Home | About | Donate

#TakeaKnee Sunday as NFL Teams and Players Rebuff President Trump

#TakeaKnee Sunday as NFL Teams and Players Rebuff President Trump

Jon Queally, staff writer

Sunday is game day for the National Football League and the hashtag #TakeaKnee is going viral as people across the nation see how players and teams respond to calls by President Donald Trump to punish players who do so.

That will show Donald Dotard. And yes, it is powerful!
I hope many other teams will follow that example today.

Yes. I can’t wait to see Dotard Donalds first lame Tweet about #TakeaKnee, and it’s “Yuge” success due to his moronic comments.

I’m no professional sports fan as like everything else in the world, such sports have been corrupted by too much money. But it is pretty strange to see all the so-called fans up in arms over people kneeling for the national anthem. If those idiots actually bothered to read the history of the national anthem at NFL they would look like the fools that they are. The national anthem was put in NFL games at the behest of the military industrial complex and they paid the league handsomely to do so. It is FAKE patriotism and it show just how gullible and stupid US citizens truly are. Leave it to Trump to stir up is base of morons once again. Personally I don’t care if this leads to the end of professional sports or not, but it simply shows just how deranged Trump and his followers are. This is EXACTLY how Hitler managed to enable a nation of angry people that led to Nazi Germany. Well folks, it is happening here in the USA today.
I fully support everyone kneeling as it is the moral and ethical response to someone like Trump sticking his nose in places he doesn’t belong. What a wretched piece of human flesh Trump is and all of those who dance to his inharmonious tune.

Too many Americans refuse to understand that the flag stands for dissent as it does for various forms of expression to patriotism. Our president does not seem to understand that simple premise. And, yes if the owners don’t like the position taken by players they can be “disciplined”, or even fired. That’s their right…but…that right can subsequently be argued in the courts. If Donald Trump can’t take the heat in the kitchen (or the responsibility of his actions) he can get out.

Given the next occasion, I won’t either be standing or “hand over heart” for the
pledge or the national anthem.

This is a run-away criminal and murderous government which has nothing
whatsoever to do with democracy, freedom, justice.

The power of non-violent protest/revolution as taught to us by African-Americans
and Homosexuals in their fight for human/civil rights …

and we might also acknowledge women’s non-violent revolution also for tens of
thousands of years to lift their oppression.

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . . .
Walkin’ in, singin’ a bar of “Alice’s Restaurant” and walkin’ out? Friends,
They may think it’s a MOVEMENT, and that’s what it is: THE ALICE’S
RESTAURANT ANTI-MASSACREE MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is to
Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.

Not precisely the same, but close enough. We have a movement now.

Holy –

Had NO idea it happened that way – !!

And wonder who else they paid off to play it before sports events, etal?

Thank you!

It’s heartening to see players and staff stand up to the Orange Clown and everyone else who became so incensed when ‘taking a knee’ began. The US flag does not represent democracy or freedom or bravery. Instead it is a symbol of a bellicose and murderous nation so impressed with itself that it claims to be ‘fighting the good fight’ while raining death and destruction around the world.

Thanks to all the players who refuse to participate in the charade!

To be fair, Americans of all skin tones should be grateful to the Dotard.

In his typical inimitably bumbling ways he is unleashing an antiracism wave, which no progressive, not even Bernie Sanders, could have achieved more effectively

America takeaknee patriotism doesn’t mean sadism, cultism, violence or racism. It means love, peace, equal justice, and brotherhood, it means a higher standard of living for all Americans.

I don’t understand why Donny the SCROTUS is upset… After all, black folks on their knees? It must be like a wet dream come true for the asshole.

The WWE Hall of Famer doesn’t like non-violent protest.
He prefers dead judges instead.

Big money meets big sports meets racism head on. Star black athletes have enormous political power, if only they used it, this is a good beginning. This potential power extends beyond sports at the pro level but to University and local sports. What would happen if those superb black athletes playing for the University of Alabama, yes that Alabama, the George Wallace standing in the school building door to unhold segregation Alabama, were to refuse to play until Alabama changes its discriminatory voting laws. Black athletes are a potential Mighty Wurlitzer for change.

Here are the 3 verses to the SSB that people do not sing, just for the record, as I am sure most already know this.

(I have not crossed my heart or sung in over 25 years, but then I also do not attend events that promote it.)

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
’Tis the star-spangled banner—O long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto – “In God is our trust,”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thanks for pointing out HG, a few specifics on it:

Amazing! You managed to cram sexism, misogyny, racism, islamophobia all into one indecipherable rant. You must be a speechwriter for Trump.

What else to expect from someone who joined CD 40 minutes ago - gotta be an agenda…beside stupidity.

Every country seems to have its share of ultranationalists. The put absolute loyalty of the flag and military above all other values. For them superpatriatism is above the Bill of Rights. And the claim that the US is a country of laws has no meaning. Add in white supremacy and you have a toxic mix that is completely at odds with the values of The Enlightenment and the US Constitution. The US in not the country these people signed up for. Their ideal is a white nationalist fascist country run by a dictator whose word is the truth. They are very angry having to live in a multiracial country with the laws aimed at racial equality. And black athletes not standing for the national anthem really gets them angry Trump is trying to stir them up further. It this this anger which is the fuel that Trump and his supporters believe can propel their revolution to establish a white nationalist state.

Thank you - concise and civil - the contrast alone speaks volumes.