Home | About | Donate

Stuck on the Brink, Doomsday Clock Leaves Humanity 3 Minutes to Midnight

Stuck on the Brink, Doomsday Clock Leaves Humanity 3 Minutes to Midnight

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

With "utter dismay," the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists announced Tuesday that the symbolic Doomsday Clock will hold at three minutes to midnight—at the "brink" of man-made apocalypse—because world leaders have failed to take the necessary steps to protect citizens from the grave threats of nuclear war and runaway climate change.

Glad to see the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists including not just climate change, but also cybertechnology, as "existential threats" alongside nuclear war.

On the day that Concepcion Picciotto died, after literally 35 years of protesting in front of the White House against nuclear weapons, let's all think about what it means to actually acknowledge, and live lives of integrity in relation to, these truly existential threats.

"What message does this send to non-nuclear nations about our intention to build smaller, more useable weapons?": Especially coming from a nation that actually dropped two atomic bombs. A "civilization" that has brought life as we know it to the brink may not be worth saving. One would rather think it is LIFE that matters.

Nuclear weapons are satanic. - Fr. Phillip Berrigan.

Nuclear weapons are by definition anti life. They sterilize life - all life.

They are the only weapon that is against All life of any sort.

And among other things, the "message" it sends is that the USA is trashing its own obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, so hey, open season on nuclear proliferation!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Damn! Damn!! Damn!!!
;-})

Is he the guy who, when asked "Why do you do this everyday? You are not going to change the world?"... He said, "I don't do it to change the world, I do it so the world does not change me."

Is almost like something big is about to happen that might include the use of Nuclear Weapons. Listen to what they trying to fast track through Congress. That would basically give the President or the next President unlimited power to wage war, without the consent of Congress.

I changed the video to a longer version that explains your question.

.....and I agree about including the cyber technology. Also, I do not like the playing around with genetics or bioengineering .... it's really the next step in engineering humans... for who knows what purpose...

Their Doomsday clock is running behind.
We have only until the heating oceans kill the phytoplankton;
then Earth dies, gasping for oxygen.

I think the masses feel powerless about nuclear weapons, and are overwhelmed by the sheer number of impending crises/disasters.

Which begs the questions. Why does the U.S. military have a Bio-weapons Lab in Ukraine or the hundreds of Bio-weapons Labs the U.S. operates all over the world?

On January 22, the Donbass International News Agency (DINA) headlined “Deadly virus leaked from US laboratory – DPR Army and Intelligence,” saying:
“More than 20 Ukrainian soldiers have died and over 200 are hospitalized,” affected by a virus “immune to all medicines.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-unleashing-deadly-virus-in-donbass-ukraine/5503263

Yeah Matt, just where is the happy talk? Potential nuclear annihilation need not be such a downer. Let's all imagine happy faces on those mushroom clouds.

Bright flash. Oh cluck.

Look at my reply to Matti on the Zika virus thread.