Home | About | Donate

Texas Democrat Calls For Trump Impeachment on US House Floor

Texas Democrat Calls For Trump Impeachment on US House Floor

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Rep. Al Green, a Democrat from Texas, took to the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday morning to formally call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

"Mr. Speaker, I rise today with a heavy heart," Green said. "I rise today with a sense of responsibility and duty to the people who have elected me; a sense of duty to this country; a sense of duty to the Constitution of the United States of America."

The correct domain extension for the website is .org, not .com as stated in the article.

I was really hoping that it would be a Republican who made the first call for impeachment. That would really have shook things up. But no, it'll be more of the same back and forth across the aisle. ugh. I can already hear republican constituents' complaints

We can't wait that long...

Need to be careful about wanting to impeach Presidents because you don't like him. The standard is "high crimes and misdemeanors" not, unpopular. I did not vote for The Donald, but I would suggest not setting a precedent of impeaching for being disliked - it may come back to bite us when a Democrat takes office.

The thing that worries me is how over-saturated Trump's idiotic discretions are covered in the media. We all know from experience that regardless of Trump's lack of compentacy, the public will eventually grow tired of the "witch hunts" and rally around this fool as they did after the Access Hollywood scandal and other flagrant outbursts. As Bill Maher said, "Trump could have Anne Frank's skeleton in his closet" and it would not make a difference, which is the numbing effect of 24/7 news coverage. The only people who could impeach Trump are the republicans and right now they are holding back their tongues knowing the MSM will bail out Trump once again.

There are serious repercussions already as a fall out of Trumps indiscretions and the revealing of classified data to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kisly.
See: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-disclosed-classified-information-is-that-impeachable-1.4116766

And: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.4117300/how-trump-sharing-intel-with-russia-could-create-an-intelligence-vacuum-and-put-canadians-at-risk-1.4118403

This is high treason, caused by extreme stupidity and boastful immaturity of a nine year old. This guy is unfit to run a kindergarten, let alone any country.

This is the sick times we live in. Impeaching trump would get us Pence. We'd move right to WWIII and have a cristo-fascist in and still have the corpratocracy. If we impeached all of the Republicans we'd get Dems and WWIII and a complete corpratocracy. Sick times. I voted Stein. I did not cause this situation but I'm to blame in that every election before last I voted Dem so yeah, I completely caused this. Sorry world.

Thank You Al Green!

https://plato.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/encyclopedia/archinfo.cgi?entry=patriotism
Primoratz, Igor, "Patriotism", The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer 2017 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), forthcoming URL = https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/sum2017/entries/patriotism/.

What is patriotism?
The standard dictionary definition reads “love of one’s country.” This captures the core meaning of the term in ordinary use; but it might well be thought too thin and in need of fleshing out. In what is still the sole book-length philosophical study of the subject, Stephen Nathanson (1993, 34–35) defines patriotism as involving:
1. Special affection for one’s own country
2. A sense of personal identification with the country
3. Special concern for the well-being of the country
4. Willingness to sacrifice to promote the country’s good

Definition of vertebrate
1. : any of a subphylum (Vertebrata) of chordates that comprises animals (such as mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes) typically having a bony or cartilaginous spinal colum which replaces the notochord, a distinct head containing a brain which arises as an enlarged part of the nerve cord, and an internal usually bony skeleton and that includes some primitive forms (such as lampreys) in which the spinal column is absent and the notochord persists throughout life

Two interesting articles from yesterday; one more from today:

Fake News Day: One Day, Three Serious News Stories That Turn Out to be False -- May 16, 2017 - Moon of Alabama

"Trump was elected with the support of the U.S. military. Clinton was supported by the corporate and intelligence sides of the power triangle. Trump won. Now the deep-state intelligence side, together with the moneyed part of the Democratic party, is out to impeach him. The constant sensationalized dribble of false or irrelevant claims against him prepares the ground for that.

