Home | About | Donate

State Trooper Who Arrested Sandra Bland Indicted on Perjury Charges

State Trooper Who Arrested Sandra Bland Indicted on Perjury Charges

Jon Queally, staff writer

Brian T. Encinia, the Texas State Trooper who made the initial and violent arrest of Sandra Bland during a routine traffic stop just days before she was found dead in a jail cell last summer, was indicted on charges of perjury by state prosecutors on Wednesday for making false statements regarding his behavior during the incident.

Why would there be no crime on the books of "induced suicide"?

Even if Sandra Bland "killed herself" (which i doubt based on the narrative of events and testimony from her friends and relatives), she plainly only did so because of the horrific situation she was put in and experiences she was put through by Encinia and the others in the "chain of custody" during the last three days of her life.

And Encinia virtually gets off scot-free while Bland's family endures the senseless loss of their daughter/sister. A misdemeanor...gimme a break...he will have less than $400 deducted from his pay and serve no jail time. Encinia's ways will not change as he will continue to target and victimize all whom he deems to pose a "threat" (by being non-white). Wonder how much it cost to convene the Grand Jury for a misdemeanor charge? The taxpayers footed the bill, to be sure.

Indicted on perjury? Hell no!

How about indicted on accessory to murder charges!

What is the matter with police in the USA? So many real crimes are ignored, and deaths are caused at "routine traffic stops", "drug searches of cars" etc. I have driven for over fifty years (NEVER in the USA, I am glad to say), and have NEVER been stopped for ridiculous "crimes", or searched, tasered, rudely treated at any time. The crims are in the police, in the Congress and the SCOTUS. Punish them!!!

"Even if Sandra Bland "killed herself"

Geezus! It was inevitable that somebody would utter those words.

But will he be permanently banned from law enforcement?

Death from a choke hold can be disguised as death by hanging. This is not new. So many deaths by hanging suicide in jail . . .
Sandra should never have been in jail in the first place!

i'll pray for you.