Home | About | Donate

Support for Marijuana Legalization Grows With 60 Percent of Americans Now in Favor

Support for Marijuana Legalization Grows With 60 Percent of Americans Now in Favor

Julia Conley, staff writer
A growing majority of Americans support the legalization of marijuana for personal use, according to a new poll by NBC News/Wall Street Journal.c

Speaking from a lifetime of experience, I believe Cannabis is highly “underrated.”

And, it’s medicinal benefits “saves” lives.

Ask the Israelis, they’ve been researching it’s medical values since the 70’s.

Why our Healthcare system hasn’t embraced it is solely due to greed, by the Pharmaceutical industry.

Please don’t overlook the other entrenched industries that would be threatened by cannabis/hemp, including textiles (hemp denim is superior in every way to cotton), wood-pulp paper mills (hemp paper doesn’t require bleaching), and petroleum (hemp-seed oil can provide feedstocks for motor fuel and lubricants, as well as for plastics).

No wonder it’s been demonized and driven underground for more than 80 years.

60%, wow. Thus, that means complete legalization will never happen, as it has been proven that when the majority of Americans want something, it does NOT happen, thanks to our corrupt Congress and the fact that we do not live in a democracy, but in an Oligarchy.

I love how the Republicans - once vehement supporters of “states rights” - now abandon that plank in their platform under this fascist administration, and are going whole-hog to eliminate states’ rights in regards to marijuana legalization, with the fascists Sessions and Trump leading the charge. So again - even with certain states making marijuana perfectly legal, to reflect the majority of citizens’ views, our “democratic” government is going to make them subject to Federal laws whereby marijuana is illegal.

Dontcha just love living in a democratic society, where the majority rules?

Dissent,

We do “not” live in a Democratic society, and, the majority does not rule.

We the People, are the majority, yet we allow 535 fools to rule.

Oh, I forgot the top Fool. 536.

Marijuana will never be legalized at the Federal level until the industry gives millions of donations (bribes) to the criminal congress critters.

…and, you forgot, when “Hell Freezes Over.”

I hope politicians will do the electoral math and support change in cannabis laws - medicinal, Industrial Hemp, and personal use, often referred to as “recreational”. The new governor of New Jersey has pledged to reform oppressive cannabis laws - maybe he will succeed - time will tell.

The Feds are corrupt, malignant, and un-informed tools of big-pharma that wants to keep peddling their deadly junk with no safe and effective cannabis competition!

Can you feel the winds of change Andy Cuomo? You betrayed voters and the people of NY by implementing a BS draconian medicinal “relaxation” system, but your vindictive, calculating, and corrupt MO screwed patients and voters - as usual with you!

If there is no absolute right to grow for ones own needs/use, there is NO decriminalization, only more criminal abuses, for-profit corporate domination, tax increase, political collusion, cowardice and continued abuse of citizens!

LEGALIZE IT!

Absolutely correct and on point. In fact, I’d argue that that right should include the unfettered right to sell to friends and family who aren’t horticulturally gifted/inclined, or who, for whatever reason, avoid commercial enterprises if possible.

I was being sarcastic. Sorry if that wasn’t apparent.

Also, a drawdown in any part of the war on drugs could hurt the profitability of arms suppliers and commercial prisons, could reduce funding from asset seizures, and constricts a drug-running source of revenue for spook agencies.

A growing majority use pot as well, and you can’t put everyone in jail. Think about it.

No Pony, @holygeezeer has it right - money trumps religion

I think the AMA has the ultimate say on how drugs are scheduled and that correlates to the pharmaceutical industry. Of course everyone wants a piece of the pie.

Cannabis growers in marijuana mega-merger
bbc.com article 25 January

Pets can benefit greatly from medicinal cannabis preparations:
https://treatwellhealth.com/

And because of Jeff Sessions, every marijuana business and user is a sitting duck, relying on faith and not the law to protect them from arrest. After the Trump disaster is over and Sessions has retired to Alabama to hang out with Roy Moore, the threat will still exist. And it will probably take Congress years to get their act together enough to put forth real legislation to legalize it. The Republican Party must pay for this.

No worries mate. Never took it that way.

I’m not sure how it slipped my attention that Mexico legalized medicinal marijuana in June 2017. It is after all, one of the leading producers of marijuana in this hemisphere. With the legalization of pot in a number of US states, and the recent decision by the Trump Administration to prosecute those states, it seems that informing US citizens of this development would be of interest to US citizens. But what a warped world we live in. Instead, because of the arcane rules of the drug war, free-trade deals, and legislatures, Mexico will import—from the US—marijuana extract. How’s that for a kick in the butt?

If your Spanish is rusty, click the translate button above the banner. It’s rough in a few places, but you’ll soon get the drift:

The Drug War is a $1 trillion dollar failure that has created persistent and egregious problems, while quite efficiently widening the inequality gap–on both sides of the US/Mexico border.

QUOTE: Guild – Please don’t overlook the other entrenched industries that would be threatened by cannabis/hemp, including textiles (hemp denim is superior in every way to cotton), wood-pulp paper mills (hemp paper doesn’t require bleaching), and petroleum (hemp-seed oil can provide feedstocks for motor fuel and lubricants, as well as for plastics).

No wonder it’s been demonized and driven underground for more than 80 years.UNQUOTE

Thank you!
Also helps with Ozone Hole - Nature.