Home | About | Donate

Southern Communities Brace for the Impact of Big Oil's Expansion Plans

Southern Communities Brace for the Impact of Big Oil's Expansion Plans

Sue Sturgis

President Donald Trump kicked off this week with a Monday morning tweet hailing — and seeming to wrongly take credit for — Exxon Mobil's plan for a $20 billion expansion of its refineries, chemical plants and liquefied natural gas operations along the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Spread the Word. Boycott ExxonMobil.

I for one haven't pulled into an Exxon station since the 80's just before the Exxon-Valdez disaster.

And boycott MSM ----see my post following article by Mary Anne Hitt, Bruce Nilles-----Pathway to Paris (didn't want to cross post)

In addition to more damage to public health and the environment caused by Trump decriminalization, you can safely bet your last nickle that OSHA will be targeted by the GOP as soon as they are done gutting Social Security and Medicare.

Gutting OSHA will result in more worker injuries and deaths in all industries, especially the very dangerous petrochemical industry.

The White House and Trump Towers everywhere will be gutted and burnt to the ground by the Grey Hairs if Social Security and Medicare are ever touched.

That's where I'll bet my last nickel.

The purpose of Trump's 10% military budget increase is to add more soldiers to "neutralize" any "domestic disturbances" that will inevitably result from Trump and the GOP's sinister agenda roll outs.

"Cap and Plug", not "Cap and Trade"! Outlaw Fossil Fuels/Legalize Cannabis!

The Alliance to Protect the People and Places we Love (APPPL), a coalition of rural communities, farmers, Native American tribes, environmental and climate justice groups, and others, are working hard to stop the Atlantic Coast Pipeline that crosses North Carolina. Similar alliances are doing the same in Virginia and West Virginia.

Honestly, lately I've been feeling like people in the southern states deserve what they get -- earthquakes, wildfires, tornadoes, pollution, being ripped off by their governments, lack of health care and education, on and on. I feel for the minorities who try to fight back, but it just seems like the motto south of the Mason-Dixon line is "ignorance is bliss."

Oh, you mean the jack-booted government thugs the right wingers have been so worried about? So far they only jam their boots on the necks of minorities and lefties.

Yes, and religion traded for ignorance. It's nothing new.