Home | About | Donate

Stop Feeding the Troll: The Case for an ISIS Propaganda Blackout

Stop Feeding the Troll: The Case for an ISIS Propaganda Blackout

Adam Johnson

This past weekend, several media outlets ran a story about how ISIS is seeking a nuclear weapon:

ISIS Claims It Could Buy Its First Nuclear Weapon From Pakistan Within a Year

International Business Times

But then how could you scare congress into cutting the safety nets to give the pentagon another 89 billion.

The intended audience of this "magazine" is the ENGLISH speakers in the West rather than those so called "jihadis".

See "The Black Panther Coloring Book" or see the covert program run by the US to provide radical fundamentalist texts to schoolchildren in Pakistan when they were promoting a Jihad against Communism in Afghanistan.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The deep fascist state finally got to Johnson (and FAIR). Johnson probably got a text message that said, "We have those pictures of you and the underage aardvark and oh, check your numbered account, there's a deposit."
It's usually sticks and carrots.

Assange was on DN today and it is well worth the watch.

As long as pushing US voters' fear and greed buttons by always having a new boogeyman to launch continues to be a winning formula for the 1% they will keep on applying it.

"I ain't 'fraid of no ISIS!"

I don't watch TV but it got through to me in a waiting room last week with the CNN "ISIS Biggest Threat to US."
I would be more scared of some Jehovah's Witnesses breaking my door down, or getting my house set on fire by rightwing militias, than some foreign group who probably can't find my insignificant Podunk town on a map.
I almost bought it when the boogeyman back then was the Communists and I was seven years old.
The media is a big scare-monger. Aside from the fluff and the info-tainment, that is the purpose they serve. Keep us all skeered and vigilant.

To address Johnson's concluding question

As long as it boosts ratings, and far more importantly, as long as it serves imperial interests to foment the fear factor of a big time boogeyman

Not in the foreseeable future.

Yes, stop feeding the trolls--whether they are headquartered in the Middle East or wherever our own CIA has its headquarters in the United States.

When ISIS first rose to power, western media took to the streets of Baghdad and asked what should the USA do about ISIS.

The incredulous "people on the streets" replied "but ISIS is America".

If ISIS were to succeed in its stated mission what would happen? A bunch of countries with a similar ideology to Saudi Arabia would arise. Oh no!!! I guess at least the beheadings would then be legal.

T Friedman of the NYT times, the voice of empire, stated that the USA should stop fighting Iran's enemy ISIS. I think he spilled the beans on that opinion piece. (Friedman really is unexceptional mind)

ISIS is the proxy enemy of Iran created by the USA. Trouble is Iran is the most effective opponent against ISIS and ISIS is not working out like its funders in Saudi Arabia, Likud and the US had hoped for.

Nice analysis!

"..auction off his wife, First Lady Michelle Obama, to the sex slave market."

OMG!!!

50 Shades of ISIS!!!

"This feels different than the last time—so carnal, so … necessary. He caresses my behind with his long-fingered hands, and I’m helpless, trussed up and pressed into the ticking nuclear bomb, at his mercy, and of my own free will. He hits me again, slightly to the side, and again, the other side, then pauses slowly as he peels my panties down and pulls them off.

"You will pay Michelle," he murmurs sensuously, "All not of the true faith will pay.”"

How long would that stay on the NYT Bestseller list?

Note: Text based on actual "50 Shades Darker" text (from thedailybeast extracts) .