Home | About | Donate

The Assassination of an Iranian Scientist and the Double-Standards of American Outrage

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/12/04/assassination-iranian-scientist-and-double-standards-american-outrage

3 Likes

The photo beginning the story, there’s your terrorists that emboldened and most likely approved this assassination plot.

8 Likes

Death Dealers R U.S.

3 Likes

This sort of horrific behaviour has been going on for decades. Recall how Palestinian writer Ghassan Kanifani (together with his niece) was murdered by Israeli terrorists in 1972.

The double standard is so commonplace that it isn’t worth mentioning. All we can hope is that a day of reckoning will arrive.

5 Likes

Iran is understandably outraged at the murder of its citizens and I can see why they would want a nuclear deterrent (what other good can a nuclear weapon do them?) In the same way Israelis were outraged by the murder of their Olympic athletes in Munich, Americans by the ISIS beheadings, Yemenis by our drone strikes n their wedding parties, Nigerians by the abduction of schoolgirls… All the outrage fuels revenge which leads to more outrageous behavior. How to break this cycle??
That said, in this case it would help if the US stopped demonizing Iran and Iran stopped the “death to America, death to Israel” rhetoric

2 Likes

Hi barry_schiller:
But too, it would be nice if Israel apologized for murdering the sailors on the USS Liberty, and the murdering of flotilla members in international waters, and actually going back to 1948 with the murdering of Palestinian villagers . And of course, there is the gruesome murder of Rachel Corrie by a caterpillar operator, he was found innocent of course. And then the arrest of Palestinian school chidden dragged out of their beds in the middle of the night, and too the protestors who were murdered, although clearly identified as medical help. Then too so often --------, not to forget the numerous murders all over the world of people who Mossad .decided were guilty.
HOW TO BREAK THIS CYCE? Returning Palestinian ------ first stolen in 1948—and secondly there is absolutely NO reason to give Israel. 3.8 billion of American every year— both -Americans and Palestinians need help.

9 Likes

I wonder what the reaction would be if the US government was toppled by a foreign power to install a a puppet Dictator like what was done to Iran in 1953. Do you think the discourse would be different? Do you think people would admonish America for having ill feelings towards the country responsible?

7 Likes

It’s not just extra judicial killings in Iran. Numerous other similar murders that the US conducts (as this one was US approved for sure), contrary to all national or international law, not only do not trigger any adequate public response in the US or western Europe, but to the contrary, they bring people in the streets screaming USA USA. It’s simple, the US population is highly indoctrinated, not much unlike the Germans under the Nazis. Obama talks about American exceptionalism, and justifies droning (civilians mostly), and Biden speaks of American Leadership in the world, when no one has run an election in the world to elect America as their leaders…and on…and on. Biden, the “decency guy”, did not even issue a cliche statement to condemn this latest one. This is all, old, very old news.

4 Likes

'The question has to be asked: Why does Israel always get a free pass? ’

that indeed is the 64 million dollar question. Why was there no american outrage when israel attacked the u.s.s. liberty in 1967? Why can israel shit in america’s face and the american response will invariably be ‘oh, that tastes and smells so good; please, may i have another’?

this all points to something unspeakably sinister and shady going on behind the scenes of this ‘special relationship’. As does the fact that anyone who very publicly questions the ‘special relationship’ gets viciously attacked as ‘anti-semitic’ by the ‘special relationship’s’ defenders in the CIA controlled lamestream corporate mass media. Makes one wonder if the ultimate ‘conspiracy theory’ that an international cabal of jewish zionist bankers is in control of the ‘american led’ western alliance isn’t true!

3 Likes

There is a difference, Mr Schiller. The Iranian “death to America, death to Israel” rhetoric is just that - rhetoric. It’s like the chants at a football game. When, as a matter of interest, did Iran last kill an (US of) American or an Israeli, let alone killing the entire countries? When did Iranians ever conduct a terror attack on the USA? NB - this is NOT to say that the government of the mullahs is a good thing - it definitely is not! On the other hand, (the US of) America (there are OTHER nations in America, North, Central AND South!) has demonstrably done a hell of a lot more than merely demonizing Iran, along with the armed-to-the-teeth bully-boys of Israel. NB - I am NOT castigating Jews - just some of them, including a large number of Israeli residents and citizens. As I state repeatedly, the Holocaust and earlier pogroms are terrible indelible stains on the history of humanity. (Incidentally, so are other genocides past and present, including those of Native Americans in America, North, Central AND South!) That does NOT provide a permanent pass for Jews to themselves commit crimes against humanity. There are good Jews, middlin’ Jews, bad Jews and Jews who are right up there with the worst examples of so-called human beings in history. Just like all other races. And religions, just to cover all the bases.

1 Like

Yes, barry_schiller, I quote the following comment: “Hi barry_schiller:
But too, it would be nice if Israel apologized for murdering the sailors on the USS Liberty, and the murdering of flotilla members in international waters, and actually going back to 1948 with the murdering of Palestinian villagers . And of course, there is the gruesome murder of Rachel Corrie by a caterpillar operator, he was found innocent of course. And then the arrest of Palestinian school chidden dragged out of their beds in the middle of the night, and too the protestors who were murdered, although clearly identified as medical help. Then too so often --------, not to forget the numerous murders all over the world of people who Mossad .decided were guilty.
HOW TO BREAK THIS CYCE? Returning Palestinian ------ first stolen in 1948—and secondly there is absolutely NO reason to give Israel. 3.8 billion of American every year— both -Americans and Palestinians need help”.
And, I will repeat what I said earlier: “That little Zionist speck in the desert will end up being the cause of the death of us all!” We are fools to allow this.

2 Likes

Simply put, Zionist Israel owns the USA.

1 Like

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H41TZk70L5U

???

It’s interesting, but I’m not sure what’s going on with this, a follow up to the vid produced the story below. I don’t know Arabic, but more than one poster in the comments to the vid claimed the name “Fahmi Hinawi” is Arabic.

(h)ttps://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202012071081377793-netizens-refute-reports-on-alleged-killing-of-mossad-official-in-tel-aviv

1 Like

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzqdd82AJ0M

I don’t know who this guy is, but it looks like Iran.

1 Like

Unless this guy had something to do with the assassination of Rabin, but I doubt it.

~https://www.timesofisrael.com/thousands-attend-rabin-memorial-rally-in-tel-aviv-25-years-after-assassination/

1 Like