Home | About | Donate

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery for Early-Stage Lung Cancer

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg Undergoes Surgery for Early-Stage Lung Cancer

Common Dreams staff

This is a breaking news story and may be updated...

The Supreme Court's public information office announced in a statement that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Friday underwent surgery for early-stage lung cancer, which was discovered incidentally after she fractured three ribs in a fall last month.

God, we desperately need this woman right now in this nation! May she have a full recovery.

Please, Ruth, don’t retire. Stay on the court until death. We need you now more than ever.

“I’ve never seen such a demonstration, both the numbers and the rapport of the people in that crowd. There was no violence, it was orderly. So yes, we are not experiencing the best times, but there is reason to hope that we will see a better day.”

RBG on the Women’s March in Jan 2017

and a new biography is coming out about the “feminist galdiator”…
The Irony of Modern Feminism’s Obsession With Ruth Bader Ginsburg

TON … I mean TAN! … all the best RBG! May you see a swift and painless recovery !

Considering her age, history of pancreatic cancer, fractures and now lung growth there is a high probability that her successor will be confirmed by the GOP within the next two years.

That’s a hefty request - and I hope it’s not for a good while - but this country would be a better place if Thurgood Marshall had not resigned and given GHW Bush the chance to nominate Clarence Thomas in his last year in office.

Thurgood Marshall and Ruth Bader Ginsburg are both real heroes who made themselves heroes for civil rights and women’s rights, respectively, before they were on the court, as lawyers arguing cases all the way to the SCOTUS that changed things for the better.

We are too close to losing Ruth Bader Ginsberg —

And sadly we still don’t have an Equal Rights Amendment for females in US.

Might be a tribute to her and to all females right now to begin a Campaign for the ERA
to fully empower females here which likely would also set a better tone and opportunity
for US females to begin to empower other females across the planet.

How about a campaign where all the world’s females would contribute at $5 each – ?

How do we begin –

And if Trump could announce that he would select only judges who would overturn Roe . . .

might the women of the Supreme Court – Ginsberg, Sotomayor, Kagan – feel equally justified
in announcing their support for passage of the ERA now?

And, btw, where are our feminist leaders in pushing for this?

Bless Her Soul.

Shoe strings & duck tape

Glad it’s early stage. I hope she goes for vitimans and vegetables and not chemo or radiation. Cutting weakens the immune system and ultimately doesn’t stop a virus. It should be used if there is no other choice but it looks like she’s going for that first. No Ruth, strengthen the immune system.

“Viruses found in lung tumours. Researchers have found evidence that two common viruses may be lurking behind some cases of lung cancer: human papilloma virus (HPV), already recognized as a cause of cervical cancer, and the measles virus. … As much as 20% of the world’s cancers have been linked to infections.Apr 25, 2008”

2008 was 10 years ago. But the big cancer virus cover up continues. Always look up the cancer and see if linked to a viral infection. I believe none have been bacterial so far.