Home | About | Donate

'Sweet Justice': Juli Briskman, Who Lost Her Job After Flipping Off Trump, Unseats GOP Incumbent on County Board

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/06/sweet-justice-juli-briskman-who-lost-her-job-after-flipping-trump-unseats-gop

1 Like

“Sweet justice” indeed. I hope that the remainder of her incumbency is as straightforward, uncompromising and uncomplicated as her gesture to Twump and Twumpism.

8 Likes

A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.

Julie Briskman’s expression of dissatisfaction has changed her life, and shown all who care to see, how petty Trump is.

5 Likes

Briskman for President .

2 Likes

“…dismissed the idea that the office of the president is inherently worthy of respect.”

True dat!!!

5 Likes

may this be the beginning of the true blue deluge - by that I mean real progressives not the pelosi, biden crap. GO BERNIE!

4 Likes

Now that Virginia is officially blue, let’s see if it keeps moving left or remains moderate.

1 Like

Seeing this makes me genuinely happy! While I likely would have mooned the motorcade, and would likely have been taken into custody or flat-out shot, the only difference in my belief is that the “office of the Presidency” is worthy of respect. The occupant, sometimes, is not always worthy.

What you mean-um “sometimes”, Kemo Sabé?   With the possible exception of Jimmy Carter, there hasn’t been a truly respectable occupant of the Office of the Presidency since January 19, 1961.

1 Like

He and Barr have been flipping off the Rule of Law, so it’s just poetic justice in action!

I’LL SECOND THAT MOTION!!

I doubt the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has standing to sue Tweetle-Dumb for his income from the golf club being a violation of the Emoluments Clause, but Briskman sure ought to give it a try — if only for the publicity.  And she absolutely should push for VERY close scrutiny of the club’s hiring practices, adherence to environmental regulations, payments of County taxes & fees, etc., etc., etc.

2 Likes

Congratulations. I’m very happy for her. I hope the sky is the limit for her political career.

1 Like