Home | About | Donate

Tens of Thousands Flood Streets in UK to Protest Trump and 'Everything He Stands For'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/04/tens-thousands-flood-streets-uk-protest-trump-and-everything-he-stands

No doubt that someone in the Trumpmobile dangled something bright and shiny to Trump’s left side to distract him from his floating likeness. The man-baby will report to his minions that it was the most bigliest and enthusiastiest crowd ever assembled in the home of fish and chips, and his minions will eat it up. The only question is what color dress the Fox fembot will be wearing during the adulation of the imbecile ceremony known as Fox & Friends.

4 Likes

Even if he didnt see the protests i am sure he will see it on the twitter or whatever social media he plays with to make his stupid remarks. Either way it wont make any difference but it will be a nice day out for the brits.

3 Likes

The slavish craven display of subservience by the Brit government and royals to trump was pathetic.

9 Likes

Why are We Americans not out in the streets? One month until “Trump’s Fabulous Fourth of July!” (featuring Donald J. Trump)

5 Likes

Meghan Markle, who in the past openly criticized Trump and what he stands for, showed her opposition by not participating in the charade. She’s on maternity leave but her absence sends a message…

4 Likes

The Brits put us to shame with Protesting Everything Trump stands for. We can learn a lot from them in that department. Have We become complacent, lazy or just don’t care any more? Problem is many of us do care, but we are unorganized, unlike them.

4 Likes

The US ambassador to the UK just told Marr that the NHS is on the chopping block in their potential trade deal with the US, and the Brexiters want to dismantle the NHS and have a system like ours. There is going to be increased misery there, so these protests should be thought of as practice, the big fights are coming. And the Tories have already been undermining the NHS as is.

8 Likes

Trump is merely the most visible face of a deranged political-economic system, predatory global capitalism, which has been the prime cause of the Climate Crisis threatening the existence of most species on earth, and the prime cause of wars, poverty, hunger, homelessness, and inequality.

Protesting against the Orange Idiot is necessary, but not enough. The entire system of global capitalism is rotten and mass-murderous.

9 Likes

Jeremy Corbyn’s speech at the rally.

Hats off to Jeremy Corbyn! As the UN Human Rights agent joins the team and The Labour Party in the UK, more of the world will raise the banner–NO LONGER TOLERATE THE INTOLERABLE! The US needs to be taken to task…

1 Like

What Labour would do to save the NHS, which has been savaged by Tory policies. “Labour will commit to over £30 billion in extra funding over the next Parliament through increasing income tax for the highest 5 per cent of earners and by increasing tax on private medical insurance, and we will free up resources by halving the fees paid to management consultants.”
https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/healthcare-for-all/

1 Like

My thoughts too! The British government went way beyond courteous! In my opinion, nothing but a bunch of royal, fawning, hypocrites!

2 Likes

True, but they can be sated by the fact that whatever graces are given to trump, they do so under duress.
Even a stiff upper lipped family of royalty can’t match trump’s narcissism.

1 Like

It seems that I’m the only one who recognizes how to rattle trump. I saw his reaction a second time the other day.
The only thing trump cannot discharge, ignore, or be bombastic about is when he is laughed at. He melts in disbelief that his self made illusion of greatness is rebuked in a public’s reaction to one of his blatant lies.
Whenever trump lies in public he needs to be laughed at.

1 Like

Got a call yesterday from a marketer. Blocked the number, and today the same outfit calls from a different. This is one of the disgusting tentacles of capitalism that I abhor. Telemarketer calls.

LOL! How many times do come here and just spit nonsense propaganda on this? I fed you tons of studies and data in the past. So you just mention some article and give me a quote, as if that is an actual argument? Who wrote the article, what metrics were they using, what studies were they citing, how did that system compare to other systems on those metrics? Who knows. The NHS system does tons better than we do on many metrics and is always ranked well above our rotten system, then again, which system isn’t? The Commonwealth Fund ranked the NHS systems as the top ranked healthcare system among the 11 systems they studied. The US was ranked last.

My god are you dense. Yes, when there is a funding gap, more money fills the gap and helps to build more beds, hire more doctors, etc. The UK actually spends far less on healthcare than most other developed countries. The NHS is extremely efficient (infinitely more than we are) and so most of that money would go to actual care. The fact is that the Tories and the New Labour types have underfunded the British NHS, which has resulted in cuts to the other three NHS systems. There is a massive funding gap, which the Commonwealth Fund has noted (think it was over $20 billion every year), and the Tories have used that as a means to privatize the system. Well, what happens with privatization? Simple, the overhead in the system (i.e., waste) has massively grown, because more complexity requires more money being put aside to manage the complexity and private interests have taken the place of the far more efficient NHS. Outcomes have not improved either. That is all you assholes on the right offer, to loot everything. You offer no solutions to anything. What could be done is for the government there to simply fund the system and to fill that gap, but like the right wing here in the US with the VA, they under-fund it, and what it has problems they use that as an excuse to farm out services to inefficient private parasitic groups. I have explained this to your thick head before, and you comically defended the US system. How in the fuck can someone defend a train wreck capitalist system like this one and call the NHS a “disgrace”? Besides, whatever you think of it, the people there don’t want the NHS system to be dismantled, they want it to be properly funded, so why the hell should anyone care what you think and why should a bunch of unaccountable elites make decisions that are in opposition to what people there want? By the way, taxes aren’t needed to spend. The governments there create and control their own currency, so they don’t need to tax or borrow in order to spend.

And I am not going down the rabbit hole with you again. Anticipating your hack response; the VA has thousands of open positions, the government refuses to fill those positions, and despite that, a Rand study showed that care at VA facilities often exceeds the care that veterans get at private hospitals. The VA is also far more popular (and efficient) than private insurance, and so is both Medicare and Medicaid.

5 Likes

Corbyn has that JFK style of public speaking.
So sad that our politicians can’t, or won’t muster that kind of commitment and enthusiasm.

2 Likes

It’s all so spin-doctored and poll tested that our politicians are plastic. I think that’s one reason the Orange Monstrosity got 60 million votes. People thought, well he’s an idiot but at least he’s an authentic idiot and I don’t want another plastic politician in my living room for the next four years. I’d add humorlessness to that too.

1 Like

And he is THEIR personal idiot.

1 Like