Home | About | Donate

'Stop at Nothing' Plan to Destroy Nation's Union Power Includes $80 Million Koch- and Walmart-Funded War Chest

'Stop at Nothing' Plan to Destroy Nation's Union Power Includes $80 Million Koch- and Walmart-Funded War Chest

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Less than a week after Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) unveiled legislation to strengthen trade unions across the United States, a new report reveals that a network of right-wing think tanks—funded by the billionaire Koch Brothers and the heirs to the Walmart fortune—has launched a nationwide campaign to destroy labor groups and undermine American workers' rights.

I’m just waiting for the union steelworkers in Seattle to back this “union reform” movement…

The brittle acidic cynicism of Charles Koch stating that he wants to see less centralized power, claiming that is why he funds so many millions into PACs is matched only by closing the statement by licking his lips and smiling. You cannot make this stuff up.

like a lizard warming its belly under the klieg lights of a media bought and paid for by fossils sucked out of the ground and blissfully blown into the lungs of people unfortunate enough to be subjected to their ever so ‘classy’ version of effete

Ahh, the Koch brothers again. The backroom fascists…

Trying to beat Big Money with its own political system is tilting at windmills. Its a bullshit world and money buys a lot of bullshit.

Direct Democracy

https://democracyjournal.org/magazine/27/how-big-money-corrupts-the-economy/

They won’t be happy until the Walmart “associates” have to fight each other to tell me in which aisle the pork rinds are so that the first one to me keeps their job.

You got to give it to the fascists. They are relentless. They have already effectively destroyed the unions, but they are going to make sure they are dead and stay dead. They will allow no resistance to their regime. Keep holding on to your fantasies of democracy and rule of law, when they get around to you, you will know the truth. It will always bother me that this country…land of the free, home of the brave…gave up it’s freedom without even a whimper…indeed with the vast majority not even knowing it was happening. If you still think that you can vote your way out, then you my friend are at this point part of the problem. You are merely validating a corrupt system and that’s all. Sorry to be such a buzzkill but it is the truth. Right now we have two choices only: allow the Republicans to keep power and in sometime in the next ten years we will slide into anarchy and revolution, or empower the Democrats and insure perpetual Corporate Fascist Rule. Personally if that is my choices…well I would rather die on my feet, then live on my knees…

Roll over and go back to sleep. People who say it can’t be done take a back seat to those who are already doing it.

Meanwhile, three states with teachers unions who went out on strike for better working conditions prove you wrong.

Actually they prove me right. That is the reason they are doing this now. They could not even tolerate that little triumph for the people. They will try very hard to make sure there are no repeats. Also, that was on a state level…the teachers did not have to fight in the big leagues…just with the toady local fascists. Wait until somebody tries any kind of national strike and see what happens.

this has nothing to do with Corporations or “Fascists”. This movement is targeting public sector unions which usurp Democracy.

It has nothing to with preventing “usurping Democracy.”  If that were the case, they would work to prohibit lobbying by corporations that benefit from government contracts.  For example, my tax dollars are forcibly extracted from me and re-distributed to the military industrial complex, which then uses some of that money to lobby Congress and bribe politicians to keep the gravy train rolling.  Unlike union members who have the option of looking for a non-union job in order to avoid paying union dues, my money is taken from me no matter where I work.

It seems the Koch brothers’s secret plan to remake America so that the rich can pay very low taxes and wages isn’t so secret anymore. Can they still pull off this radical plan in full view? Their crowning achievement would to be to get enough states controlled by Republicans to call a constitutional convention. To completely revise the Constitution in their favor which would really finally be the permanent end of the left in the US with its concerns about economic equality and justice, public health, and so forth. The majority of American would then just live in poverty and ill health and simply suffer with their fate. No longer would the government have a role in helping the less fortunate. Instead the government will be able to concentrate on military matters and putting down social unrest would be expected to be a very common occurrence as the lives of tens of millions would become unbearable with no legal recourse.

“Backroom”? Looks to me like they’re right out front and proud of it.

A-bleepin’-MEN, Bro! Saw and responded to this same canard on another CD article a day or two ago.

“Liberty, equality, fraternity,” and democracy itself (or “republican government,” if you prefer) do not entail absolute freedom of everybody to do anything in any situation. Quite the opposite: popular government entails that most citizens take responsibility for their own actions AND refrain from acting against the common good. The common good is in fact precisely what capitalism denies, recognizing only individual good. Adam Smith, An Inquiry . . ., p. 485 in the Cannan Edition reprinted by Modern Library, 1994.

As if we needed any further reminder that we are indeed engaged in a very serious class war to the death. But of course some people still don’t recognize it, because it’s only “class war” when we fight back–which of course we must do or else perish, n’est-ce pas? But beware–"Danger, Will Robinson!: This is highly asymmetrical warfare, in which we will continue to be defeated if we attempt to fight on their terms of mass violence.

Who do you think are the people who stole your democracy if not the Corporate Fascists? The fact you do not understand that tells me you are not fully informed. If you care to learn the truth I recommend:. Sheldon Wolin and Chris Hedges address this clearly in this video.

What are you doing shopping at WalMart?

Shopping for pork rinds, of course. :rofl::rofl::rofl: