Home | About | Donate

Taking Stand Against Global Capitalism, Women Rise Up in Honor of Berta Caceres

Taking Stand Against Global Capitalism, Women Rise Up in Honor of Berta Caceres

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

Indigenous women, environmentalists, and feminists across the globe on Tuesday marked International Women's Day with a renewed call to stand up against oppression and resist the intersecting attacks on women, particularly those pushed to the margins of global capitalism, and Mother Earth—our Pachamama.

HRC has the blood of this courageous lady Berta Caceres, on her hands. Enough said!

my honoring of Carceres on this International Women's Day is to say GO BERNIE GO! and to send him even more money.

I'm afraid I must agree. You know the old saying, "It's not who pulls the trigger but who provides the bullets". HRC provided the bullets when she recognized the coup d'etat.
Caceres was an extraordinary human being.
Po

"Indigenous women, environmentalists, and feminists across the globe on Tuesday marked International Women's Day with a renewed call to stand up against oppression and resist the intersecting attacks on women and Mother Earth—our Pachamama."

The key word is "intersecting."

How men--and patriarchal societies--view women directly translates to how they treat the Earth Mother, Pachamama, and all of her natural resources.

That's why enlightening cultures in ways that enable persons to transcend the conditioned (and bankrupt) values of patriarchy--which always rest upon misogyny (added to racism) is so important to the restoration of our beloved planet's beleaguered ecosystems.

My post from the cited Jagoda Munic article:

"In recent interviews, [Cáceres] once again encouraged us to rise up in collective solidarity, in the global South and North, against the predatory capitalist, patriarchal system in order to save women's lives, human lives and the planet." [my italics]

i join in this call, and ask people everywhere to continue and join the collective solidarity "against the predatory capitalist, patriarchal system in order to save women's lives, human lives and the planet."

We all need to be Berta Cáceres. In solidarity, consider the timeless question: "Which side are you on?"

Which side are you on, when you work? When you buy something? When you operate a motor vehicle? When you view media? What does "solidarity" mean? How does one "live in solidarity"? Is it easy or simple? Does it pay well? Can we eat? Can we feed each other? Does it involve risk, and struggle, and danger? How do people in different social and economic positions "in the global South and North" look at the challenge to "live in solidarity"? What is in play? What is at risk? What must change?

On International Women's Day: ¡Berta Cáceres, presente!

Yes, and thanks for your reply.

Solidarity with the true feminists of our common home planet! In their circle of love are included themselves, one another, men, other than human creatures and Mother Earth. Now that is a circle of Life!

Standing up against global capitalism is as useless an enterprise as standing up against global warming: Arctic climate scientist John Davies, writing in 2013, declared his belief that "runaway" was occurring, and that our species would likely be extinct by 2040.

Honour to Berta Cáceres, all the ladies, and the work for and with Mother Earth.
The voices of sanity cannot be drowned out or snuffed out for long.