...This full-throated propagandizing on all channels, without any critical voices challenging the basic facts, is endangering the functioning of democracy. The fourth estate is now just a tool to influence. It can no longer claim to have any inherent value."
==

"Ray (McGovern) suggests that Brennan and also Comey may been at the center of a “Deep State” combined CIA (John Brennam)-NSA (Mike Rogers)-FBI (Comey) cabal working to discredit the Trump candidacy and delegitimize his presidency.

...(Robert) Parry sees the three key players in the scheme as John Brennan of CIA, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and James Comey of the FBI. Comey’s role in the “coup” was key as it consisted of using his office to undercut both Hillary Clinton and Trump, neither of whom was seen as a truly suitable candidate by the Deep State." (parentheses added)
==

James Comey Is Losing His Game With Another Non-News Leak -- May 17, 2017 -- Moon of Alabama

A week ago Trump unceremoniously fired FBI boss James Comey:

After six months of investigation the FBI had no evidence for any of the rumors about Russian interference [in the U.S.] that were thrown around. It should have closed the case with a clear recommendation not to prosecute the issue. That Comey kept the case open was political interference from his side. Hearings and public rumors about the case blocked the political calendar. Instead of following the facts, and deciding based upon them, he was himself running a political campaign.

Comey had hoped that he would not be fired as long as the investigation was running. Since Trump kicked him out Comey tried to get a public hearing in Congress to spill the beans and get some revenge. The Republican majority leaders smelled the trap and did not invite him. Today he upped his game: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation.

President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

Comey leaked the memo to raise new allegations against Trump and to finally get his day in Congress. But Trump's “I hope you can let this go” is not a clear interference in a judicial investigation. Trump just wished that the FBI would use its resources to look into other issues, like the extensive leaking of secret intelligence that occurred during recent months. Nothing nefarious can be constructed from that reasonable explanation. The investigation into Flynn, for violating the Foreign Agent Registration Act with relation to Turkey(!), continues. Trump has had no influence on it. If this talk has been so important as to possibly constitute a breach of law why did Comey wait months, until after he was fired, to leak it?

The Comey claim is another non-issue and non-story. The Republican congress leaders will not jump on Comey's bandwagon (- or will they?) If this was the worst Comey can present he has lost the fight.

The deep-state, which opposes any collaboration with Russia and wants Trump impeached (RealNews vid), will now have to find a new angle for its attack.

You're an MSM believer. Looks like there are quite a few here...

Thanks. Trump's popularity problem is a Republican issue. The Democrats only strength lies in a " pure moral suasion " type of appeal. The kind that was used to try to end slavery before the Civil War. Mostly, by people who didn't have Beauregard as a middle name. It's often confused, by the modern Republican Party, with obstruction of justice, lying under oath, treasonous actions, tax cuts and bad healthcare, etc
I just wanted to balance your objective observations with another equally objective warning. Did it help?

The following two articles contain a full rebuttal to your argument. If anyone is guilty of criminal leaking, it's the Washington Post:

==

In this second article, see the write-up regarding the 3rd false story.
One Day, Three Serious News Stories That Turn Out To Be False -- May 16, 2017 -- Moon of Alabama

Trump is a bulwark against WWIII? Trump?

That makes no sense.

One more for you:

No matter the nature of the Israeli agent in question, the fact is that the Washington Post’s irresponsible publishing of content from a private conversation between the American President and Russian Foreign Minister has endangered the life of an individual working for a long term US ally.

This is the real scandal.

I agree. It makes NO sense. And he's constantly wavering toward that war and the number of tanks are still growing on the Ukraine boarder. But, we'd already be in WWIII if Barack, Hillary or Pence or heck the whole MSM got their way. The only shred of decency at all in trump is that he's cautious about jumping into that establishment war. Sick isn't it? Of all of the Dems who I trusted over the years, even Bernie, all went pro war. Only the orange fascist nutcase isn't diving in (fully) yet.

"If we impeach Trump, then it is going to be worse with Pence, et al."

Same BS "lesser of two evils" argument.

Is the Republic worth saving? If yes, then we take on EVERYONE regardless of political affiliation who has been a part of bringing the nation to this point in time.

"A. J. MacInerney: [to President Andrew Shepherd] Oh, you only fight the fights you can win? You fight the fights that need fighting!"

