Home | About | Donate

'Such an Insult': Doctors Furious as Trump Peddles Baseless Claim That Physicians Are Inflating Covid Death Count for Profit

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/25/such-insult-doctors-furious-trump-peddles-baseless-claim-physicians-are-inflating

3 Likes

They are going to leave a scorched earth behind them, these beasts.

10 Likes

So many reasons to vote Trump out. So few to continue to criticize Biden when the choice is so clear between the two.

8 Likes

Let’s see–Physicians are sworn to the Hippocratic Oath while Trump is the incarnation of the Hipocritical Oath…Remove the platform from this moral monster! Now!

13 Likes

You are absolutely correct, and what concerns me a lot is the number of commenters here who post anti-Biden/anti-Democrat propaganda on every article documenting that Trump and the GOP are enemies, a dire threat to our country and the entire biosphere.
The level of disguised pro-Trump trolling here is off the charts. Trump propagandists are trained to appear somewhat reasonable and progressive, to derail comments sections, to go off topic, to be concern trolls, to generally deflect, obfuscate, lie, and weasel to spread false equivalencies, whataboutisms, and “both parties are the same” bullshit.
if you study the comments section, you easily predict who will comment on what articles, and what they will say. They’re obviously not authentic progressives, and are most likely working at a troll farm.
Some of them recycle verbatim their previous comments, and have taken verbatim the talking points from the Trump campaign and Fox News and recycled them here.
When you see people claiming Trump isn’t in bed with foreign mobsters or a lover of Putin, for example, you’re seeing a Trump troll.
You see Trump trolls who always shows up to upvote and reinforce other Trump trolls, never appearing on any article other than the ones that criticize Trump.
There are also pernicious commenters who are nasty, sick stalkers, weirdos, have personality disorders-- lonely, demented keyboard junkies with nothing else to do with their lives but use comment boards like a personal chat room, discussing mundane personal issues of interest to nobody.
This is a deliberate tactic to dilute the value of the comments section.
Their comments are off-topic, boring, banal, trite, egoic, and pathetic.
The bottom line is, even though all politicians are imperfect and both political parties have corruption issues, it’s obvious to any intelligent, ethical person that voting for Biden and the Dems to purge Trump and the GOP is what we have to do.

4 Likes

Have you noticed, lately, the government of the United States intentionally trying to kill its citizens?

10 Likes

My family had a country doctor for many a year, now I have one who I would not not trade for the the heavens. Summa cum laude in microbiology and a great thinker of the mind to boot. Sometimes I just want to feel “Ill” so I can see him. Such us nice man.

4 Likes

LOL, a good point!

1 Like

As a stupid, unethical, Russian troll, I did not vote for Biden because he has a long history of war-mongering with and being a corporate shill. LOTE voting got us Clinton and Obama, whose neoliberal policies and lack of concern for the working class led directly to Bush and Trump. It should be noted that a majority of the anti-Democratic Party voices on this site are courteous and do not tell others not to vote for Biden, only why they did/would not.

8 Likes

I wonder how much PAC money goes into that operation.

2 Likes

Good point, but the real problem is the two party system. (just two sides of the same coin)

We can always push against the neo-liberal crap when the time comes, but, right now the danger is neocon Trump.He is following the NAZI playbook to power and to do anything to support him is a stupid insanity.

5 Likes

Hmm. I suppose Jason Holland is a rumpface troll. I suppose Dissident Voice is a rump rag.

~https://dissidentvoice.org/2020/10/covid-19-a-series-of-unlikely-events/#more-110171

I suppose what bothers me about the rumptroll ad hominem, and the putintroll ad hominem, is that they are THOUGHT PARALYZERS. They shut down critical reasoning and undermine dialogue. They serve as bludgeons against the insights of others.

5 Likes

While tacitly agreeing with your ‘bottom’ line, your pathetic characterization
of the true progressive opposition to corporate owned politicians, like Biden,
is in itself bullshit.

As the orator Daniel Webster noted: Without dissent, there is no change.

True progressives will never give in to wall street neo-liberal democrats
without dissent. A minor site like CD is one of many sites you can expect us.

In the end, I will likely (as I previously posted) keep a hand towel nearby
to puke in while I vote for one of the evils. Humanity is at stake. Not to
say Biden will do much to save it. However, it is obvious Trump is hell bent
on the task of destruction. It will purely be a vote against Trump not a vote
for Wall Street Joe.

9 Likes

Education matters.

4 Likes

We understand that people can disagree with us are not, by definition, trolls, or sick people. Although I will happily claim the title “weirdo”; I am unique, and have my own mind.

We are also able to make our point without resorting to insults that attempt to prove your superiority, and deny the person-hood of the other person.

This constant barrage of foul insults is what dilutes the value of the comments section.

13 Likes

Absolutely agree with what you posted, got your back on this CarolEllison!

2 Likes

Rah rah rah! Go team! We’re number one! USA USA USA!

Now, how about including a bit of critical analysis in support of your team?

5 Likes

I wish the “lying” doctors and other front line workers who treated him at Walter Reade hospital when he was brought there with Covid had just let him lie there on a stretcher and done nothing. If he had died as a result, they coukd just have chalked it up to his bad diet and lack of a brain.

7 Likes

Insulting some of the thought provoking commenters on this site “delutes” the comment section on this site more than any occasional Trump troll. Some of us have a tendency to pontificate a bit but I for one make a point of contributing regularly to CD for the “privilege”. I think you are being way too harsh and attacking the wrong people. Are you a DNC troll (I know you are not). Check out the comment section of AOL or even your local news outlet - its bad.

7 Likes

In a nutshell:

~https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/25/deep-down-terrified-little-boy-bob-woodward-mary-trump-john-bolton-anthony-scaramucci-on-donald-trump

3 Likes