Home | About | Donate

Supporters Credit 'Relentless' Campaigning of Sunrise Movement as Beto Signs No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge

Supporters Credit 'Relentless' Campaigning of Sunrise Movement as Beto Signs No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge

Julia Conley, staff writer

The youth-led grassroots group Sunrise Movement was praised on Thursday when Beto O'Rourke signed the No Fossil Fuel Money pledge following a sustained campaign by the national organization.

O'Rourke announced he was on board with the pledge in an email to supporters and a video posted to social media.

I don’t trust Beto, but thank you Sunrise Movement! Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

We progressives need to support the SUNRISE MOVEMENT. These wonderful people are doing an excellent job!

1 Like

If I remember correctly he signed or at least pledged not to take fossil fuel money during his Senate campaign and then behind closed doors went ahead and took industry money. Maybe I am mistaken but I seem to remember something similar to this. I’m not a Texan and didn’t follow his campaign that closing so I could be wrong.

1 Like

If the guy has to be persuaded, then he is not worthy of the persuasion to begin with. Either he gets it on his own and at the beginning, or he will be a shallowly invested newcomer. The effort and all is noble, but it would be better to let candidates make their choices, then clearly advertise who has chosen a path that is unacceptable. I hate seeing Beto resuscitated in such a manner.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. See my post below. If I am incorrect, pls let me know your thoughts.

Follow the leader, Beto.
Being the 12th to sign? He is pandering.

We need to agree to disagree.