Home | About | Donate

States Representing 44% of US Population Sue Trump's EPA for Blocking Auto Emissions Standards

States Representing 44% of US Population Sue Trump's EPA for Blocking Auto Emissions Standards

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

A coalition of 17 states and the District of Columbia is suing the Trump administration for blocking greenhouse gas emissions standards for vehicles that aimed to reduce air pollution and curb U.S. drivers' contributions to the global climate crisis.

"This move is totally unjustifiable under the facts and the law. That’s why, today, we’re going to stop them," Schneiderman said. "We need these responsible emission standards in New York and across the country. They fight climate change, they cut air pollution, and they save drivers money."

The lawsuit was lauded by environmental advocates nationwide.

Andrea McGimsey of Environment America commended the states for "standing up for the rights of their citizens to a stable climate and clean air."

This is very much a question of the HEALTH of citizens of this nation.

Life and Death.

Today – 5/1/18 – it was 83 degrees in central NJ, to be followed Wednesday with 86,
Thursday 88, Friday 87 … Saturday, back down to 78.

Keep in mind that the temperatures we are feeling now are based in the damage done
to Nature/planet only up to about 1968 … because there was a 50 year gap in our
actually feeling the effects of Global Warming.

That figure – 1968 – should give you an indication of what’s ahead of us – and what
will obviously be a pick up in speed and heat as we go forward.

The mindset of Pruitt, and of those like him, boils down to “What do I care? I’ll be dead by then.” If there’s a more succinct definition of nihilism, I have yet to hear it.

I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll see a return of leaded gas under pruitt’s EPA.