Home | About | Donate

'Terrifying' and 'Unacceptable': Outrage Mounts Over Manslaugther Charge for Alabama Woman Who Miscarried After Being Shot in the Stomach

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/27/terrifying-and-unacceptable-outrage-mounts-over-manslaugther-charge-alabama-woman

2 Likes

They are some sick sick creatures in Alabamastan

14 Likes

I’m not pro-abortion, but this is downright stupidly ridiculous. The authorities involved in the persecution in this case should be removed from office.

8 Likes

Every news story I hear of Alabama makes it sound like it still is in the 1800s.

9 Likes

Just read the headlines here and across the the web, reporting the sickness that is America has to be the most stressful job there is.

4 Likes

If you’re not pro-abortion ( odd phrasing ) by all means choose abstinence and don’t have one. See how easy that is.

7 Likes

NO one is pro abortion. That phrasing is just Right wingnut.
I’m not Pro Abortion but I do completely support a woman’s right to control her own body and make her own choices without ANY input from the government or you or me or anyone else - unless she asks for that input. If she chooses abortion, I support her in that choice.

14 Likes

It is not often that I am left speechless–this is one time…Astonishing shit…

6 Likes

I like that, “Alabamastan”. I hope you don’t mind if I use it again on this news item comment section. The word certainly puts the right prospective on what the Southern Christian White Trash are and are doing.

7 Likes

Police Lt. Reid sez:
The 5-month fetus was "dependent on its mother to try to keep it from harm, and she shouldn’t seek out unnecessary physical altercations.”

Or, “Clearly, the mother abdicated her responsibilities as an incubator. These responsibilities may not be codified in law, but any white Alabama male worth his salt knows ‘em when he sees ‘em.”

5 Likes

For some, for millions in this country, organized religion has become a drug of choice. And like all drugs it eventually kills your brain cells and leaves you a slobbering idiot. What possible rational could be used to justify prosecuting a shooting victim who lost her child? If she is convicted and the appeals go to the Supreme Court “Justice” Robertson will, no doubt, be the deciding vote to send her to prison for the rest of her life.

You realized don’t you, that the coup of the US Government is all but complete and for at least the next few decades we will be living under a conservative hell and the complete dissolution of the US Constitution. The South has finally won the Civil War. This is what life would have been like, or worse, if the traitorous bastards would have won 150 years ago.

8 Likes

And had that child been born, can there be any doubt that the state of Alabama would have moved heaven and earth to ensure a happy and healthy life for it?

7 Likes

We have to seriously start to find ways to certify these repub sickos as insane and commit them to an institution. Also must demand the elected officials resign and call for new elections. The good ol’ US of A has turned into Insaneistan. Actions like this MUST.NOT.STAND.

5 Likes

This is likely the most outrageous thing I’ve heard in a sea of outrageousness.

This DA who brought the charge needs to be exposed and held accountable for such an outrageous decision. Make his/her life miserable. There is no excuse for this.

6 Likes

Yes–tons of doubt.

3 Likes

Wow…just wow, so according to the idiots that thought this shit up, if a pregnant wife starts an argument with her husband in “Alabamy”, and the husband hits her in the stomach causing her to miscarriage, she can be charged for manslaughter. Is Missouri next in adopting this insanity? This kind of crap didn’t start with Trump but it sure has gotten worse because of him.

6 Likes

That’s from Norman Goldman

The Judge and Prosecutors involved in this insanity, must be given a choice, resign or be disbarred.

9 Likes

Alabama is so backward that it is almost impossible to believe the medieval antics of its foolish leadership. No wonder it is at the bottom of the trash barrel that is today’s America.

6 Likes

I would argue that they have forfeited any right to a choice in the matter.
Not just because they advocate removing that right from others, but because they have clearly demonstrated that they can not be trusted to make rational choices.

2 Likes