Home | About | Donate

Taking on the Nuclear Goliath

Taking on the Nuclear Goliath

Robert C. Koehler

Just as we stood for freedom in the 20th century, we must stand together for the right of people everywhere to live free from fear in the 21st century. And . . . as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon, the United States has a moral responsibility to act. We cannot succeed in this endeavor alone, but we can lead it, we can start it.

“So today, I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons.”

Uh . . .

Veterans For Peace fully supports the Marshall Islands lawsuit
against the nuclear powers both in general and through its
fiesty peace ship, the Golden Rule . .
http://www.vfpgoldenruleproject.org/

The Executive Branch can ignore an international treaty that the U.S. has signed? Not according to the U.S. Constitution. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Six_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Supremacy
And Obama taught Constitutional law?

"“So today, I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons."'

i'll second that most worthy goal! good to hear that representatives speaking for the marshall islands are standing up and speaking out to the mighty, western imperial forces. i do believe, robert, that the overwhelming majority of earth's citizens would rest easier knowing that all nations agree to rid our planet of any nuclear weapons. so then, on whose authoirity do the governments of the united states, canada, france, england, israel and australia continue this madness? why do we_the_people allow the .001% greediest and most irresponsible people on earth to set policies we almost sane ones abhor? we in the united states are painfully aware that big-moneyed corporations exert too much power over our legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. sociopaths, people obsessed only with amassing power and wealth, are incapable of assessing future damage or making wise decisions. their only goal in life is more, ever more. in fact many of them, i'm sure, exhibit multiple obsessive behavioral problems such as alcoholism, gambling fever and such. step one in breaking their power hold is simply to cease flattering them by calling these losers "our leaders." do we really look up to them? do we truly wish to follow in their footsteps?

if the peoples of this tiny, beleaguered island nation can speak truth to the mighty empire, should we do any less? we cannot expect corporate sponsored media to hear our voice, but when we show the persistence of #black lives matter, at some point they cannot ignore us! they will, however, attempt to bring us under the umbrella of the most effective evil political party~co opt our movement for votes, but remember that a true self-governing democracy, a government of, by and for the people needs qualified spokespersons, not leaders!

Obama taught school? He washed out of Occidental College in LA according to an IRS employee who couldn't make sense of his tax returns and had a web site about all this. Then he joined a shady character and materialized in Pakistan using a British and an Indonesia passport, finally ending up in Saudi Arabia with a ten million dollar slush fund and a magical degree from Harvard. All his records are sealed so we don't know for sure. Nobody's ever talked to a student of his, that I could read about.

If you were a Constitutional Law Professor, wouldn't you have a student somewhere crowing about how great or bad your classes were?

Instead, his first job, according to his Chicago University Resume, was BIC bank, a known CIA front company. Then he worked for a law firm in Chicago that wouldn't let him try any cases in court. In fact, he's never tried any case in court.

All very fishy. Me thinks he has a manufactured background, all the better to keep control of him.

TJ

One best way to get rid of nukes is to stop threatening others with your own.