Home | About | Donate

The Art of the Autocrat

The Art of the Autocrat

Robert Reich

Last week, Trump made a deal with Carrier (and its parent, United Technologies) to keep 800 jobs in Indiana rather than sending them to Mexico. Indiana agreed to give Carrier $7 million in tax breaks, and Trump assured United Technologies that its $6 billion a year in military contracts would be secure.

I am happy for the workers, but remember this is the media darlings that are peddling this crap. Did people forget that over 16 M jobs were added during O's administration?

Since we have no idea if Trump Inc. owes money to Japan or has any business dealings outstanding there, these deals he is making with them MUST be transparent.... But they will not.
How did we get into this situation? All of this should have been discussed at length during the campaign.
Instead, all we heard about is BS Emails! Political gossip! and Fake News!

L'etat et Le Donald!

Has anybody found out how much per hour will be paid to workers staffing the jobs Carrier will delay offshoring ?

Robert Reich conflates craft with art. None of the oligarchic legacy even comes close to "art". It is by definition a constant gasping, grasping of a deadly narrow set of instruments perpetually shaped to function as whirling blades and explosives in order to hypnotize its prey.
From exploding the essential coherence of what it means to be a human being integrally essential to the full scope of life, to its consequences of perpetually on the brink of collapse because of its narrowness, the craft always has been a sleight of hand, only the number of sets of eyes that must be deceived and victims it requires have increased along with exponential destructive impact on the planet.

No Robert Reich, "art" it is not!

In 2008 I was contemplating a new website.

It was to be called "High Road to the Future".

As a sort of mission statement, I wrote a little note to myself.

It was titled \\ Fight Back //

I don't have it with me here at the coffee shop, but in essence it said that "the Western Way", of which Robert Reich is a high profile member in good standing, as is Donald Trump, was so badly broken, so inimical to life on Earth, that there was no point in tinkering with it - it needed to be replaced.

Please note that I like Robert Reich - and detest Trump - but it doesn't matter really - it's the system that both espouse that is the problem. And good intentions are only a first step - we need to win, and we are not winning - even a little.

Well - it doesn't look like "The Western Way" is going to to be replaced in an orderly manner.

It looks like collapse and a new Dark Age.

Repost...

Bet you didn't know we have a governmental site dedicated to this perpetration.

StopBullying.gov

If The Bully Says or Does Something to You

1 Ignore the bully. If you can, try your best to ignore the bully's threats. ...
2 Stand up for yourself. Pretend to feel really brave and confident. ...
3 Don't bully back. ...
4 Don't show your feelings. ...
5 Tell an adult.

5 appears to be a difficult hurdle given members of this administration

As long as I'm at it, here is the link to the gov's online training and evaluation for

Bullying Prevention Training Course

https://www.stopbullying.gov/prevention/training-center/bullying-prevention-training-course/index.html

They also have links for the individual state laws and policies regarding this poor behavior.
Cyberbullying is Real, It's a Crime, People have Died from it.

Schools have obligations to address bullying and harassment under federal civil rights laws