Home | About | Donate

The 9/11 Hijackers Were Iraqis, Right?

The 9/11 Hijackers Were Iraqis, Right?

Rebecca Gordon

I was teaching the day the airplanes hit the World Trade Center. It was the second meeting of “The Communist Manifesto for Seminarians,” a course for my fellow graduate students. By the time I got to class, both towers had collapsed. A few hours later, Building 7 came down as well. We dispensed with a planned discussion about what Marxists mean by “idealism” and “materialism” and talked instead about the meaning of this particular example of the “propaganda of the deed.”

Whatever you do, do NOT question…oh never mind.

Ask any of the Democratic leadership (as well as Rachel Maddow) who flew those planes into those Towers. They’ll say, “Putin did it” (especially Rachel Maddow).

Peace
Po

Ignorant and distracted people are much easier to fool than those who do not accept what they are told as truth. The greatest sowers of ignorance and distraction are the mass media: TV, radio, movies, and newspapers whose chief function is not to inform or even to entertain, but to sell. Whether it is medicines, consumer goods, or ideas, the rest of the content (and those who expose themselves to it endlessly!) is just so much fill designed to keep the eyes, ears, and minds of the audience occupied. It is really a voluntary submission to mass hypnosis.

That is precisely correct–“never mind” ought to be the motto of all the developed world.

It is with great sadness for the American people, that I have read your article. If there is a god of vengeance, it’s target now swings from the neck of this country of under-informed and/or purposefully misled citizens. An orange clown is now seen to finish the sealing of their coffin, wherein lays their freedom.

The students have probably spent much of their recent lives texting their friends, checking their social media accounts, and playing video games. And they are going to school near Silicon Valley so they probably figure artificial intelligence will handle everything soon anyway. Can they code? Isn’t that what is important today if you want job when you graduate, not knowledge of the past?

“I want the truth!”
“You can’t handle the truth!”

Absolutely.

Anyone who was able to finish “The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions” (2005) by the emeritus theologian David Ray Griffin has a clear idea of the truth (such as will ever be revealed).

War is big business . We have had a war economy for a long time. War is big business.

War Is A Racket
By Major General Smedley Butler

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

Those who do not know the past

Are condemned to continue it

We’ve all heard expressions such as, “Those who learn nothing from history are bound to repeat it.” Or, “The way to peace is peace.” Or, “Those who appreciate peace the most are the dead.” We consider such sayings as coming from the voices of wisdom. Why is it then, that we, after a bit of rallying seem always so eager and willing to engage in war again?

Murkins don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Murkin sepshunulism ?

Great piece Rebecca; very sad too. Please don’t make the mistake of imagining that public schools did a terrific job educating students about the world before the “dismantling” you refer to. Look around you; consider the depth and intelligence of the average voter–anywhere from 20-70 years of age. It should be obvious to you that the vast majority have not been trained to be thoughtful, informed participants in a “democracy.” The dumbing down of schools is not new, and it’s tiresome to hear that meme repeated again and again.

Correct. The dumbing-down of Americans from as early an age as possible, and the removal of development of critical thinking skills in the classroom, is by design. A well-educated, critically-thinking populace is the biggest threat to those in power. And they are very much aware of that fact.

19 hijackers, 13 Russians, I mean are we that stupid or just plain lazy? I know intelligent professionals who still believe the 911 fairy tale as served up by the media and government…and now with trumps, some say we don’t deserves this, I say we do! keeping our collective heads in the sand will reap what we sow…

Oh, c’mon. You can surely get more over the top with silliness than that.

Your “is by design” thought seems too simplistic. Yes, it does work out that way, but I think nationalism and patriotism simply leads to a “dumbing-down” and a lack of critical thinking. Text books that are overly critical of US actions and policies do not sell and don’t make it into class rooms. Teachers, especially in rural areas, who are not deemed “patriotic” do not have their contracts renewed.

I would add only that such a populace in touch with its revolutionary heritage is the biggest threat. For proof, I offer the venom aimed at the late Prof. Howard Zinn’s “A People’s History of the United States.”