Home | About | Donate

'Terrifying': AT&T Spying on Americans for Profit, New Documents Reveal

'Terrifying': AT&T Spying on Americans for Profit, New Documents Reveal

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Telecommunications giant AT&T is spying on Americans for profit and helped law enforcement agencies investigate everything from the so-called war on drugs to Medicaid fraud—all at taxpayers' expense, according to new reporting by The Daily Beast.

We need to bring back Lily Tomlin.

They are the phone company!
You do NOT mess with the phone company.

Hardly "terrifying." More like busine$$ as usual.

Quote: If companies are allowed to operate in this manner without repercussions, our democracy has no future' Unquote

It does not even have a presence. It has disappeared slowly and quietly, but is now in the distant past.

You put your finger on the most scary part about that: There is no outrage. We have been conditioned to take that crap and put up with it without even flinching.

The intended and actual "Mission Accomplished" is making good progress.

I am not even sure about that. If he became POTUS (highly improbable), he would face opposition on both sides of the House as well as the Senate. That would stifle most of his idiotic maneuvers.

Clinton on the other hand would "hit the ground running", well in tune with a well oiled war machine, to start disasters all over the planet.

As per usual, corporations cannot be trusted.

Yes - understood.

Canada is looking better and better...

Yep. Have been trying here and elsewhere to get people thinking about how to go about rethinking the corporation itself. The fact that we are literally at the mercy of the more predatory and reckless corporations is something that in theory we should be able to eliminate. Because humans created them (out of thin air) and so humans can dismantle them.

Don't hold your breath. It is not that far behind.

What democracy? Does any one know of another country that spys on it's own people like the good ole' USA? We fear a police state but I think we already have one.
AT&T was always the first to offer up data but they have stooped to a new low with this one, as has the government of this, supposedly, free country.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say terrifying. And Boycott AT&T!
They're so busy spying on us, they can't stop a mass shooter though.
Orwell has to be rolling.
Jill Stein for sanity.

Awake yet? We live in f*cking Matrix...lol.

End the oligarchy. FIrst up, waking up the sheep.

You're right. In my defense I wasn't referring to the readers of this site. I've a general respect for all. But, I get it.

Our democracy has no future. WHAT DEMOCRACY? The current election should tell anyone that is not brain dead the answer to that question!

I did not "write that" I was simply quoting it from the subtitle of the article. If you read that whole post, you will learn, that I have waved "good bye" to democracy in this country a long time ago.

Damn. you nailed it!

If what this country has done and is doing in our names does not terrify you...nothing ever will! Amerika is for all intense purposes, absolutely and unequivocally the Fourth Reich! And folks you have not seen anything yet! The nightmare is just nascent now but just wait until the next POTUS is elected!