Home | About | Donate

Squad and Rep. Speier Unveil Resolution Urging Action to Mitigate Violence Against Female Politicians

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/24/squad-and-rep-speier-unveil-resolution-urging-action-mitigate-violence-against

3 Likes

Idpol is not a good tactic and will just further alienate voters from the Democratic Party.

1 Like

We are already in a second Civil War, and the violent threats and harassment facing The Squad, other female politicians, BLM activists, progressives, environmentalists, animal rights activists are a national epidemic.
The Squad should start first by targeting the Q-Anon gun nuts running for Congress, one of whom has publicly posted materials that are barely-veiled violent gun nut threat against The Squad.
Many hardcore GOP politicians, along with right-wing talk show jerkoffs such as Alex Jones, Mark Levin, and Flush Rimjob should also be targeted for legal action.
Making open threats on the lives of politicians should be illegal and the FBI and other agencies should take an aggressive approach in discovering and arresting those who do it.
The gun nut cadre should be heavily surveilled and interdicted.
Trump is the leader of this violence. He openly calls female politicians dogs and terrorists. No surprise that an “accused” rapist and self-confessed sexual predator foments violence against women.

12 Likes

sigh—100 years ago women got the vote-----and a hundred years later, it is amazing that so many do not yet see women as not only competent, but deserving of the careers they choose.But then, I look at the life of RBG, and see that nothing is impossible! : )

6 Likes

The Age of Women" i…s upon us, & well-needed to restore, protect and care for this world and the world of humanity:… it is now time for men to step aside…
…
“The wisdom of women must come to the fore if society is to advance, if humanity is to adapt to the changing conditions of the world and if greater competition, conflict and war are to be avoided. These natural endowments must be given the freedom to emerge, not only for the well-being of the individuals involved, but also for the well-being of the whole world and all of humanity.”…

And this one, too:…“There is a New Message …in the world, and one of the things that it calls for is the emergence of women leaders, particularly in the area of spirituality and religion. It is time now for certain women to be called into these greater roles and responsibilities, and it is important around the world in different quarters and in different religious traditions that this be allowed.”… These passages so important…from “The Age of Women”-New Message…things are changing so fast, the decline is happening with blinding speed.

4 Likes

As a male I can’t conceive of all the crap women go through on a daily basis. However as someone that was marginalized when much younger, with implied(and some real) violence, I can see that these fearless women do need protecting.The imbecilic behavior of those from corporate(MSM) platforms(like talk radio) are the ones that need calling out for their bigoted behavior against women in general and politicians in particular. Or perhaps they can’t help themselves, they were never taught manners or how to behave better than a feral, 6 year old, wild child. Patriarchy raises its ugly head again and again. It’s time to get out of the middle ages of medieval Europe and biblical teachings.

11 Likes

Happiness is a warm gun. If that’s too drastic how about a high powered pepper spray. That should shut a few mouths until ethics charges can be leveled.

2 Likes

I agree with LaResistencia. The Squad is being targeted because some of them are weighing in on issues like Palestinian rights, cutting the bloated military budget, Medicare for All, debt relief and other important national issues. For them to make the claim that they are being targeted principally because they are women may obscure the real reasons, and also keeps the discourse at the level of identity politics, rather than elevating it to a more inclusive level.

1 Like

ethics charges?

How about stalking, intimidation, slander, peace warrants.

Another CD article deplores the Jewish government ability to have Facebook, Twitter and others remove Palestinian writers who would smite Israel.
Here, why are Facebook, Twitter, etc. not removing hateful comments and threats against lady politicians, judges, civic activists.

There is an actual benefit to having a yuuuge diversity of skills inside the house of representatives. If ladies provide us half = great !!
Teachers
Engineers
Medical
Transportation from airlines, railroad, commuter.
Farmers
And a couple stupid good ole boys like Gomer from Dallas and Cotton from Mississippi.
Just Enough to mis-speak every day and remind us to get education back.

4 Likes

Are you saying those man lawyers, good ole boy, clubs are shamelessly inadequate? Then I would agree.

