Home | About | Donate

Superspreading Idiocy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/09/08/superspreading-idiocy

Since Trump was too much of a ‘Murika-hatin sissy to hold the RNC in Lake Charles to deny climate change fer Jesus; I’m suggesting a ginormous NRA gun-tradin’ rally in Kansas with lots of FREE booze & CRANK… followed by a mosh-pit o’ DEATH presidential cage match and ORGY in Las Vegas?

Or… simply open the schools, force everybody back to work during rush-hour on our subways, telling us to, “just go on about your lives?” That worked pretty damn well, last time!

3 Likes

If it were just Sturgis idiots who would be paying for their stupidity, I would say “let 'em die” and be done with it. Unfortunately, the innocent will suffer, too, but it is what it is, I guess. South Dakota has never been known for the intelligence of its population, & neither have bikers.

6 Likes

There are no words for the stupidity running rampant in the USA. Just look at what is offered up for presidential candidates and the citizens actually arguing amongst themselves as to which one is better. You apparently cannot fix stupid in the USA. 2020 will go down as the year that everything came into clear focus that there was no saving the USA and therefore the world from its insanity.

6 Likes

No need to generalize all bikers as not intelligent. I would agree that those bikers who are nothing but posers especially on their Harleys and leather “gang” vests as generally being on the stupid spectrum.

5 Likes

No doubt someone is already planning this exact scenario. Presidential elections have become the same as professional wrestling now.

2 Likes

There seem to be a lot of people competing for the “Darwin Award” (goes to people who figure out incredibly naive and stupid ways to accidently kill themselves).

4 Likes

I should have specified “Sturgis bikers” as opposed to a generalization. Rode a bike or 2 back in the day.

1 Like

I rode a few bikes back when I was younger. I have some fond memories of taking camping trips to the southwest and Northern California in the spring time. But I no longer ride due to not wanting to mix it up with SUV’s and distracted drivers (with their cell phones). Thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

can the Darwin Award be given to an entire political party?

4 Likes

Not much freedom in an urn or a casket.

2 Likes

Biking in Montana was a blast, since no one lived there much then. In the Seattle area, where I live now, biking is pretty much suicide. No one knows how to drive here.

Are you thinking of the GOP or about the Dims whose current behavior is encouraging people to conceive and build a 3rd party that will replace them?

1 Like

I call on all governments to immediately pass and enforce laws mandating the end to segregation in the school system — specifically that the children of the elites must attend public schools with our children. Most especially the children in the families of the law givers must be in the public schools during these difficult times – we are all in this together.

5 Likes

“All in this together?” Nah, our betters were all upstate or in the Hamptons! We’d gone from Audi Q7, Porsche Macans & Geeley Volvos to Kias overnight, out front. White folks (~6% sero-prevalence) watching Jimmy & Steven; cheering Black Hispanic refugees for 55 seconds (26% sero-prevalence, 3x the fatalities) delivering food & Amazon parcels amidst the ambulances running silent or scary idling, waiting to call yet another victim for cardiac arrest, stroke, pneumonia (just anything but COVID). Curious to see if Jewish or Catholic schools do worse than charter or hoam-skool’d chilluns at infecting teachers, staff, drivers… or, vulnerable loved-ones?

1 Like

Aaaaaaaameeeeeeen.

The odds of any of the elites having been together with the bikers at Sturgis is small. For them, with their belief that they are different and superior and deserving of their advantages, the thought that “we are all in this together” is difficult to accept. Sadly they do not realize how much it is true, nor do they realize how quickly and completely they can lose it all if they lose our co-operation and acquiescence — they need us if they are to continue on with their advantages.

3 Likes

Know what they call bikers without helmets? Organ donors… Seriously, I’ve been on a ventilator. These people are playing with a dragon. First of all, while you’re being intubated, you are still conscious until they know they’ve hit the airway correctly. Propolol isn’t administered in full dose until you’re up and running. Otherwise you’re strapped down and head immobolized. Lots of screaming and pants soiling…once you’re under, you’re sedated with a cocktail of meds, including Dilaudin.
I was lucky, sort of. Already down and out for the count, so intubation was free of the usual drama. But when I came to…and the ventilator was withdrawn…
You do NOT want C-19! Mask up and stay away from the idiots. Wash your hands until they’re raw. Better a couple years of being a live and healthy hermit than a dead extrovert. Or, even worse, an extrovert with severe residuals from C-19.

7 Likes

It’s nothing like March 10th, here in NYC. It varies by local, but mask use is falling just as you can actually feel the second wave thrust upon us? Au-pairs with kids, e-scooter, cyclists and runners are one thing, but Manhattan’s UWS is OLD folks without masks, SCREAMING at iPhones, G_d or clouds. We’re still avoiding trains, busses, elevators (got GOGGLES?) We’d almost killed my partner’s dentist, then asymptomatic! I’m still waiting to get diagnostic imaging at one of those hospitals surrounded by corpse trucks in April. It’s less lika a particularly stereotypical 70s disaster movie. Because we’re now totally conversant with obtuse yuppie betters’ sociopathic willingness to MURDER us for profit. That they’re 85 miles up the Hudson, glibly killing us from STOCKED $2.5M vacation cottages, we’d guessed at? We shall require new euphemism, obfuscatory rhetoric & fresh comforting cynical bullshit platitudes this time, however?

~https://elemental.medium.com/all-this-2020-tumult-may-be-good-for-our-brains-d8b89ef34a8c

~https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/health/covid-masks-immunity.html

~https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/41/32/3038/5901158#.X1T5CvHoUN0.twitter

~https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-08/astrazeneca-shares-fall-on-report-of-vaccine-trial-setback

2 Likes

After being run off the road going to work one morning, I’ve decided biking anywhere in the US is suicidal. I loved it, but is just not worth it.