Home | About | Donate

Take It from a Whistleblower: Chilcot's Jigsaw Puzzle is Missing a Few Pieces

Take It from a Whistleblower: Chilcot's Jigsaw Puzzle is Missing a Few Pieces

Katharine Gun

Following the damning Chilcot report, much will be said about the decision to go to war in Iraq. But one thing will be missing: the information I leaked in the runup to the war. It won’t get an airing because I was never questioned or asked to participate in the Chilcot inquiry.

The Iraq inquiry delivered a comprehensively damning verdict on Tony Blair and the decision to join the US-led invasion, but some questions remain.

A huge, big fat thank you Ms Gun!

"....Jigsaw Puzzle...Missing a Few Pieces"
Matches the "few missing pieces" of both GW Bush's and Blair's brains????

Thanks for your courage and risk of imprisonment to save lives Katharine. Thanks for standing against dark forces.

"It won’t get an airing because I was never questioned or asked to participate in the Chilcot inquiry."

That's really odd that they didn't question her. She would have seemed to be an early "smoking gun". Does anyone know if the text of the original leaked email is to be found on line anywhere.

Perhaps jaded by our own legal machinations, I do not look for Tony Blair or anyone to get more than a tsk-tsk out of this.

Frustrating times. As Snowden said, people who will leak are scarce seed. Gun is an exemplar.

For those that might be interested. The text of the original email:

"Chilcot’s report does not apportion blame. But it does provide ample evidence of what many of us knew all along: that this was an illegal war, that military intervention was by no means a last resort, that all avenues were not exhausted and that Iraq posed no immediate threat to the UK. Furthermore, the post-invasion plan for Iraq looked like it had been scribbled on the back of a beer mat. Blair was warned by the intelligence services that the threat levels to the UK would increase, that Iraqi weapons would fall into the hands of al-Qaida. The consequences of his lack of concern about these things can be felt to this day."

The above fits the morality and beliefs of MILLIONS of people. It also defines who bent the case for war.

Notice how different the above narrative is than ones that relentlessly use weak terms like WE: "We went to war," or "We wanted war," etc. ad nauseum.

LIES! And they are lies that protect very real felonious actors!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Australia also joined the lie.