Home | About | Donate

Telling the Truth About Immigration

Telling the Truth About Immigration

Bob Burnett

Donald Trump plans to make immigration and "border security" the dominant themes in the 2018 midterm election. On June 24th, Trump tweeted: "We need strength and security at the Border!... We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, [send] them back." To respond effectively, Democrats need to tell the truth about immigration; they need to respond to 10 questions.

17 months into this administration, you have to ask yourself:

“Do I feel “more” safe and secure, or am I “more” scared and unsure?”

Me personally, I’m terrified, not for myself, but for the young, the very old, and especially for the poor.

PonyBoy, by being awake and aware you, I and the vast majority of our pals here at CD should be terrified for ourselves as we do not have the bliss of ignorance to comfort us. Additionally, the old saying may be updated to begin: “First they came for the thinkers…”

“…we do not have the bliss of ignorance to comfort us…”

We do not, and, I, wouldn’t want it.

My folks didn’t both struggle to put my brother and I through college for us to turn out, ignorant. I have lost them all, my brother, my Dad, and my Mom, and I feel that I owe it to all of them to speak the truth as I see it.

While I can.

Thanks for listening.