Home | About | Donate

Steny Hoyer Deploys 'Republican-Lite Talking Points' to Oppose 70% Tax Rate on Ultra-Rich That Most Americans Want

Steny Hoyer Deploys 'Republican-Lite Talking Points' to Oppose 70% Tax Rate on Ultra-Rich That Most Americans Want

Julia Conley, staff writer

Despite the popularity of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-N.Y.) proposal to raise the marginal tax rate for the wealthiest Americans to 70 percent—House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) revealed that he has no plans to serve the public interest by pushing for higher taxes for the rich.

Steny is playing a Republican-Heavy for the 1%.

12 Likes

Let me finish that quote: it still is the fake opposition party!

9 Likes

It appears that Steny doesn’t like the idea of having to pay out 70% in taxes on his excess bribes.

13 Likes

“…democratic party has a ways to go…” oh really, tell us something we don’t know. The duopoly serves the same paymasters. Until corporate tools like Hoyer, Pelosi, and their ilk are booted, we will remain in the swamp. Pelosi, with her " impeachment is off the table" when the lying village idiot was creating Middle East chaos and siphoning off trillions for the MIC.She is disgusting in her hypocrisy. A good catholic who sees no problem bombing civilians for a war based on lies. War criminals all.

6 Likes

His real name should be Con. " Stenchy " Hoyer. His old " same old same old " bullshit is overripe.
His recipe for progress is akin to handing the 99s more anvils and encouraging them to keep treading water in the deep end of the pool.
The Democrats truly never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Stenchy’s " we need to get the deficit down " is just code for cutting ( the status quo ) domestic programs while bolstering the MIC’s outrageous waste and abuse. Maryland ranks # 4 in the nation in receiving DoD outlays behind states 3, 4 or 5 times their size in terms of population.
Ol’ Stenchy is, of course, a hawk. And, knows where his bread gets buttered, or greased. Since I’ll bet it’s been a while since he’s actually been on a diet of bread and water. What a phony ass.

4 Likes

Exactly, we can expect this SS (shit stain) to start offering up the few lifelines the people have left, while corporate and DOD budgets overflow with welfare from we the people.

4 Likes

No kidding. Did you hear about Trump’s idea of using DoD funds to fund the stupid wall, already allocated for base updating and modernization? Oh Nos!!! Where are those bases located, btw?
That trojan horse ( a trial balloon full of laughing gas ) created a 48 hour collective howl and a great grinding of perfect teeth. The Washington Consensus is absolutely bonkers or bought off. I’ll let you pick the most appropriate one.

1 Like

POS Hoyer, progressive groups should start NOW to put up electable true progressives in certain districts AND in the case of the Senate States. It’s about time we push the Republican party back to sanity just as the Republicans since ass hole Ronnie pushed the Dems to the right.

2 Likes

I think AOC was wrong in asking for a 70% tax rate on ultra-rich greed heads like you, Steny Hoyer. She should have asked for 90% instead.

5 Likes

And that must stink.

1 Like

Toyer Hoyer has shown his true colors and they are way too pale. Looks like he’s in the back pockets of the corporate financial establishment lobbiests and there oligarchic allies. ,sold his soul to the company store.

Yes, kind of hope he does raid agency money, a serious criminal strike for impeachment.
“Where are those bases located, btw.”
Easer to list the countries they’re not in, last I read over 120 countries, and that’s the ones we know about. I’m curious as to how high the % of the GDP will be spent on the military, before we implode.

I think it’s just a matter of sourcing. When they screw up and we are no longer a good enough source for their war games, they will find another, even if they have to counterfeit 100 dollars bills by the millions.

Steny Hoyer is not Republican lite. He’s a Vichy Democrat just like Pelosi. You could also call him a Quisling.

One of my favorite quotes from “Kingdom Of Heaven” which takes place in the 12th Century about Crusades.
"None of us know our end, really, or what hand will guide us there. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, “But I was told by others to do thus,” or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that. "

Run Steny Run. You are so pitiful. If you won’t step up then step out. But you won’t because even that takes courage.