2008
© Stephen M. Osborn 11/11/2008

And so cry I.
*On Saturday, the eleventh, at eleven AM, I shall have eleven minutes of silence, meditation and prayer, for Peace, and an end to this madness.
*Please join me, in spirit.
;-})

Steve, thank you for your beautiful poem. As you wrote, one follows another so quickly we have become inured to them. Something is very wrong. My brother saw it from a very early age. When he got a low number for Vietnam, he told the examiners to go f themselves. He wasn’t going to kill people who had not harmed us in any way. For some reason they just let him go, probably figuring he would be way more trouble than he was worth, and he would have been. It took me quite a while to understand how right he was. My peace vigil friends and I truly miss him. His anger was deep and real and he was our teacher. The other side of his anger was great humor. I will join you on Saturday! Jackie Cleary

1 Like

Thank you Jackie. Perhaps others will read and join us.
Love and Hugs,
Steve and Adrienne
;-})