Home | About | Donate

Supreme Court Won't Hear Appeal of Kentucky's Forced Ultrasound Law, Allowing Law Intended to 'Shame' Patients Stand

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/09/supreme-court-wont-hear-appeal-kentuckys-forced-ultrasound-law-allowing-law-intended

No surprise that the Court, headed by the right-wing extremist Roberts and with four other Regressive misogynists, declined to hear the case.

This is theocracy in action.

6 Likes

Also, the issue of Louisiana state requirement for reproductive health providers to have hospital admission agreements in March 2020.

Over 350 legal professionals file an Amicus brief to the court.
The legal professionals included attorneys, law professors, public defenders, prosecutors, retired judges, current law students and a senior attorney with the Department of Justice.

2 Likes

Susan Collins, Mitch McConman, and every Reptilian senator needs to be asked about this ruling every time they are on TV, while campaigning, while eating at a restaurant, while walking their dog.

5 Likes

The majority SCOTUS have shown that they view women as mere fetal chambers and gestation slaves.
The ultrasound mandate is a form of medical rape.
Forcing a woman to listen to gestation slavery propaganda when she wants a medical procedure is fascist to the core.
I hope the good women of Kentucky rise up and, in imitation of Lisbeth Salander from the Swedish version of the movie The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, will wreak physical havoc on those who wrote, passed and supported this law.

4 Likes

Yes, because we need every single baby to be born, to keep growing the world’s population… cause adding only 88 million people, net, every year… is not enough… pour on the gasoline… that seems to be what these sick pasty old white men want… they all think they are Abraham, building up his family tribe with his “seed”… or some thing like that… until we change the CULTURE… and help young people to stop thinking that to grow up, means having someone as a partner to love you, then sex then a baby… family… a house with a picket fence, nothing will change.
I see many young girls who’s self esteem is tied up with a “boyfriend” and they have no one who can tell them… “Gee, honey you know you do not have to go through with this…there is a choice.” and then supporting them, if they make the decision to go through with an abortion, meaning taking them/her to Kingdom come if necessary. So that these white pasty control freaks cannot win… the CULTURE is still too wrapped up in focusing our kids on marriage and family. Those who have the undying passion to do so, still will, but those who are “on the fence” or really know they do not want that … are many times, shuffled along into that life style… whether they want it or not. Is it better than it used to be? … yes, but mostly for those at the higher economic brackets… lower middle to poor ….still get stuck there… I waited until 39 to have my first child…then 42 another… yes…it took me that long to get my education and feel STRONG ENOUGH… to go through with being a parent… Some how, I picked up on the fact that I had a choice. I was the oldest of five. I was the only one that went to college. Because my brothers and sisters all “got pregnant” early in life… [quote=“theinitiate, post:6, topic:70934, full:true”]
Yes, because we need every single baby to be born, to keep growing the world’s population… cause adding only 88 million people, net, every year… is not enough… pour on the gasoline… that seems to be what these sick pasty old white men want… they all think they are Abraham, building up his family tribe with his “seed”… or some thing like that… until we change the CULTURE… and help young people to stop thinking that to grow up, means having someone as a partner to love you, then sex then a baby… family… a house with a picket fence, nothing will change.
I see many young girls who’s self esteem is tied up with a “boyfriend” and they have no one who can tell them… “Gee, honey you know you do not have to go through with this…there is a choice.” and then supporting them, if they make the decision to go through with an abortion, meaning taking them/her to Kingdom come if necessary. So that these white pasty control freaks cannot win… the CULTURE is still too wrapped up in focusing our kids on marriage and family. Those who have the undying passion to do so, still will, but those who are “on the fence” or really know they do not want that … are many times, shuffled along into that life style… whether they want it or not. Is it better than it used to be? … yes, but mostly for those at the higher economic brackets… lower middle to poor ….still get stuck there… I waited until 39 to have my first child…then 42 another… yes…it took me that long to get my education and feel STRONG ENOUGH… to go through with being a parent… Some how, I picked up on the fact that I had a choice. I was the oldest of five. I was the only one that went to college. It is strange how things work out.
[/quote]

4 Likes

Hi DavidCarson:
So----------I guess there will be a lot of women moving from those states that treat women like cattle. Unless of course, a man who voted for this finds his daughter in a compromised situation. I’m sure however, that some enterprising person will create womens history cruises—a learning adventure—but somewhere on the cruise, the woman gets sick----goes to the doctor on board—and voila! Problem solved.International waters as a savior!
I would suggest that women who go to college look for a more women friendly state to attend college—because Kentucky sounds like a rape waiting to happen for all women of child bearing age.
How did Kavanaugh and Gorsuch vote? They both have teen daughters—

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. It is astounding that there are those who would force women to bear children when there are already way too many of us here consuming, polluting and destroying the biosphere.
And the worship of childbirth is baked in to our culture.
Fortunately, although it’s too late, the anti-natalism movement is fighting back.
The books Better Never to Have Been Been, and The Human Predicament, show irrefutably why human birth is NOT a blessing.
Especially not for the woman who has to have an 8-11 pound creature tear its way out, or be cut out, of her body!!!

1 Like

A Supreme Disappointment.

2 Likes

According to plan.