Home | About | Donate

Syria Denounces 'New Aggression' After US Warplanes Bomb Government Forces

Syria Denounces 'New Aggression' After US Warplanes Bomb Government Forces

Jon Queally, staff writer

The Syrian government of President Bashar Al-Assad accused the United States of "new aggression" on Thursday after American warplanes bombed government soldiers in the eastern part of the country.

Syria's state-sponsored news agency SANA said the attack—which it decried as an "attempt to support terrorism" in the province of Deir Ezzor—left "scores of persons dead and others injured."

The Russians are the invited party guests, while the Americans are the gate crashers. Now, who are the naughty boys? Terrorism in my name; thanks Bush/Obama/Trump.

So the US has granted itself the right to pursue “terrorism” wherever it might lead? I’m reminded of a royal fox hunt, when a serf’s fences, crops, livestock and children could be trampled by horseback riders in hot pursuit of their quarry, with no recourse. How exceptional.

What the fuck is the USA still doing in Syria?! It’s doing what it always does, destroying the world on behalf of it’s war profiting oligarch owners. The USA is the world’s number one terrorist organization and it seems no one is willing to stop its madness. I guess no one can since the USA has a huge number of weapons of mass destruction and is willing to use them on anyone for any reason nowadays. Fuck the USA. Fuck both the Democrats and Republicans who love making war on behalf of their oligarch owners as much as they love taking money from them. FUCK THEM ALL!

The fascist Duopoly. Republican Fox viewers/Trump supporters. Democratic MSNBC viewers/Clinton/Obama/DNC-DLC supporters. All ripe for fascism as they are “The Ultimate Marks.” Any thought of alternative news sources or criticism of Zionists dictating our foreign policy and all aspects of our government are verboten.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/02/msnbc-a-trainload-of-fools/

Thank you kajsa52 for that link. I somehow missed that article as I always check Counterpunch. In my opinion I feel that that so-called liberals in the USA are even more insane than the conservatives. They are all too willing to look the other way when their “team” makes war around the world all the while feeling that they are morally superior to their redneck cousins. It’s another case as long as it’s not happening in my backyard, then it doesn’t really affect me and thus they simply don’t care enough to stop voting for their own corporate puppet monsters in the USA. They are indeed nothing but dumb marks as the article alludes to.

“One–remember that whatever I’m doing, it’s not actually magic. And two: never look where I’m trying to make you look."
From the Counterpunch article

Thanks for that kajsa52. So I’m going to post an article that is sure to get me called a Putin stooge. But before anyone does just think for a moment. What if ALL of it really is bullshit all the time. I don’t know for sure what this person is saying is absolutely true but what if most or maybe ALL of what we read and hear is intended for the “mark”. Just think about it.

Peace
Po

As a young boy, growing up in 1950’s rural America, I played with little Army Men.

Around the age of 10, I put them away.

As long as the People of America continue to support the parties of the Duopoly and their warmongering ways of excessive spending to maintain the Evil Empire of 700+ Military bases worldwide, we will be subject to their abuses of the power that voters have given them.

It really is that simple.

Support warmongers and you get constant war.

Yesterday, the Democrats sided with the Republicans to keep the government open for the next two years, allowing this administration to use $70 Billion more to go towards our Murderous Military.

Think of how that money could have benefited the people of this country.

There’s only two groups responsible for this: Democrats and Republicans.

Oh, one more group.

Those Americans who keep voting for them.

When will we as a nation put our toys away, and grow up?

Great link, thanks

Agree 100% Ponyboy - Stay Golden

Unusually fact free even for counterpunch, but at least Eskow is a real person with his own opinions.

The Russians are party guests. What a wonderfully cold blooded view of Syria. Progressives are capable of explaining away anything if it impedes their one track thinking.

Actually the bill according to some sources gives the military $80 billion the first year and $85 billion the second year for a total of $165 billion over two years. Way to go senators, funding the world’s number one terrorist organization for the foreseeable future to continue its murderous ways.

Why this story but nothing on what the monster Assad and his Russian friends are doing in East Ghouta and Idlib right now???

And this explanation should not be necessary, but, to those who will accuse me for being a shill for US imperialism against the Man-of-the-People Assad and his hot wife, but yes, US, along with Russia, should get out of Syria so that right-thinking Syrian people can with non-state assistance capture and hang Assad.

(and will Commondreams please do something about the huge default size of articles with photos?)

Hunts continue today, not royal ones either, and regularly cause damage to property while at the same time threatening domestic animals. The Countryside Alliance, which was taken over by the huntin’, shootin’, fishin’ lobby shortly after being formed, defends this sort of activity as “traditional”.

You do know that the person who is throwing this “party” to which the Russians are invited, has accumulated over his years in power, then preceded by his father before that, longest and most the most savage human rights record of in the past 40 years, right?

What’s next, the left deciding that the Argentine Junta of the 70’s-80s was not so bad after all?

Syria, what’s the deal?

Regarding those White Helmets:

I get around it by clicking on “<<show preview,” then in the preview box click on “<<hide preview,” then hit “Reply” in original posting box. It works, but agree it shouldn’t be necessary.

Longer and more savage than our best buddies in Saudi Arabia?

Or longer and more savage than the USA destabilizing and destroying nations on behalf of its corporate owners? To say nothing of its native american genocide and slavery roots.