Home | About | Donate

#Thank You Bernie

#Thank You Bernie

In the bittersweet aftermath of Clinton's likely victory, Bernie supporters have flooded the hashtag #ThankYouBernie with heartfelt thanks - for taking on the Democratic establishment and fighting like hell, for recognizing black/poor/ Palestinian lives, for inspiring the young and not-so-young, for being tireless and gracious against all odds, for speaking the truth, doing what's right, giving a damn. May he, and we, prevail.

Bernie inspires; he is forever true to peace, justice and what is right in the world.

Yes, Thank You Bernie! I have wanted for over 20 years to check your name on a ballot somewhere. Now it looks more like I will be WRITING IN your name this November, but I will do it proudly. Paul Wellstone would be very, very proud of you, too, so take a bow before going back to the battle.

And shame on you, Hillary, for your lies and sleaze and secret deals! Shame on you for distorting the record of possibly the only honest politician we have in Washington. You have damaged a whole new generation of voters in your unlimited lust for power. Justice WILL catch up with you, just as it WILL catch up with Bernie. The only difference is, you will get to rot away in a cell somewhere, while Bernie will be out and free, getting loved by the millions of us that he has spent his life fighting for. Bernie is Class!

Thank you Abby Zimet. I totally agree. I stood in a crowd of 17,000 Bernie fans and got the same feeling that I experienced back in San Francisco in the 60's, that any thing is possible. Thanks to Bernie for his efforts through the years. He has indeed started something very positive in an otherwise dim world. Onward...

Yes! Shame on you Hillary...

Bernie, for heavens sake, do not give up. In two years time you will have another chance and so do we all.

Bernie, this political revolution, but more than that, your candicacy, and you and Jane, personally, have changed me. The others I have met virtually have changed me. It's been a wonderful, positive thing, personally and politically, for this child of the D.C area, who grew up on the national news being the local news. It's the idea that yes, we can make changes, if we connect with one another and work together for that change. It's the thought that yes, we can do that when we find a leader--you--who cares enough to stop a rally for one person in need of help; who stops talking to listen to people no one has yet listened to, and hears and understands and feels what they have said. Thank you for bringing back the feeling of hope that there are ways of improving our lives, if we just think out of the box, look around us, and think about it. Thank you for being the catalyst of change in this one person, who's trying to spread that to others. Rock on!

This seems too soon and I don't want his candidacy to end. Let's wait for the convention before we start saying goodbye, o.k.?

Thank you Bernie for thinking about the forgotten little man and me.
We are not invisible, only pushed off to the side of the road.
Underdogs have long been aware of the powers of the elite.
Sold out by the D.N.C., we have been since the death of J.F.K.
The pendulum is about to swing back far to the left!
The people are done with the Dems and the Pugs and Americas' Police State too!
In Trump we will find our rebellion and our true strengths!
Let The Games Begin!
Class War! 2016!

Like the elderly Jewish man on the street in Manhattan, I have been waiting for you, Bernie, for 65 years! I'm so proud of you, and being your age, so amazed at your energy and what you have accomplished. It is too bad that the United States can put a man on the moon, but isn't able to count votes. And they call this democracy! Have no doubt that you won and won big in New York, Arizona, and California. The odds are stacked so unfairly against real change. I'm still a regular donor and will remain so until you tell me to stop. Meanwhile, am looking to you to continue to fight, to lead this revolution, and to steer us toward other, acceptable candidates that need our support. Regardless of what you choose to do, or direction you go, you are the first politician I've ever completely trusted, and you haven't let me down. Thank you, Bernie!! and Jane!! What a wonderful couple you are!

Super layout and message Abby. Thank you too.

Yes,

Thank you Senator Bernie. And thank you Abby and CD for spreading truth and freedom of speech all over the world.

TJ

Well no. The Red Tyrant Queen will not be jailed. Possibly shot for treason if anybody digs deep enough into the Clinton Foundation and finds the rumored bribes from China in reward for off-shoring American jobs to Slave China.

More likely, she'll die in shame on a golden bed. Alone, unloved, unmourned.

The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust, from whence she sprung,
Unwept, unhonor'd, and unsung.

. - Walter Scott

No. Bernie gave a national spotlight to all our progressives issues. He got Obama to capitulate and agree not to cut social security. He defined the national debate and the issues of the entire country.

HEY, whats all this lyin' around shite? All this "it's over" talk? It ain't over till we decide it is! What the love happened to the Sandernistas I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? Philly could be the greatest time of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bernie, we might get in trouble.
Bernie didn't fight so long and hard for the issues, for radical change, for US, to call it a day now! The Struggle Continues!
On to Philly to continue to support Bernie and our issues!
A million people in the streets is a damn powerful message and call for justice, real change, and our political revolution - THAT's a fitting homage to Bernie Sanders great energy and leadership! And who knows, The Lady has not sung quite yet!

Bernie or Bust! Occupy Philly! No Justice, NO Peace!

I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU BERNIE!!!

AND CONGRATS TO ALL WHO WORKED FOR HIS CANDIDACY AND VALUES--ON TO THE CONVENTION!

(they, Common Dreams, told me this was not descriptive enough---always the same thing--you get a little power, a web site people go to for news and info and encouragement, and what do they do? Censor you. Oh well, maybe it's some digital censor, not a person?)
This is what I wanted to say, ok?

I agree with the commenters above. This is too soon, and what are you thinking CD and Abby?

Ask yourself seriously how long you think Clinton will be saying what she is saying today about accomplishing everything that the Sanders campaign has been about. A week? 10 days?

And we are supposed to forget or ignore the big money that has financed her campaign to make sure that nothing that Bernie has been fighting for ever comes to pass?

Bernie's in a tight spot, as are we all. I would give anything to be a fly on the wall during the meeting between O and S today.

However Senator Sanders decides to go on from here, he should announce it at the People's Summit next week in Chicago. These organizations are his people. It is an outstanding opportunity to both give the summit coverage and reinforce Bernie Sanders' message of real change coming from the bottom up rather than the top down. We not me.

How about it Senator Sanders? How about joining your people for a joint declaration of, like Huck Finn, how we light out for the territory ahead?

http://www.thepeoplessummit.org/speakers/

I want to thank Bernie for pointing the way out of the hole the neocons and neolibs have dug we the people into. No one person has done more to connect folks with their own power--their individual sovereignty--than Bernie has done. To expect Bernie to return to the Senate and lead a political revolution is unrealistic in my book, and even more so if he becomes President. With our empowerment comes the duty to lead. Bernie has done his bit; now it's time for us to do ours, which includes leading in our own communities and states. While Bernie will always be a statesman, a thought leader, a visionary, new leaders will rise up within the democracy movement to take the reins and build support to power a major upset in the midterms and beyond, which Sanders needs to be effective in the sewer we call Congress.