-- "The American President" (1995)

I have made many comments regarding the Neocon driven policy of containment in Russia, and that there are Neocons that actually are pushing for war against Russia. I also have made many comments that are NOT supportive of Assad, but recognize that the US has engaged in arming either indirectly of ISIS and Al Qaeda spin-offs in Syria as a means of Neocon driven policy of regime change in Syria. I have stated how dangerous a proposition it was when Clinton proposed no fly zones in Syria, given Russia's support of the Regime with its Air Force active in the region.

All of that said, this tired rationale, and I mean tired rationale that has been pushed by "thinkers" on the Alt-Left like John Pilger who muted most criticism of Trump for months in exchange for this ONE rationale. That Trump EVER actually represented a true shift in that policy, and that he has a peace seeking bone in his body.

It is damn obvious (and not I'm not parroting the Russia Election Fraud theory here) that Trump has shady ongoing business dealings in Russia, and THAT is the ONLY motivation WHATSOEVER for any cooperation he is willing to give Russia.

He took on James Woolsey as foreign policy advisor back in September, who as you probably know is a supreme Neocon completely aligned with the same Neocons who drove the US coup in Ukraine. The Trump Administration has indeed echoed such Neocon propaganda about returning Crimea to Russia, etc.

Trump has not called off the buildup of tanks and troops on Russia's borders, or the scheduled war games. The Trump Administration HAS gone ahead and deployed the offensive capable ICBM defensive systems in South Korea obviously aimed at that Neocon driven containment policy against Russia and China.

Trump has engaged in Twitter Nuclear War sabber rattling with his false pronouncements which of course were echoed in MSM about how US warships were heading to North Korea, and in fact had arrived 400 km off the coast when no such ships were there, adding to the paranoia of NK.

And those cruise missiles he launched against Syria were what exactly.

Oh yes, the alt-left will say that it is because Ivanka made him do it, or because the Neocons made him do it. The same Neocons that he himself appointed as Generals to his Administration. THOSE Neocons.

And then there is the usual Neocon rhetoric which Trump parroted for months and months against Iran, and in support of the State of Israel's oppression of Palestinians.

This alt-left notion, pushed by Pilger and others that Trump has EVER represented ANY bulwark against such Neocon policies of containment/regime change against Iran, Syria, Russia, China is just so much bunk.

I mean Trump, prior to his dinner in his Florida White House with his fellow CEO of China where apparently he was impressed, had taken an aggressive military posture regarding the South China Sea. Much more aggressive than the Obama Administration pronouncements. Of course, that was the moment, over chocolate cake that he bragged about having just fired missiles in Syria, and how he had war ships moving toward NK and that if China wasn't going to solve the NK problem that HE would.

Back to Russia. Again, I don't subscribe to the election coordination with Russia, HOWEVER it is DAMN EVIDENT that Trump has had shady dealings with Russian business interests, and that it is very likely a lot of these business interests have been in violation of US sanctions (that I'm not in support of) and worse.

It is quite apparent, with his firings of Comey, Yates, and the other person whose name escapes me - all involved in investigation into Flynn and other Trump associates - that Trump wanted to STOP any such investigation. His tweets, his statements, and the statements by his Administration have been all over the place which is indicative of a man who desperately wants to hide something.

We are dealing with Trump after all, and there should be a solid assumption that any posture toward Russia is NOT because the jerk is aligned toward peace.

Trump?

That and all of the other facts I mention, in addition to the fact that he ran on a big military buildup, a big crackdown on "law and order" at home, build the wall, conceal carry in 50 states, an attack on regulatory agencies to the benefit of corporations, a huge corporate tax cut, a healthcare system "market based" and the rest.

This whole notion that Trump was EVER some outsider, some anti-Establishment candidate, some bulwark against US hegemony, is JUST SO MUCH NONSENSE.

Did you say the same thing to republicans who were howling to impeach Obama?
Because that went on for 8 years, and they didn't even have anything go on. it was just an automatic knee jerk response to having a black man from the Democratic party be president.