Home | About | Donate

Spreading Word of God and Coronavirus: Outrage Over Evangelical Group Trying to Contact Isolated Amazon Tribes Amid Pandemic

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/18/spreading-word-god-and-coronavirus-outrage-over-evangelical-group-trying-contact

2 Likes

People want us to weep when missionaries are killed or disappear in the wilderness as they seek to sell their insane Sky Father to people who don’t need that bullshit.
But I’m glad when these God salespeople suffer and die.
They’re just trying to enslave people to be afraid of and serve the ultimate despot, the cruel Sky Father who murders his own son and rapes virgins.

14 Likes

Maybe we should leave well enough alone. Time after time the white, “civilized”, man has brought nothing but death and misery when making contact with an indigenous people. It is bad enough that we are currently burning the Amazon. Maybe just leave these tribes in peace before we collapse their ecosystem.

19 Likes

Praise the Lord and pass the contamination

10 Likes

In comes our god, out goes your gold. Old story.

18 Likes

It’s not about saving souls. It’s always been about forcing one culture upon another in order to extract their riches. In Thomas More’s Utopia, it was the Christian who was expelled because he wouldn’t allow others to live as they wished.
Right now I’m thinking of Bruce Cockburn’s If I had a Rocket Launcher; that would take care of the helicopter…

11 Likes

They need to start in the White House.

7 Likes

Isn’t religion great!! One does not need religion to do good in society.

5 Likes

But to control the society, placate the masses who are suffering, and pick their pockets at the same time… nothing can compare.

10 Likes

If God had one thing to say to humans .

She would say . “ You have got me all wrong.”

5 Likes

Another instance of “saving” the village by destroying it.

3 Likes

The jesuits brought the common cold with them when they went to Tierra del Fuego to “christianize” the people there, which ended up wiping the entire population instead. How is a people supposed to be christianized when they die from the diseases the missionaries bring? If god is so concerned about having his word manually spread by other humans, then why does god allow lethal diseases to be spread by these missionaries? The stupidity and arrogance of these people astounds me.

8 Likes

Religious fanatics are the worst plague that has ever infected the planet. These particular cretins (Ethnos360) should be forced to watch “At Play in the Fields of the Lord”, a film directed by Héctor Babenco and adapted from the 1965 novel of the same name by one of my all-time favorite author’s, Peter Matthiessen. Employ the same the method that was used on Alex in “Clockwork Orange”.

2 Likes

The Mayan Orthodox of Guatemala and south Mexico will eventually have a Brown bishop. Rather than the not clear-eyed young-Earth creationism and ‘Once saved always saved’ of the evangelical Protestant Churches, have Maya Orthodox Brown presbyters(priests) contact the tribes.

and thereby ours…

1 Like