2 Likes

What the hell is a “resolution urging action to mitigate” something? Is that like stomping your feet and holding your breath? I understand the problem as best that a man can but I do not see how this will accomplish anything. I don’t see Heir Nancy on the stage with them.

1 Like

good ole boys
Harvard, Yale and used to be Princeton also.

If you want influence (clout) in DC, check in to
one the above hotels.

Notice Mark Meadows, chief of staff in white house, lied on his resume about his college educations and did revise the wording. Matches Trumps superior learning. (sarcasm)

1 Like

Women (even politicians) should take responsibility for defending themselves. Carry a weapon, learn hand-to-hand, hire a security guard. Can you imagine Harriet Tubman asking for special protection just because she was a woman? How about Molly Pitcher? Women are humans, no more or less important than males. They can do anything a man can do, and men can do anything a woman can do (most sex acts and reproduction excluded) Certainly not more important just because they are politicians.

After the civil war ended Tubman raised funds to aid freedmen and joined Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony in their quest for women’s suffrage.

“Tubman believed in the equality of all people, black or white, male or female, which made her sympathetic to the women’s rights movement. Tubman’s role was not that of a leader but that of a strong supporter. As a woman who had fought for her own freedom and the freedom of others, Tubman set to work with her friends by touring and giving speeches about her own experiences as a female slave and as the liberator of hundreds born under the bondage of slavery. She described her years as “Moses” and the impact she had to those who found freedom. She toured New York, Boston and Washington speaking in favor of women’s suffrage rights.”

Harriet Tubman Historical Society

" The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says: It’s a girl." Shirley Chisholm

2 Likes

“When I introduced legislation in California to crack down on those who weren’t paying child support, I received death threats that required me to be moved into protective custody as a widowed mother with my young son and toddler daughter and wear a bulletproof vest,”

This, to me, is absolutely amazing! In this day and age, how could this happen? Oh!!! I’ve made a mistake. I may have said those words with confidence a little more than a few years ago, but now it appears to be normal procedure, as in SNAFU.

Men, women, and it doesn’t matter what race color, creed, sexual preference, etc., need to know that we are ALL EQUAL!! Dammit! This is disgusting that these women should have to live under circumstances such as these. I’ve never seen nor heard of anything like this before, yet, aside from my ignorance, it has existed.

It must be stopped, but don’t look forward to it with a racist, hateful, idiot-in-chief, in charge of this country. That must, at any cost, change in this election.

3 Likes

I will never forget Shirley Chisolm running for President

2 Likes

These women are being targeted because they are different------All Americans should be proud that these women have been elected to office -----and it says something positive about the dem party-these ladies represent me more than my Congressman Ruiz.

2 Likes

The Squad–Content of Character come true! Bless You! Real Deal! My eyes well up with pride knowing you are on our side. Rock on.

2 Likes

“Idpol”? I assume you mean “identity politics”. Since when is it NOT acceptable to challenge THREATS OF VIOLENCE against anyone for running/being in political office or challenging powerful institutions? That you’d DISMISS these women’s exposure of DEATH THREATS, RAPE THREATS & VIOLENCE AIMED at their FAMILIES as “further alienation from Democratic Party” makes no sense at all. Your moniker of “La Resistencia” sounds like BS, too. I suspect you’[re a Republican troll who’s OK with inciting violence against those you disagree with–just like Cult Leader, Donald Trump does.

4 Likes

You are most certainly a troll. I’m formally calling you out for it.
Because you directly contradicted yourself and your statements are beyond just mere ignorance. Here’s why…
Regarding Breonna Taylor’s murder, you blamed the victims in a subtle attempt to defend the police, saying an armed black man in his own apartment with a legal gun should not defend himself and his partner against unknown invaders.
And yet, here you are in a different comment section telling women to get guns and shoot attackers.
You are also blaming those who are threatened with violence for not defending themselves properly.
Exactly like some old POS telling a woman she wouldn’t have gotten raped if she had worn modest clothes and been carrying a gun when her rapist attacked her.
Your pattern is always to blame black and women victims and never say a bad thing about their attackers.
I hope there’s a way to block comments from specific people, because I’m sick of seeing yours, which are so specious, sexist, and Trumpist as to be infuriating.

3 Likes