Home | About | Donate

Spy Agencies Used 'Giant Vacuum Cleaner' to Collect Data Across Pacific

Spy Agencies Used 'Giant Vacuum Cleaner' to Collect Data Across Pacific

Jon Queally, staff writer

New documents from the cache of files leaked by Edward Snowden show that New Zealand's intelligence agency has been collecting in bulk the cell phone, email, and internet files of people across the Pacific Island nations and handing that data over to the U.S. National Security Agency in a operation one angered lawmaker now describes as a "giant vaccum cleaner of information."

With paranoia running rampant in the "western" nations, one has to wonder whether governments really have their people's interests at heart in their decision-making or if it is simply about securing the world for the corporate-government fascists.

One would have to be pretty naive to not realize that the internet was opened up to the world with this sort of activity in mind. Cat-video mania may not have been foreseen, but surveillance was a given.

A relief in a way, to hear that the country I've often wished I could emigrate to is on the New World Order and likely no safe haven--may as well stay in the Belly of the Beast.

It's abhorrent to even think this way but sadly this is exactly what is happening. I am so saddened about what future holds for the young children that I know now. The thought of what the world is becoming is very sad and depressing. You have made an excellent point.

Show me a country with the capability to spy on others nations ,,, which is not
doing so.
The problem with the U.S.A. is that ,,,,,they U.S are illegally spying on it's
our citizens.
We have NO freedom , rights or democracy today.

I don't understand the point you are making in the first sentence.