Home | About | Donate

'Straight Out of Orwell': Trump Plans to Tout His 'Environmental Leadership' While Slashing Climate Regulations

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/04/straight-out-orwell-trump-plans-tout-his-environmental-leadership-while-slashing

4 Likes

Thank you Jake and everyone here at Commondreams, thank you to the Guardian as well. I posted this to my blog last night with the idea that all you have to do is use your search engine and see how many regulations have been slashed, how many scientists have been silenced. This is Orwell on steroids, this man isn’t just insane, he is a threat to our very being. This speech on Monday was to be a surprise, as I understand it. Spread the word far and wide and be ready, the rest of the planet will be laughing at us once again.

16 Likes

He is treating us like he does with contractors. Just stiff them and go to court.

If trump does actually lie about himself or something he claims, a rousing round of laughter should be our response. And every time after that until we laugh him out of town.
He then retire to Florida and start work on a seawall for each seaside property he has.

3 Likes

His followers will believe anything this lunatic says and he has brainwashed them to think it is all fake news, hoax and that their is a far left liberal nutcases.
He is America’s disgrace to the world. Happy Independence Day! from the King of England now we need to jail this SOB\

If we would of just held President’s and corruption accountable over the years.

4 Likes

Thank you Ditton and ditto that.

The real demons are his corporate owners and very wealthy families. This is the real constituency he serves. However, there are not enough votes there to get elected.
Trump is very skillful in holding together a coalition of racists, nationalists, pro-lifers, evangelicals, etc. under the republican party, to get elected. This is the group he doesn’t give a rat’s ass about.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

7 Likes

Trump must be taught the definition of “leadership” by someone other than everyone he surrounds himself with.

Perhaps it’s too late for him to learn any new words.

1 Like

How the Hell did we get stuck with a Lunatic for President??

His Cheerleaders, there are quite a few, are jumping for Joy that they finally have a fellow Bigot in the pure White House.

Trump has given the Bigots of America justification to come out of their Caves and Rat Holes.

Their Support for this Racial Bigot has allowed them to finally admit to themselves and the rest of America that they also Hate the same type of people Trump Hates.

It is disappointing but not surprising that their are so many fellow Americans that are heartless Disgusting Bigots.

To these intolerant, uneducated Racists, MLK Day should be replaced with Robert E. Lee Day.

Trump has exposed the Bigots that were lying dormant waiting for David Duke’s candidate to rise up and help his Klan to Make America White Supremacists Again.

4 Likes

Trump is constantly putting his hair on fire so he can put it out and claim what a good boy am I.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be nice if every contractor he calls about having a seawall built refuses to work for him?

4 Likes

Because about 40 million lunatics voted for him!

3 Likes

Trump the push-me-pull-me president.

1 Like

well, that. and a broken system using antiquated 18th century work-a-rounds like Electoral College.

3 Likes

Yes, the whole reason the oligarchs set up the Electoral College was not what we have been told, but to make sure they controlled the vote so that their selected stooge could not lose and become POTUS. It did happen once when JFK turned against his selectors and vowed to: " break the CIA into a thousand pieces" which left them no choice but assassination.

2 Likes

Our local GOP fans don’t actually believe much that President Swamp Gas says, they simply continue to take great pride in the decades long trend of the GOP getting away with ever more egregious lies, not really caring how those lies impact them as long as the GOP continues to piss off the oppress the darkies and those who they consider to be “elite”

1 Like

And the corporate media will show the speech on TV without pushback or treating like a joke giving him free campaign time like in 2016, instead of ignoring him which is what a Trump environmental speech deserves.

1 Like

Not funny…sad.

Republicans, especially Hair Hitler The Flaming Orange Satan, are the embodiment of lies and death. Their motto: “we got our own stinkin’ facts…theet”!

1 Like

I truly believe the only way to set things right is to plaster the air waves with the truth. It is my hope that this article and the one from the Guardian gets plastered everywhere. We have to shut this down some way because our “guvmint” won’t help us. Maybe laughing at him will help but I fear it will just cause the animal to be set free from whatever guard rails there are inside him.

1 Like

So please, become a revolutionary and spread the truth far and wide :)))

2 Likes