Home | About | Donate

Survivor of US Drone Attack: Obama Belongs on List of World's Tyrants

Survivor of US Drone Attack: Obama Belongs on List of World's Tyrants

Jon Queally, staff writer

"It’s not about me. It’s about every civilian who has been killed in Waziristan."

Those are the words of Faheem Qureshi who was just a young boy in 2009 when a U.S. drone, on the orders of a newly-elected President Barack Obama, fired a missile that slammed into his uncle's home in the Waziristan region of Pakistan where family and friends were gathered. Though others in the house were not, Qureshi was lucky to survive.

If Obama was leader of another smaller less powerful nation, he would be wanted for war crimes in The Hague or the target of CIA/Special Forces assassination. So would Bush/Cheney.

Wouldn't it be nice if American voters had the option of voting for someone who opposes drone warfare? You can say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

presidents have no power--right, left or otherwise. they are simply along for the ride, yet people still believe in democracy, in justice. those responsible for such atrocities are rogue transnationals who care only about power and control--not humanity. regards-

And if the young Qureshi had died in that 2009 attempted assassination by drone "gone wrong": As an adolescent male, he would have been routinely classified by US military statisticians (and their US corporate media stenographers) as a "militant."

Unless you are willing to be a war criminal for the U.S. military dictatorship, you cannot be POTUS!

"The United States supported and in many cases engendered every right wing military dictatorship in the world after the end of the Second World War. I refer to Indonesia, Greece, Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay, Haiti, Turkey, the Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador, and, of course, Chile. The horror the United States inflicted upon Chile in 1973 can never be purged and can never be forgiven.

Hundreds of thousands of deaths took place throughout these countries. Did they take place? And are they in all cases attributable to US foreign policy? The answer is yes they did take place and they are attributable to American foreign policy. But you wouldn't know it.

It never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn't happening. It didn't matter. It was of no interest. The crimes of the United States have been systematic, constant, vicious, remorseless, but very few people have actually talked about them. You have to hand it to America. It has exercised a quite clinical manipulation of power worldwide while masquerading as a force for universal good. It's a brilliant, even witty, highly successful act of hypnosis."––Harold Pinter, Nobel Acceptance Speech

But, but, but,...

Obama through his own actions and intent has committed war crimes, and enthusiastically worked to protect those preceding him also guilty of war crimes, from prosecution. He has agency, he is not powerless, thus he is culpable.

HILLARY- would you like more of the same, if not more? ---Choose Hillary! or Carly.

rest assured that I wasn't justifying Obama actions; I was merely pointing out that presidents are wind up toys/window dressing/front men--or women. it is the cabal that promotes and orchestrates war. the next president could be a saint and war will continue. watch. if the saint balks or refuses to comply, well then, they will be disposed of.

So true.. Presidents are only the spokesperson..ur....spokesman of the Powers that Be.
Good example....Obomber issued an Executive Order to shut down Guanty Bay.
They must be good actors......Ronnie Reagan....Georgie Bush, and one of the smoothest,..OB.

The only point I was making is that I believe Obama IS not merely a puppet being strung along into taking actions, rather a WILLING participant.

I did not assert that your comment sought to justify his actions coerced or otherwise, and also I'm in full agreement with the fact that there is what has been referred to as the Deep State where the real power lies. The Deep State could not operate in the shadows without the willing participation of individuals like Obama.

Is this unwarranted, arbitrary murder committed in our name, the price that we "pay" for living here?

Yes, we love all that high-tech stuff. So fun and exciting.

Former Drone Pilots to Obama: Civilian Killings Driving 'Terrorism, Instability'
Air Force whistleblowers say US drone program "is one of the most devastating driving forces for terrorism and destabilization around the world."

The Deep State could not operate in the shadows without the willing participation of individuals like Obama.

Agreed.

I remind myself when I find myself getting very angry with Obama--and countless other presumed leaders-- for being a minion, that all is not what it seems, and I often I wonder what methods of control are exerted to get him/them to comply with their agenda. Fear is a powerful tool--if not the most powerful--to render someone compliant. That, or some presidents may very well be aligned with the agenda of the deep state. Research suggests, however, that most of them are not brought into the inner circle.

Regards-

People who read Common Dreams know all about the horrors and illegality of Obama's drone program. The rest of the American public know nothing, and they will call you all kind of names if you try and tell them about it. It is unbelievable how an entire nation can be so brainwashed.

Obama belongs on that list. He was elected to be different from W but he turned out to be a lot like him. The only thing you can count on him to do is to break his promises and lie. :scream: