Home | About | Donate

States Doubling Down on #BroadbandPrivacy After Congress Sells Out

States Doubling Down on #BroadbandPrivacy After Congress Sells Out

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The growing backlash to federal rollback of regulations continued this week, as Minnesota and Illinois both made moves to protect internet privacy after Congress voted to let broadband providers sell user data to third parties without permission.

States Doubling Down on Broadband Privacy After Congress Sells Out — Nadia Prupis, staff writer
"The growing backlash to federal rollback of regulations continued this week, as Minnesota and Illinois both made moves to protect internet privacy after Congress voted to let broadband providers sell user data to third parties without permission."

The Repooplicans are all about States Rights, right?  Now listen to their Hypocritical Howl when several states stand up to the Plutocracy on things like First Amendment Rights to Privacy, statewide bans on fracking and a great many other issues!

Maybe the dumbshit democrat state legislator in New Hampshire who tried to get Russian vodka banned could spend his time more productively protecting our privacy. I personally like Russian vodka with my freedom fries.

The Republican Party makes me sick to my stomach. They have become the very definition of EVIL!!!

Exactly. They love States Rights. Oh, but not if it involves insignificant things, like:

• the right of a female to decide what to do medically with her own body

• the right of anyone to use alternatives to countless pharmaceuticals, or even an alternative recreational drug instead of alcohol and nicotine. So you do not have a right to treat your own body with medical respect to science.

• Human rights for all LGBT just as all others have.

• If you are black or brown, then you should not be able to vote easily.

• If you are black or brown and are found "guilty" of crime, your sentence should be longer, and harsher than that for whites.

The last two are the foundation of legalized slavery, which the war on drugs perpetuates ad infinitum.

The Minnesota bill will change little; ISPs will simply arrange for nearly all users to "consent". To institute real respect for privacy at this level of internet use, one has to go further. For instance, to forbid ISPs to make note of, or tell anyone, anything about a user's internet traffic, except under the authority of a specific court order.

See https://gnu.org/philosophy/surveillance-vs-democracy.html for more explanation.