Home | About | Donate

Study Shows Toxic Pesticide Levels in Families Dropped by 60% After One-Week Organic Diet

Study Shows Toxic Pesticide Levels in Families Dropped by 60% After One-Week Organic Diet

Jon Queally, staff writer

A new peer-reviewed study shows that eating a completely organic diet—evn for just than one week—can dramatically reduce the presence of pesticide levels in people, a finding that was characterized as "groundbreaking" by critics of an industrial food system that relies heavily on synthetic toxins and chemicals to grow crops and raise livestock.

1 Like

Just imagine if we also removed meat, diary, and oil from our meals.

3 Likes

amen!

1 Like

Understand that the system by which food grown is linked to the health care industry and the premise that it more profitable to TREAT illness such as cancer then it is to cure cancer or to prevent cancer.

A Goldman Sachs analyst recently wrote a document detailing how the Drug industry as example can not develop a “sustainable profit model” if they CURE diseases and suggesting they focus on diseases that can or will not be cured and or that are deemed growing.

Keep in mind that ultimately those stockholders at the very top hold shares in all manner of Corporations, from food production to big pharma , from weapons making to the media. If the media can be used to promote war and conflict so as to drive more weapon sales, they will ensure the media they own does that very thing. If food production causes more Cancers and illness which in turn drives profits in Pharma to treat the same then they will use one to fuel profits in the other.

Ultimately it all about the money and about funneling as much wealth as is possible to the 1 percent.

8 Likes

From the article:

“83% drop in clothianidin, a neonicotinoid pesticide. Neonicotinoids are associated with endocrine disruption…”

Interesting. i know neonics are neurotoxins, but had not heard of them as endocrine disruptors. On a quick search, two recent articles confirm evidence that neonics are also endocrine disruptors:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-10489-6

More reason to ban neonics, the most widely used class of pesticide in the world. We need an ecology! Fuck the profit-driven industrial assault on nature!

And fuck the slimy corporate mouthpieces who claim “science” supports their war on nature. They degrade science with their shameless propaganda.

We need a well-informed mass movement to STOP POISONING THE ECOLOGY.

7 Likes

Corporate food is made for profit and filled with harmful chemicals to enhance shelf life; and pesticides are also used to protect the corporate bottom line, even though proven to be hazardous to your health.

I have been eating organic for a long time and I would recommend so should everyone else.

1 Like

" It’s all about the Benjamins baby."

1 Like

The article ends with: “This important study shows how quickly we can rid our bodies of toxic pesticides by choosing organic.”

Which puts the burden on the individual (who can or not afford the organic), rather than putting the burden on the Government, whose role is to regulate the food industry on behalf of the individual.

4 Likes

Very Smart.

Smarter yet, read Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. M.D.'s book, “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease- The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure.”

If you can read the first 2 chapters, which is a mere 15 pages, and not be sold on his approach to tackle and beat the number one cause of death in our country, by eating an all plant-based diet, well, it’s difficult to imagine an argument against it.

No doubt about it in my mind! Thanks.

Organic Consumers Association has posted a letter writing campaign

Ask Your Member of Congress to Cosponsor the
Ban Toxic Pesticides Act of 2019

4 Likes

Please note the way the authors of the study frame the political question and the consumer choice question:

Study co-author Kendra Klein, PhD, senior staff scientist at Friends of the Earth:
“We all have the right to food that is free of toxic pesticides. Farmers and farmworkers growing our nation’s food and the rural communities they live in have a right not to be exposed to chemicals linked to cancer, autism and infertility. And the way we grow food should protect, not harm, our environment. We urgently need our elected leaders to support our farmers in making healthy organic food available for all.”

1 Like

I decided after consideration, to mention that meat eaters should also heed this report. Pesticides move right along the food chain. We are also inundated with pesticides throughout grain production and thus the cereals and breads you consume are potential poisons as well.
And just to be the thorn in the side this morning, I would mention that one of the most toxic poisons is grain alcohol. Sorry after dinner nippers.

1 Like

Ya mean my GranDaddie’s recipe for moonshine is bad for me?

Everyone gets to choose their poison.

It’s good that this report was released and you posted it, but I believe the model has been followed for many years by the pharmaceutical companies and researchers. When’s the last time you have read about a major breakthrough in the industry, where they have produced a cure for anything? Hepatitis C comes to mind at a beginning cost of $88,000 (well beyond the average persons means), before that, Polio?

Now that we have data to back-up what some of us have suspected for years, our work is cut out for us. That work includes ridding our food system of these chemicals completely, and most importantly, making our organic food production system pure again.
Since the involvement of USDA, the quality of the system has been degraded, allowing the major food producers to slip under the radar when it comes to adhering to the organic production standards. It also costs small farms almost the same to certify as the large corporate farms, two of the main reasons why so many small producers have opted out or never join the certification system. Small producers brought organic certification and production to the masses, they must be allowed to clean it up, and right the ship that USDA is sinking, all while allowing them to make a living great enough to stay in business and support their families.

Interesting to see_your data, supporting your assertion/cliché. __

No carbs in grain alcohol though, good for keto.