Home | About | Donate

Tensions Escalate as Iran Sends Warships After US Bombs Yemen

Tensions Escalate as Iran Sends Warships After US Bombs Yemen

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Iran reportedly sent two warships to the Gulf of Aden on Thursday, following news of the first-ever U.S. cruise missile strikes on Iran-backed Houthis late Wednesday.

The republic's naval commander confirmed that two naval destroyers had been deployed off the Yemeni coast "to protect trade vessels," as the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.

Pentagon: "We don't seek a wider role in this conflict." DoubleSpeak Alert! Translation: "We've got to get rid of some of these old missles, they're so five minutes ago, we need to upgrade. Oh, here's a good place...."

Not ww3: Naval assertion of US exceptionalism increasing in ludicrousness. insightful for Iran to call the bluff. An inspiration to all who oppose the expending of the United States (with our victims) in our quixotic reprise of the British Empire. Obsolete economics and ideology is a flailing anachronimity poised for a great fall analogous in world opi ion to the USA's iconic Trumpdy-dumpty

USA is a Rogue nation. For the USA there is no rule of law. The USA has been bombing Yemen with drones for years. No declaration of war from congress. Attacking a country with missiles is an act of war. So now the USA allows its president without vote or voice of the people to attack and go to war with other countries on the taxpayer's dime. People who do this are bad dictators not presidents. The USA is a rogue nation, a nation or state regarded as breaking international law and posing a threat to the security of other nations.

How did those missiles work in terms of casualties? Great huh? Now you need more money for your depleted arsenal, right?

What a bullshit line. That the Iranians benefit from this provocation by US forces.

Why do I get the feeling. The US is about to get there ass kicked. At the cost of hundreds of millions dead, perhaps billions.

WW I started with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

The way the U.S. is tossing matches around in the mid-east, one of them is bound to hit a fuse.

perhaps meddlesomeness, smugness. Insensitivity to the validity of other humans, self-entitlement, tribalism, racism, etc but

then there's karma (along w the reality that this whole military-industrial cataclysm heralds Gaia's biggest reboot since secondary sentience).

Watch out! Iran is sending their two destroyers as a symbol of protection. I am afraid it will not be long before the Reich's Kriegsmarine sinks one or both, "Defending itself against an attack." If an investigation proves that there was no attack, it will turn into a "mistake," a misread radar reading or somesuch.
* As Iran has some pretty powerful allies including Russia and China, things could get out of hand very rapidly, especially if this incident was used to justify an attack on Iran. And then, there's Syria...
;-})

Our entry into Vietnam was caused by one bullet hole found in one of our ships in the Gulf of Tonkin. That provoked our attack in retaliation (supported unquestioningly by our media) and the sending of troops. The rest is history. It took us some time to take to the streets over the cruel stupidity of this war. Years later, it was shown that the one bullet hole might have been trumped up.

Read an article earlier this week suggesting that, once the U.S.'s financial system implodes, which should not be too long now, we could see much of our country's power elite sitting in the dock at the Hague. Wouldn't that be a fitting sight?

I read something a while back. That said they already have a plan. If they are arrested and brought to justice.

I know that you know that things got out of hand years ago. We are in a moral missing free fall. We are only waiting for the quick stop when we reach bottom.

The only plan that Obama has left is called: Reaction.
He and the neocons are up to their asses in alligators.
The only people who still believe a word they say are the politicians and even the Right won't listen to them anymore.
This must have been what it felt like just before the old Soviet Union collapsed into a pile of rubble.

Right, history redux. Like the Borg, the US Fourth Reich seems to feel that "History is irrelevant."
* Edmund Burke and George Santayana both said, "Those who do not know (or understand) history are doomed to repeat it."
* How many millions or billions must suffer or die with this repetition?
* I wish people would stop playing the lesser of two evils game and remember that the lesser of two evils is still evil! That tired old game has been played out every four or eight years since Johnson stepped over Kennedy's corpse to assume the Presidency, and this nation has become worse with every repetition.
* I think Jill Stein is a real breath of fresh air. I see no evil in her. Her concerns are much the same as Kennedy's. How can we achieve peace, how can we better the condition of humanity and the earth itself. She gets my vote! I won't play that LTE game, ever again.
* Dr. Jill Stein, Green, 2016 and beyond. Real hope for the future!
;-})

Jeeeess, Ron, You're going to make me ask you what their plan is?!!! Was your supper getting cold? :grin:

Something to do with they would use all available force to not let it happen.

We have GOT to get rid of these chickenhawks in the Pentagon starting with Ash Carter. That asshole reminds me of the insane Gen. Curtis LeMay of WWII who thought nuclear weapons are the solution to any and all diplomatic problems. Now we have the insane neocons directing our foreign policy. Is it possible to ever get someone who isn't stark raving mad back in control of our government? Ever since WWII all we had had are increasingly crazy imperialists.

I would believe that.

Here's something for you. It starts off slowly, picks up around 2:20 and starts screaming around 5:25. But, if you can spare the 7 1/2 minutes, watch the whole thing:

Jimmy Dore: ‘Hillary Clinton can’t wait for war, trying to make us afraid of Russia instead of working with Russia’ [Video]