Home | About | Donate

Taking 'Wrecking Ball' to Endangered Species Act, Trump Administration Opens Door for Corporate Attack on Vulnerable Wildlife

Taking 'Wrecking Ball' to Endangered Species Act, Trump Administration Opens Door for Corporate Attack on Vulnerable Wildlife

Julia Conley, staff writer

Gutting the law that has protected the bald eagle, the American crocodile, the gray wolf, and countless other animals from extinction over the past four decades, the Trump administration gave its latest handout to corporate interests on Thursday when it unveiled sweeping changes to the Endangered Species Act (ESA).

Mammon, the parasite that it is, must be eliminated through exocytosis from this planet. Life has intrinsic value, money does not.

“Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.”
A Native American proverb.

When I was a kid we had that commercial that featured pictures of dirty air and water, and garbage everywhere. And the camera eventually stopped on the silhouette of an old Indian turning toward the camera with a single tear rolling down his cheek.
I guess we’re all crying Indians now.

“Taking ‘Wrecking Ball’ to Endangered Species Act…”

Yeeeeeeeh-hah!!! Kill, Republicans, Kill!!!

I remember that ad very well. Turns out that the “Indian” was a fake. He was a man born Italian who made a career of impersonating Native peoples in movies and on TV. I’ll bet the “tear” was glycerin. Sure, it was a meaningful message but TV always has to demean the process.
“Everything that goes through television comes out much smaller on the other side.” – Gene Wilder as “Willie Wonka”

If only Republicans were Endangered Species. WE can hope.

I wonder how many in government who want to kill everything-----did they ever go to war?-------Or did they suffer from bone spurs a al Trump----or forgetting they were in the Air National Guard like Bush----------Oh wait he did stand on an air craft carrier and declare mission accomplished-----oh wait, but were still UNaccomplished.
Anyway, who that votes for offing all the creatures actually experienced any war?

This entire administration is like rats in a grain bin. What they can’t eat, they piss on.
*Unfortunately, they don’t seem to be an endangered species.
;-})

And, as usual, even with this latest example among near countless evil rot and destruction from the trump regime, the “opposition party” will remain largely silent…largely silent because they too (with very rare exceptions) serve the same greed and corrupt evisceration of what America is supposed to stand-for.

The same can be said for the media that serves us mindless blather, the celebrity scandal of the day, repeats verbatim the propaganda of politicians, corporations and other usurers, parasites, and pirates…they must tell the “other side” of the issue ya know…the other side being the justification for the worst human beings are capable of…the “other side” of truth…AKA “alternative facts”.

It is devastating to see that our society to large degree, is so shallow and vapid, corrupt and uncaring, so consumed by money and the trappings of wealth that we will be lucky to survive…that may be true in any event if the odious trump & co remain in power any longer…all that is good, truthful, honest, sustainable, and many of the wonderful creatures now alive will soon be gone…rubbed-out by greed and ignorance…and we will be the poorer for it in ways that make life worth living.

"The human beings, my son, they believe everything is alive. Not only man and animals. But also water, earth, stone. That is the way things are. But the white man, they believe EVERYTHING is dead. Stone, earth, animals. And people! Even their own people! If things keep trying to live, white man will rub them out. That is the difference." - Old Lodge Skins

I’m too depressed already to read about another complete imbecile in the current administration doing dastardly actions to murder Earth and her children. Enough already, if humans want to survive another millennium or two. It’s up to them and with whom they vote in positions of power that control things. Or an intensive subversive insurrection to thwart plans on commerce and workings of the state. If not now; never; really, time’s up. It’s up to the youth if the human species are to survive.

Pro-life, child bombing, Republican oil thieves will now gut the endangered species act because why? Because they are Pro-life and worship a son of God who created all they murder. We circle the wagons and have a head-on. Our salvation lies in an election we can count on and enough Progressives to overturn the pillaging from the Pro-life child bombers gutting protections for all of God’s creatures because they are Christians. Absolute hysteria. Fight back. Game on.

Actually they are. They just don’t realize yet how much money you can count while holding your breath submerged in toxic sewage spewed forth by a factory the owned stock options in. Ha, Ha, Ha, I’m laughing all the way to my return to the soil of Earth, our only real friend. To be recycled as she sees fit, not some corrupt politician or corporation.

Frankly I’m thinking reality wise election time’s over. But do vote if it make you feel good. Right now vodka is coursing through my grizzled veins. I hear you though.

Yep, mission accomplished, the end of the US Empire. Ha, Ha, Ha,…LOL!

All we need is another hockey team to stand behind. I’ve been corrected on Common Dreams etiquette on responses.

I would write “enjoy” but the word feels in no way feels appropriate:

SIDEBAR: Sadly, the man doing the ad is Italian-American. I just, myself, learned this.
The ad is poignant as hell but this new info saddens me in some way.

PLEASE don’t give the neo-liberal damnocrat assholes a pass!

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy…keep the faith brother!

Why plod along at late stage capitalism speed when they can jump right to end stage capitalism? And the end of us. And the end of everything.

I don’t know if I care about humanity right this second, but I do have a cat.