Home | About | Donate

"Stop the War! Feed the Poor!": March by Poor People's Campaign Ends With Arrests in DC

"Stop the War! Feed the Poor!": March by Poor People's Campaign Ends With Arrests in DC

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As part of the final week of Poor People's Campaign demonstrations leading up to the movement's Mass Rally and Moral Revival in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, hundreds of protesters joined together in chants and songs as they marched to and then were arrested outside of the U.S. Capitol Building on Thursday.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I look, I squint, put on my glasses, take off my glasses, take out my magnifying glass and yet I still can’t find a single asterisk in this amendment.

I sure hope this movement isn’t going to get co-opted by the capitalist democratic party.

We also need to march In NYC on the NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox, MSNBC and other so called news conglomerates that represents only themselves, the 1%. We need to march on “supremes” who have systematically reduced the power of the people and allowed the money interests to have the best free speech that their money could by i.e. Citizens United.

I am sick of hearing all about Trump. This has been going on for decades by both parties who are now in collusion except for 20% of democrats depending on the issues.

Pentagon can not account for 21 trillion dollars…what ls in your wallet?

The March arrives and is quickly arrested it appears. Remember the January, 2017 inaugural protests arrests resulted in numerous bogus felony charges. Forget about land of the free when the free are locked up for wanting to be free.

All who have died are equal. – Comanche

Thats why Rallies and Marches never do any good. Thousands instead of millions, signs instead of weapons. Where are the other Orgs that should be joining them? Again, no real game plan, which is why we keep losing.

What if all groups got together and centralized their complaints. All In! What if lamestreet media around the country could not ignore us?