Home | About | Donate

Swedish Activists Troll Russia with The (Way Gay) Singing Sailor Underwater Defence System

Swedish Activists Troll Russia with The (Way Gay) Singing Sailor Underwater Defence System

Arguing that weaponry and war have a less than stellar track record in conflict resolution, the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society has launched a subsurface sonar system in the form of a hip-swiveling, brief-wearing neon sailor to ward off Russian submarines reportedly encroaching in Swedish waters. The singing sailor - aka Fred - is cheaper, cuter and more peaceable than the £1.7 million military patrol Sweden mounted last year after a sub sighting, and he emits a message in Morse code: "This way if you are gay."

There was a time some years ago when the Swedes were complaining that Russian submarines were encroaching into Swedish waters and the Russian leadership replied that they didn't mind if the Swedes sank them. It turned out that the submarines were British. So the story goes; source, "To the Baltic with Bob", an account of a sailing holiday in the Baltic by Griffith Hugh-Jones, British comedian.

'Fred' of course translates as 'Peace.'

Merely pointing out an amusing observation.Seems you have a total bee in your bonnet buzzing around brainlessly. Read my words; I insisted nothing. I regret your lack of a sense of humour.

At least clowns provide amusement and make people laugh, which is an improvement on the dreary idiots who run this world and their morbid followers. I am pleased to have lightened your day.